Print Thread
Hop To
Page 103 of 116 1 2 101 102 103 104 105 115 116
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by goalie
If you actually care about how well you're golfing, you're doing it wrong.

I worry about one thing on the course, and only one thing: keeping my cigar lit.

You probably say that because you’re at a point that you don’t embarrass yourself any more. So you enjoy the day.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Heym06
I played a lot of golf when working. The country club bordered our complex. The company paid dues and fees! Sold lots of plywood on the golf course!
Made some great deals on equipment for the plant also! Lucky I never got the golf bug! It was nice when working because I got paid to play! Haven't touched my clubs in the seven years I've been retired! To many other intrests! Good to see you found something you like! Beats the hell out of staying home!

Yeah I truly love it.

I’m glad I didn’t take it up anywhere else because I think playing seasonally would drive me nuts.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Personal preference. Most people who walk are faster than people in carts anyway, so it really doesn’t matter.

Sure they are.

Slowest fuuckers in our league ride.

Slow golfers are gonna play slow no matter what. Old, feeble, slow walkers are gonna be glacial trying to walk a golf course. And some courses just are not set up to walk, either because of massive elevation changes or long distances between tee boxes.

I walk a lot, but there's a few courses where it's not feasible to keep up walking despite being fit, so I don't. I always walk at league, and nobody is waiting on me.

I had to work in Adelaide,Australia and had the weekend off. I had planned to play if time allowed so I brought everything except clubs. Little did I think about my golf shoes alarming the customs People . That cost me an hour and a missed flight. Anyway, I ubered to the Adelaide golf course Saturday morning. Cart rental was going to pretty pricey so I decided to walk. Holy crap, the course wasn’t overly long but the distance between holes was a jaunt. The next to them last hole had a huge elevation change uphill. I thought I was gonna die when I was done. Between the air force and my travel for work, I have been lucky to play in many states and countries.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by WeimsnKs
Personal preference. Most people who walk are faster than people in carts anyway, so it really doesn’t matter.

Sure they are.

Slow golfers are gonna play slow no matter what. Old, feeble, slow walkers are gonna be glacial trying to walk a golf course. And some courses just are not set up to walk, either because of massive elevation changes or long distances between tee boxes.

I walk a lot, but there's a few courses where it's not feasible to keep up walking despite being fit, so I don't. I always walk at league, and nobody is waiting on me.

I had to work in Adelaide,Australia and had the weekend off. I had planned to play if time allowed so I brought everything except clubs. Little did I think about my golf shoes alarming the customs People . That cost me an hour and a missed flight. Anyway, I ubered to the Adelaide golf course Saturday morning. Cart rental was going to pretty pricey so I decided to walk. Holy crap, the course wasn’t overly long but the distance between holes was a jaunt. The next to them last hole had a huge elevation change uphill. I thought I was gonna die when I was done. Between the air force and my travel for work, I have been lucky to play in many states and countries.

Top three courses:

GO!

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

I think you can care and still have fun. I am competitive and there isn’t anything better than winning $1 off of your buddies. Bragging rights for the week. The text chain through the week gets pretty funny from time to time.

IC B2

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage

I think you can care and still have fun. I am competitive and there isn’t anything better than winning $1 off of your buddies. Bragging rights for the week. The text chain through the week gets pretty funny from time to time.

That’s my view.

If you don’t care, why golf?

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

Sure they are.

Top three courses:

GO!

This is a hard question. I have played so many places and probably forgot more than a few. Myrtle beach is a must. Play two different courses a day for a week

If I have to name three that stand out

Indian canyon, Spokane,wa
Bear Trace, Crossville, Tn
Point royal, Branson, Mo

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Pebble Beach
Southern Hills
Mystic Creek Golf Club in El Dorado, Arkansas

I’d throw Spyglass in there too but I already named Pebble and Spyglass just didn’t seem that different from lots of other courses I had played except for that little stretch right down by the ocean.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Pine Valley
Cypress
Merion
(SF Club, Spyglass and Pebble are good too). Never played Augusta, nor a bunch of other great courses.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
For you that have played the upper end courses, do you keep your score card ?

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Walk or ride? Walk when possible, exercise plus I just play better and enjoy it more walking, back tightens up in a cart

Carts are, on average, faster

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
For you that have played the upper end courses, do you keep your score card ?

Yeah, until I changed golf bags a few years later. Lol

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I worry about one thing on the course, and only one thing: keeping my cigar lit.

You probably say that because you’re at a point that you don’t embarrass yourself any more. So you enjoy the day.

I have my moments, but I can get around a course playing with single digit index guys and not ruin the round.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
When the bowling league has filled the night's card...

There is always, golf.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

That’s my view.

If you don’t care, why golf?

I do it as fun time with the guys. I'll never be anywhere near as good at golf as I was at hockey, so I just enjoy the game, enjoy the good shots, and laugh at the bad shots and missed 3-footers....

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

I have my moments, but I can get around a course playing with single digit index guys and not ruin the round.

You can be bad or you can be slow, but you can’t be bad and slow. Some nice person (and I really mean that) told me early on that you have no reason to be embarrassed as long as you can keep up. Golf is hard. Everyone knows that. The single digit guy is as mad about missing the green by ten feet as you are about your shanked worm burner. As long as you can keep up, most people won’t even notice how bad your playing. They’re paying more attention to their own games.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Nothing, I repeat, nothing, ruins golf like "having a little something riding on it".

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Nothing, I repeat, nothing, ruins golf like "having a little something riding on it".

BS, I enjoy making wagers on any and everything while golfing. I think it helps me focus on the shot and I thrive on the competition.

Life is good live it while you can.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Only phags care about golf.

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Originally Posted by 5sdad

BS, I enjoy making wagers on any and everything while golfing. I think it helps me focus on the shot and I thrive on the competition.

We make stupid side bets all through the game. Dollar here dollar there. On the OB holes you are liable to hear something about not going out of bounds or on a short putt you tell them good luck It’s the silly stuff like that makes it fun but if your gonna dish it, you had better be able to take it.

Page 103 of 116 1 2 101 102 103 104 105 115 116

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (1OntarioJim, 260Remguy, 260madman, 1minute, 257 roberts, 1badf350, 60 invisible), 2,365 guests, and 1,206 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,426
Posts18,489,172
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.