Hey guys !<P>I when out coyote hunting this weekend .<BR>I didn't see a thing , nor did I want to get out of the truck . I was only 7 deg. out when we got there , 25-30 MPH wind made it feel like 20 below . We set up one stand in a gully , and froze our ears off . We soon decided that we were out of there .<P>We sat in front of the TV for most of the rest of the weekend , but on Sunday it cleared up just enough to go out to the public hunting ground , and see how my Winchester model 110 held a pattern for turkey season . I decided to take my Savage 10 fp along "just in case" .<P>Well low , and behold ..... When we pull up into the public hunting grounds a ground hog<BR>was sitting out in the field about 50 yards away . I got the savage out , and loaded it with a Hornady's 40 grain V-max .<BR>I was thinking that the hog would jump in his hole as soon as I opened the door , but he sat there like nothing happened . I rested the rifle on the top of the car , and put the cross hairs on him , and..........O better take the safety off.........BANG .<P>I hit her right in the head !!!<BR>Nice female . She was no more than a foot from her hole . <P>That was my first hog of the season , and the first one with my new savage !<P>Vary good weekend considering the weather !<P>BTW- what did you guys do this weekend ?<P>Regards: Treeratkiller