D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Originally Posted by DocRocket
https://www.sciencealert.com/most-a...M3CRVf4unyvjaDhsbxM5dmeli_B4qSmMKlwDxNOo

Well, this shouldn't be a surprise... most of the anti-Covid vaccine propaganda hitting the innanet these days comes from a small group of antivaccine propagandists. They have a huge social media following. They have no actual scientific credibility. But because the vast majority of Amerians have received virtually no science education by the time they finish high school, our population is defenseless against these frauds.

The vast majority of the misinformation about the SARS-CoV2 vaccines we are being fed through social media and the popular press is coming from this small but very wealthy group of anti-vax propagandists. Make no mistake. The anti-vax business has become a multimillion dollar profit-making industry that a few people, like the dozen named miscreants in this article, are getting very rich from.

Unfortunately, there are many people who are buying into this pseudoscientific garbage who repeat it ad nauseum, including some well-known members on this here forum. I doubt they're getting rich by it, but they are certainly helping the Terrible Twelve make millions.

There you went and did it! After 17,000+ posts where you were one of the most respected members here who everyone looked to for advice, you've ruined by one post. All the naysayers who get their information from no-name websites run out of basements, hate you now!

Ha!

As if those guys didnā€™t hate me before... trust me, they did. I have gobs of hate PMā€™s to prove it squirreled away here somewhere. I make origami voodoo dolls out of ā€˜em.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Raeford
Doc, I respect your opinions and appreciate your willingness to put out helpful information.

Can you explain why someone with natural antibodies[contracted it] would need the vaccine?

P.S. I would venture a guess that the 'vax business' is also quite profitable, no?

Interesting that Doc would start a topic of discussion and not attend the discussion. I'd like to know the answer to that question as well.

he might be out enjoying the piece of property he and his wife bought.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by irfubar
I got halfway through the article Doc linked and my bullshit meter was starting to redline. The author claims they are hawking the disinformation via, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram.
They only venue on that list I visit is You Tube and I can tell you they heavily censor anything regarding covid and from what I hear so do the other social media types.

You could be right, but I think what the article is referring to is the way these propagandistsā€™ messages get picked up by other agents who are more mainstream... they may not have all the worst content, but they let enough stuff slip through that the YouTube censors donā€™t catch it. As for the Face ok and Twitter censors, theyā€™re a joke...

Anyway, your BS detector is your business, and I say keep it well-homed. I run into a lot of the antivax propaganda 3rd-hand in the ER and other RL settings. I have to spend a lot of time on patient education on the issues, so I track the stuff the self-appointed watchdogs like Antivax Watch put out, as it helps me be prepared for questions people will ask me.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson
Originally Posted by MM879
The point they were making is they analyzed 812,000 posts with disinformation and they traced back to 12 people. Big numbers rarely lie.

Disinformation, or opposing information?

Nobody knows because the science website passed up on the opportunity to provide science.

I read on this very thread that because the number is so large, they don't have to give examples. Big numbers don't lie.

IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Iā€™m 50 years old. Iā€™m 5ā€™11 and I weighed in at 182 pounds this morning. I have no comorbidities and I take no drugs.

Assuming for the sake of argument that the Covid vaccine is as safe as any other vaccine, why should I take it? And more importantly why does anyone care if I do or not?

I think Iā€™ve answered your question as to why elsewhere, and if you remember, Iā€™ve told you I donā€™t care if you get it or not.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
The bullshit article does reference a study which lists examples of "disinformation".

The first example (no need ta read any further), was the horrible fact that there was "no increase in the death rate in 2020".

So, the article itself is bullshit.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Fubarski
The bullshit article does reference a study which lists examples of "disinformation".

The first example (no need ta read any further), was the horrible fact that there was "no increase in the death rate in 2020".

It was also posted by the one guy on the thread actually making money off covid.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Iā€™m 50 years old. Iā€™m 5ā€™11 and I weighed in at 182 pounds this morning. I have no comorbidities and I take no drugs.

Assuming for the sake of argument that the Covid vaccine is as safe as any other vaccine, why should I take it? And more importantly why does anyone care if I do or not?

I think Iā€™ve answered your question as to why elsewhere, and if you remember, Iā€™ve told you I donā€™t care if you get it or not.

Your answer mirrored my docs advice to me except for saying he wouldnā€™t if it was him.

Much appreciate your input, Doc.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D

]
Originally Posted by Jim1611
I noticed the OP didn't take the time to answer all the questions leveled at him about his posting. Most were respectful too. Acting just the same as the libs.

You calling me lib, sonny?!?

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
https://www.naturalnews.com/2021-05-18-database-405250-covid-vaccine-injuries-10570-deaths.html

If link is censored try "copy and paste" in a search engine that is not as heavily censored. I find it works with some but not others

Last edited by szihn; 05/19/21.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

]
I noticed the OP didn't take the time to answer all the questions leveled at him about his posting. Most were respectful too. Acting just the same as the libs.

I did. sonny.

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D

If I were a website with "science" in my name, and my article was about disinformation, I'd give specific examples of the disinformation and provide cites for why it is wrong. That was conspicuously absent from the article.

Yeah, I think thatā€™s a valid point, but what passes for news articles on this stuff is all pretty short on substance. In any case, most of the articles I get the bulk of my info from are too long and too sciencey for reposting here. If you go to Antivax Watch (the second sponsor of the data min8ng project) and look up some of their articles youā€™ll get a bit more science.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by szihn
https://www.naturalnews.com/2021-05-18-database-405250-covid-vaccine-injuries-10570-deaths.html

If link is censored try "copy and paste" in a search engine that is not as heavily censored. I find it works with some but not others

Well, if it was written in the article, it must be true. It is fascinating how damn little it takes to shape someone's thoughts or beliefs.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
"Have you had enough of the fake pandemic yet?"

Disinformation! Burn the heretic at the stake!

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D

]

I did. sonny.

Then you ainā€™t got a clue. Go pizz up a rope with that other guy I to,d to go pizz up a rope. smile

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
"This post falsely claims the US Presidential election was ā€œstolenā€ and
promotes the rally the Bollingers spoke at on 6 January."

Disinformation! Off ta the re-education camp!

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Okay, kids, Iā€™ve tried to post replies to most of the direct questions, I gotta go do some real stuff now. Have fun!

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
"The mask agenda has nothing to do with health, and everything to do with control......"

Disinformation! Off ta Fakebook hell!

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by copperking81
Originally Posted by Fubarski

It was also posted by the one guy on the thread actually making money off covid.

Yeah, we all made a killing.

FWIW, I got furloughed at my primary ER in April and lost about 40% of my earnings for the year before I got back to work. Most front line doctors got hit hard by the shutdowns. The big corporations, the govt, and big pharma all did great, though.

Page 8 of 21 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (1234, 1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 67 invisible), 2,583 guests, and 1,146 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,472
Posts18,529,377
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.