Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I just added our 16 year old daughter and a 2009 Nissan Altima to our USAA policy yesterday. Rates went up $115 a month.

2011 Chevy PU
2018 Jeep Wrangler
2018 grand design toy hauler
2009 Nissan Altima

Myself,wife and 16 year old daughter and the above vehicles Is now $216 a month

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I retired from the insurance industry five years ago but suspect my info is still pretty accurate.

Agents need to bring value to the table. My agents were trained to ask three questions of prospective clients:
What are their current limits (100/300/50 etc)? How did they pick those limits? Did the prospect understand what the limits mean? Take two minutes to educate the prospect so they can participate in choosing their financial protection.

Agents are paid a commission on sales so there is certainly an incentive to up sell. But recognize a major component of their compensation is based on policy renewals for business sold months and years past. If they base their sales on just price they, risk losing that revenue stream as insureds shop around. Living by bottom price without adding value to the transaction will cause them to eventually die by the price. Virtually any low premium can be shopped and beaten by another carrier if the prospect spends the time to shop. It always surprised me how many people wanted to shop insurance every six months.

One of the reasons carriers are now providing longevity credits to renewing policyholders to encourage insureds to not shop.

Acquisition cost to bring in new clients is a major expense to the carriers although it doesn’t seem that way with as many tv ads for insurance every hour of the day it seems!

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Forgot to add, USAA distributes their products via call centers lowering their cost by not paying agents new and renewal commissions. This helps them be competitive.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JimR
Forgot to add, USAA distributes their products via call centers lowering their cost by not paying agents new and renewal commissions. This helps them be competitive.
JimR: Since Sandbilly did not answer my question and you are an auto insurance veteran. Can a company disallow a claim if you have a teenage child with a DL living with you and you fail to disclose that person as driver of your vehicles? What about if investigation proves they are the primary driver of a vehicle?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Yes and they do.

IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
And then it counts as driving an uninsured vehicle. And the cops charge you with all kinds of fun stuff. And then you have to buy high risk insurance that costs 3 times as much. And then you get a huge fine.

And then since they didn't pay the claim, the guy you hit sues you and you personally get to be on the hook for medical bills and lost wages and pain and suffering and vehicle replacement.

But sure. Just lie to them. Good idea. Heavy sarcasm.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Yes, they may deny coverage in either event.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
good info Jim

I retired from the insurance industry five years ago but suspect my info is still pretty accurate.

Agents need to bring value to the table. My agents were trained to ask three questions of prospective clients:
What are their current limits (100/300/50 etc)? How did they pick those limits? Did the prospect understand what the limits mean? Take two minutes to educate the prospect so they can participate in choosing their financial protection.

Agents are paid a commission on sales so there is certainly an incentive to up sell. But recognize a major component of their compensation is based on policy renewals for business sold months and years past. If they base their sales on just price they, risk losing that revenue stream as insureds shop around. Living by bottom price without adding value to the transaction will cause them to eventually die by the price. Virtually any low premium can be shopped and beaten by another carrier if the prospect spends the time to shop. It always surprised me how many people wanted to shop insurance every six months.

One of the reasons carriers are now providing longevity credits to renewing policyholders to encourage insureds to not shop.

Acquisition cost to bring in new clients is a major expense to the carriers although it doesn’t seem that way with as many tv ads for insurance every hour of the day it seems!

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Proof for SandBillly, just Michigan though:

https://www.michiganautolaw.com/blog/2016/11/26/disclose-other-drivers-auto-insurance/

Slidellkid - Not sure what state you are in, but I know in Michigan, Citizens (Hanover) has a pretty good young driver discount program, more than just the typical good student discount.

I work in commercial insurance, but our agency sells personal lines.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks, I thought so. And it is just a good idea not to be deceptive with anyone you are making a contract with. Besides being dishonest it gives them an opening to attack the contract.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hastings
Thanks, I thought so. And it is just a good idea not to be deceptive with anyone you are making a contract with. Besides being dishonest it gives them an opening to attack the contract.

Lmao, he’s an idiot. You keep on thinking tho.lol

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Acquisition cost to bring in new clients is a major expense to the carriers although it doesn’t seem that way with as

many tv ads for insurance every hour of the day it seems!

You know Jack [bleep] about insurance, admit it? You’re a glorified agent, agents know [bleep]. Lmfao.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’m not going to argue with you [bleep] retards anymore, I handled the actual [bleep] claims. Lmao, not whatever Jim did.

Agents and salesmen know Jack [bleep].

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Let me ask one question. Who here has been denied a claim because they didn’t call in and add a driver?

Jim?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Let me ask one question. Who here has been denied a claim because they didn’t call in and add a driver?

Go to insure.com and check out 10 horrible decisions that will mess up your car insurance. #3 on the list deals with this subject. Don't you believe an insurance company will refuse to pay a huge claim if they legally can? As to your question, I cannot answer that because I try to keep my insurance contracts with accurate information included because I don't wish to have any contest with them about their liability to cover me.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Goodnight Sandbilly, I'll check your answer tomorrow. thanks

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Go to insure.com and check out 10 horrible decisions that will mess up your car insurance. #3 on the list deals with this subject. Don't you believe an insurance company will refuse to pay a huge claim if they legally can? As to your question, I cannot answer that because I try to keep my insurance contracts with accurate information included because I don't wish to have any contest with them about their liability to cover me.

You can Google whatever you want, I had the real job. Idgaf what you Googled.

Night fella.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I don’t know exactly what Jim did In insurance but he wasn’t very [bleep] good at it. Lmao

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
If I let my friend’s son borrow my truck, and he crashes it, am I fugked?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Insurance companies are like cops.

Being forthright is stupid.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (160user, 1234, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 17Hunter, 163bc, 73 invisible), 2,062 guests, and 1,149 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,829
Posts18,496,617
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.