B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by hanco
You can start getting Social Security benefits as early as age 62. And you’re eligible for Medicare benefits at age 65.
You get 70% of the amount you would get at full retirement age.
Yep. It’s a trade-off.

Take a peek at that article I posted above. For me, I’d rather start drawing it at age 62 (even though it’s 70% of the amount I’d draw at full retirement age) and live into my 80’s (or more)...than to work until full retirement age (and draw 100% of SS benefits) and then die within 2 years after retirement.
Yep, my mother worked into her 70's and died a year after she retired. My MIL worked until she was 67 and died at 69. My uncle worked until he was 76 and died 6 months later. My dad is 78 and still works a part time job. Fuuck all that. I'd rather have a few years to enjoy with less money. Work fuuckin sucks. Not one day in my life I was at work that I wouldn't rather have been doing something else. Not one.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by Pappy348

There are people on here that whine because others have a nice pension.

There are, but I ignore them. My bennies (and yours I imagine) come from agreements made between two private parties and are none of their fuggin’ business. Odds are I won’t collect as long as my father did, bit it’s worth a try. Been 11 years so far.

I’ve averaged about a dollar an hour for every year I’ve been here, so it cost me 110,000 over ten years to catch up to the 22.00 an hour. That isn’t taking into account the raises I would have gotten in ten years I would have received if I had stayed with TD Mechanical. I have a friend that just retired from there,he made about the same as I do now, so I’ve caught up over the years, but he has about 500,000 in company stock, but those people won’t let him have it. He has to wait a year to apply for a third of it, another year to apply for a second third, another to get his last third. They were gonna hire him two different times here, but he stayed for a damn dollar an hour both times. He is kicking himself now. His pension would be 80,000 dollars a year. Damn Dumass!

Last edited by hanco; 05/15/21.
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
I don't get it. Walmart gets to use medicaid to provide health insurance benefits but you have to get robbed because you retire before 65?

What in the republican is this?!

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by urbaneruralite
I don't get it. Walmart gets to use medicaid to provide health insurance benefits but you have to get robbed because you retire before 65?

What in the republican is this?!

Do they really?

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U

Last edited by urbaneruralite; 05/15/21.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
IC B2

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Working here is pretty easy compared to construction plumbing and pipe fitting. That’s another reason I came here. I fiddlefuck around with Mickey Mouse things a lot. I’m repairing a Backflow device that won’t test while I’m waiting on bricklayer to break out block to find leak. It had rust in relief valve, wonder why it wouldn’t pass test???

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by hanco; 05/15/21.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Work fuuckin sucks.

Yup, often anyway. My first 30 was actually pretty good; interesting work and got to work on some new stuff and in interesting places. Last 10, not so much, but well worth the prize at the end. 58 and out the door with a nice incentive to boot.

Sittin’ on the deck watching my catbirds eat the oranges I feed them and watching the cottonwood fluff sail by. That doesn’t suck at all...

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Work fuuckin sucks.

Yup, often anyway. My first 30 was actually pretty good; interesting work and got to work on some new stuff and in interesting places. Last 10, not so much, but well worth the prize at the end. 58 and out the door with a nice incentive to boot.

Sittin’ on the deck watching my catbirds eat the oranges I feed them and watching the cottonwood fluff sail by. That doesn’t suck at all...

Sounds nice, wifey is ten years younger, if I plug away a little longer, she will be able to hang it up at 62.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Work fuuckin sucks.

I enjoy walking my dog, shooting, hunting or fishing every day now. Was too tired to bother with it most days after work. I will likely get a part time job to help pay for my health insurance at some point until medicare kicks in. The only job I didn't find objectionable in my whole life was working behind the counter at a gun shop. Kind of fun helping/advising customers on guns, scopes, mounts ammo etc.. I've known the manager at the local Dick's sporting goods for years. He says he would love to have me behind the gun counter and can put me to work part time whenever I choose.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by duck911
If you’re strong and healthy, do without it for a couple of years.

Whatever you do, DON'T DO THIS.

One bad stint in the hospital and you could be sucked dry, financially. Don't gamble your life savings on a few years of good health at your age. Chit, my 25 year old son has health insurance.

Did you do ANY financial planning? Yes, health insurance is costly, especially when paying out of pocket with no employer plan pitching in. You should have had that in the big plan all along.

I'd hire some help and go over options.

With all due respect, that you are retiring and are only now considering healthcare and asking those questions HERE, means you really need some help.

Good luck in retirement!

You’re a douche nozzle

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Work fuuckin sucks.

I enjoy walking my dog, shooting, hunting or fishing every day now. Was too tired to bother with it most days after work. I will likely get a part time job to help pay for my health insurance at some point. The only job I didn't find objectionable my whole life was working behind the counter at a gun shop. Kind of fun helping/advising customers on guns, scopes, mounts ammo etc.. I've known the manager at the local Dick's sporting goods for years. He says he would love to have me behind the gun counter and can put me to work part time whenever I choose.

Yeah right

LMAO

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Work fuuckin sucks.

I enjoy walking my dog, shooting, hunting or fishing every day now. Was too tired to bother with it most days after work. I will likely get a part time job to help pay for my health insurance at some point. The only job I didn't find objectionable my whole life was working behind the counter at a gun shop. Kind of fun helping/advising customers on guns, scopes, mounts ammo etc.. I've known the manager at the local Dick's sporting goods for years. He says he would love to have me behind the gun counter and can put me to work part time whenever I choose.

Yeah right

LMAO
There's a growing number of people here who realize what a worthless piece of shyt you are and hope you get cancer or aids and die a horrible, lingering death before you can retire. Count me among them. The sooner the world is shet of you the better for everyone.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I think I’d be okay with him just toning down his Inner Azzhole a bit, but it’s not crucial...😜

What fresh Hell is this?
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Blackheart is just happy he’s retired!

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
You can start getting Social Security benefits as early as age 62. And you’re eligible for Medicare benefits at age 65.
Yep. It’s a trade-off.

Take a peek at that article I posted above. For me, I’d rather start drawing it at age 62 (even though it’s 70% of the amount I’d draw at full retirement age) and live into my 80’s (or more)...than to work until full retirement age (and draw 100% of SS benefits) and then die within 2 years after retirement.
Yep, my mother worked into her 70's and died a year after she retired. My MIL worked until she was 67 and died at 69. My uncle worked until he was 76 and died 6 months later. My dad is 78 and still works a part time job. Fuuck all that. I'd rather have a few years to enjoy with less money. Work fuuckin sucks. Not one day in my life I was at work that I wouldn't rather have been doing something else. Not one.

That's a shame Blackheart, most of my best times and memories have been made while I was working.

Life is good live it while you can.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
If you’re strong and healthy, do without it for a couple of years.

Just don’t have, or plan on having any equity.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Whats your income level? Would you qualify for any subsidies? I'm single, no dependents and I've got Ambetter Insurance at the Bronze level I think. I do qualify for subsidies and believe it or not I haven't paid a premium for over a year due to the marketplace overcharging Missouri residents. I should be paying something like 900 per month but am only paying 230 I believe. And they just recently contacted me saying that with the new administration's policy, I qualify for more subsidies, something like an extra 130 per month and if I choose I can update or change my policy which I plan on doing as I'm going to have an MRI and a knee scope. Plan on going to the lowest deductible and out of pocket policy I can find.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Hell, quit working, Uncle Joe will take care of you!

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
"Bob" needs an upgrade.
More catastrophic coverage.
One of these days one of them 450 pd on the hoof groid nurse,s he portrays as hot on here.
Is gonna be riding him a little to hard cowgirl style.
And squish his guts outta his mouth and azz like a road killed frog.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Yep. It’s a trade-off.

That's a shame Blackheart, most of my best times and memories have been made while I was working.
Yeah it does suck. All of my best memories were made while hunting, fishing, camping or spending time with my friends, family or dogs, particularly on the holidays.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (24HourCampFireGuy50, 1936M71, 160user, 1minute, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 64 invisible), 2,442 guests, and 1,454 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,170
Posts18,484,590
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.