Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
D
DHN Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
In early '06 I was in Del Rio; friends and I went to a drive-through liquor store, a warehouse, really. Some fine looking gals worked there, and you could order a drink while waiting for them to get your bottles, cases, whatever. Presumably you were supposed to finish it before exiting the building, but it didn't seem too many would strictly abide by that.

Dale

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
The good old days.... Imagine the dollar amount now???

Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Jeez.

All over the State now?

Makes me wonder, are places like Impact TX still a going concern. Only place in the Abilene area for miles around to get booze back in the 70's. Well, maybe out the back of some bootleggers house if you knew one.
Why do you think my buddy and I went to the strip in Lubbock, stock up, and drive back to Littlefield, which was dry, and double your money.

I tell you Roger,

this world is a changin' .........................and it's the Debbils doin'. wink

Ain't like the good ol' days when the sheriff had to get his beer from the lady's back porch so's he didn't have to drive two towns over on a work night.

laugh
lol The first time I got locked up was there, got drunk on a bottle of JD and blacked out, sideswiped 3 cars on the main drag then hit a fence, in my grandmother's brand new Buick Lesabre. woke up in jail and this old black man asked me, first time? I said yeah and he said it won't be the last. Later that day the Sherif talked to me, said your name Roger Hunter, I said yes sir then he asked is your Dad Roger Hunter, yes sir. He lol and said I had your Dad in here when he wasn't much older than you for bootlegging, I was 17. That is how I learned about the only time my Dad ever got arrested.

Did you fix all the cars you fugked up?
Insurance did, nothing serious even the Buick had little damage, got charged with property damage and negligent collision. 6 months probation, 250 dollar fine, only had to write the probation officer a letter every month.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DHN
In early '06 I was in Del Rio; friends and I went to a drive-through liquor store, a warehouse, really. Some fine looking gals worked there, and you could order a drink while waiting for them to get your bottles, cases, whatever. Presumably you were supposed to finish it before exiting the building, but it didn't seem too many would strictly abide by that.

We used to fish Lake Amistad in Del Rio a lot in the late 70’s and the 1980’s. We’d drive across the Border at night to buy beer and eat supper. Acuna was safe back in those days. You could pay a local Policia or Federale to Guard your truck for $5 bucks. Spent a lot of time in Ma Crosby’s Bar. You might of heard of it. George Straight made it famous in one of his songs. Great fishing and Great Times.

I wouldn’t cross the border down there nowadays with anything less than a Armored Division of Marines!!!🤠

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The strip in Lubbock, back when I was in high school and lived in Littlefield Tx for a while.

The same folks that owned “The Strip” in Lubbock owned Impact in Abilene. Pinkies.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ribka
The good old days.... Imagine the dollar amount now???

Jeez.

All over the State now?

Makes me wonder, are places like Impact TX still a going concern. Only place in the Abilene area for miles around to get booze back in the 70's. Well, maybe out the back of some bootleggers house if you knew one.
Why do you think my buddy and I went to the strip in Lubbock, stock up, and drive back to Littlefield, which was dry, and double your money.

I tell you Roger,

this world is a changin' .........................and it's the Debbils doin'. wink

Ain't like the good ol' days when the sheriff had to get his beer from the lady's back porch so's he didn't have to drive two towns over on a work night.

laugh
lol The first time I got locked up was there, got drunk on a bottle of JD and blacked out, sideswiped 3 cars on the main drag then hit a fence, in my grandmother's brand new Buick Lesabre. woke up in jail and this old black man asked me, first time? I said yeah and he said it won't be the last. Later that day the Sherif talked to me, said your name Roger Hunter, I said yes sir then he asked is your Dad Roger Hunter, yes sir. He lol and said I had your Dad in here when he wasn't much older than you for bootlegging, I was 17. That is how I learned about the only time my Dad ever got arrested.

Did you fix all the cars you fugked up?
Insurance did, nothing serious even the Buick had little damage, got charged with property damage and negligent collision. 6 months probation, 250 dollar fine, only had to write the probation officer a letter every month.
My Uncle was head of the Houston sector of the FBI then, the only reason I wasn't charged with DUI.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There’s still a combination Liquor & Guns Store down in the TX Hill Country. Bottle N Bag. Down in Uvalde. 🤠

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
have a drug store gun shop here.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
have a drug store gun shop here.

There was one in Abilene when I was a kid, Roger.
Now they’ve just got fishing tackle and drugs. 😬

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I remember when I could buy ammo and fishing stuff at HEB.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I remember when I could buy ammo and fishing stuff at HEB.

We had Furr’s Supermarkets in Abilene when I was growing up. One of my first “paying” jobs at 15 was working in their Gun Department. I remember we had new Colt At-15’s and Colt Pythons for sale for $400

Last edited by chlinstructor; 05/13/21.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
The strip in Lubbock, back when I was in high school and lived in Littlefield Tx for a while.

The same folks that owned “The Strip” in Lubbock owned Impact in Abilene. Pinkies.

Friend of mine got hired as a bouncer at the Cotton Club back in the late '60's. The manager gave him a Smith snub nose and told him you're gonna need it.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
There’s still a combination Liquor & Guns Store down in the TX Hill Country. Bottle N Bag. Down in Uvalde. 🤠

There used to be a place in north central Wisconsin called "Firearms & Firewater".

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk

There used to be a place in north central Wisconsin called "Firearms & Firewater".

Was it located just outside a Rez ? 😜

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

That store sucked.

He never had schit.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

That store sucked.

He never had schit.

We stopped on the way to the hog hunt and were advised they did not sell firearms.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EdM

That store sucked.

He never had schit.

We stopped on the way to the hog hunt and were advised they did not sell firearms.

Probably lost their FFL. It’s been at least 5 years since I was in there.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

475 members (007FJ, 160user, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 43 invisible), 2,203 guests, and 1,176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,377
Posts18,488,483
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.