-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We have a terrible problem with feral swine here in the Southeast USA but at least most states allow unlimited killing except for poison. I probaby kill 150 to 200 hogs a year, got 4 this week. Out west in the US the arid lands in places are over run with donkeys and horses which are mostly protected to the detriment of native species. Our equine rights nut cases won't have them turned into something useful, like dog food. Year before last when we vacationed in Nevada and California there was a huge outcry because someone with a rifle killed about 40 burros. It wasn't me.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."

O
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
Originally Posted by OzzyHunter
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
good fun.
thanks..
how do you keep the ammo bin from sliding off the roof?

Haha... It's good fun alright.

The ammo bin is bolted on.😁👍

figured..
drain tube/hole for the wet season?

I was surprise how smooth most of the rough to road transitions were...
keep the videos coming!

Yep there's a few drain holes. Try not to go when it's raining if we can avoid it.

These new GoPro's make things appear much smoother than they actually are. Makes for smooth viewing.

Thanks for the feedback Oldmanofthesea.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Great to see you swashbucklers swashbuckling. Keep at it.

O
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by Hastings
We have a terrible problem with feral swine here in the Southeast USA but at least most states allow unlimited killing except for poison. I probaby kill 150 to 200 hogs a year, got 4 this week. Out west in the US the arid lands in places are over run with donkeys and horses which are mostly protected to the detriment of native species. Our equine rights nut cases won't have them turned into something useful, like dog food. Year before last when we vacationed in Nevada and California there was a huge outcry because someone with a rifle killed about 40 burros. It wasn't me.

I have seen a few videos out of Texas shooting hogs in a similar fashion to how we do. Interesting they don't allow poisons over there. Wish it was the same here in regards to poisons. The government poisons everything over here.

They currently shoot the wild horse and donkey populations we have. Normally only when there all starting to starve to death due to eating themselves out with so many of them. Yet still we have this loud minority that blows up everytime they cull some. I'm amazed that they actually protect non-native species in the USA. So far any non-natives and not privately owned by someone is fair game here.

O
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by 5thShock
Great to see you swashbucklers swashbuckling. Keep at it.

Cheers mate!
Great to get the feedback.👍😁

IC B2

O
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by g5m
Nice to see an AR there. I thought they were all gone. What ammo are they using in the shotguns?

There's hardly any AR's over here unfortunately. I'm one of the lucky few.

We use various Buckshot loads but find the smaller Buckshot more effective. Like #4 Buckshot.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

245 members (222Sako, 12344mag, 2500HD, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 21 invisible), 1,717 guests, and 1,041 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,122
Posts18,483,677
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.