Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 16 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 15 16
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by rainshot
I wouldn't trust Dan Patrick or Greg Abbott any further than I could throw them. This crap is what democrats and RINOs do well. Tie things up and run out the clock. That way nobody has to make a decision that might affect their re-election.

...then use it as campaign fodder forever

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A week later, still in committee, maybe a week to go....

https://www.nraila.org/articles/202...-in-conference-committee-take-action-now

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They need to get off their asses!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Hope it turns out.

I would ask them where exactly has constitutional carry resulted in the streets turning red.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Hope it turns out.

I would ask them where exactly has constitutional carry resulted in the streets turning red.

The gun grabbers use that on every pro 2nd Amendment legislation that comes up.

Yet, they never, ever, ...offer any examples of it.

In fact, the opposite is true. Crime rates go down.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Texas is one step closer today!

The joint committee reached an agreement with the Constitutional Carry Bill.

Now it leaves committee and goes to the House and Senate for final okay, then to Abbott's desk! smile

Permitless carry legislation a step closer to reality as Texas House, Senate negotiators reach agreement

AUSTIN (KXAN) — Negotiators in the Texas House and Senate announced on Thursday they had reached an agreement on legislation that removes the state’s licensing requirement to carry firearms for people 21 years or older.

House Bill 1927, known commonly as the permitless carry bill, was passed by both the House and Senate, but changes made in the upper chamber required a conference committee of lawmakers to work out the differences.

“The House and Senate conferees have reached an agreement on House Bill 1927, a critical benchmark before this bill reaches Gov. (Greg) Abbott’s desk,” state Rep. Matt Schaefer said in a statement. “By working together, the House and Senate will send Gov. Abbott the strongest Second Amendment legislation in Texas history, and protect the right of law-abiding Texans to carry a handgun as they exercise their God-given right to self-defense and the defense of their families.”

Members of the full House and Senate will have to approve the agreement before it’s ready to be signed into law by the governor.

Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick, who presides over the Senate, cheered the news Thursday afternoon, saying the agreement “includes the thinking of national gun rights advocates and many in Texas law enforcement and affirms our commitment to protect the rights of gun owners and the safety of those in law enforcement.”

https://www.kxan.com/news/texas-pol...ouse-senate-negotiators-reach-agreement/

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

Hope this passes, we need this real bad here on the Border, most of the people here are carrying anyway, but it would be nice if they were legal, the town cops are the people that give everyone a bunch of Chitt , and they are owned by the cartels. Rio7

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Wonder if Abbott's finger in the wind is gettin all nervous and confused.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Texas is one step closer today!

The joint committee reached an agreement with the Constitutional Carry Bill.

Now it leaves committee and goes to the House and Senate for final okay, then to Abbott's desk! smile

Permitless carry legislation a step closer to reality as Texas House, Senate negotiators reach agreement

AUSTIN (KXAN) — Negotiators in the Texas House and Senate announced on Thursday they had reached an agreement on legislation that removes the state’s licensing requirement to carry firearms for people 21 years or older.

House Bill 1927, known commonly as the permitless carry bill, was passed by both the House and Senate, but changes made in the upper chamber required a conference committee of lawmakers to work out the differences.

“The House and Senate conferees have reached an agreement on House Bill 1927, a critical benchmark before this bill reaches Gov. (Greg) Abbott’s desk,” state Rep. Matt Schaefer said in a statement. “By working together, the House and Senate will send Gov. Abbott the strongest Second Amendment legislation in Texas history, and protect the right of law-abiding Texans to carry a handgun as they exercise their God-given right to self-defense and the defense of their families.”

Members of the full House and Senate will have to approve the agreement before it’s ready to be signed into law by the governor.

Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick, who presides over the Senate, cheered the news Thursday afternoon, saying the agreement “includes the thinking of national gun rights advocates and many in Texas law enforcement and affirms our commitment to protect the rights of gun owners and the safety of those in law enforcement.”

https://www.kxan.com/news/texas-pol...ouse-senate-negotiators-reach-agreement/

YEEEAAAHOOOOOOO!!!!! 😎😎😎😎

...but I ain’t gonna celebrate until it’s signed and done.....

...how many Democrats gotta vote for it a second time?

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's not a done deal until Hot Wheels signs it into law. It could still not pass muster in either the House or Senate, even at this late date.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lt. Gove. Patrick gives his pronouncement on the proceedings:

https://www.ltgov.texas.gov/2021/05/21/lt-gov-dan-patrick-announcement-of-hb-1927-agreement/

May 21, 2021

“A historic victory for the Second Amendment”

AUSTIN – Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick issued this statement today announcing that a full agreement has been reached on House Bill 1927:

“I congratulate Rep. Matt Schaefer, R-Tyler, and Sen. Charles Schwertner, R-Georgetown, for reaching a full agreement on Constitutional Carry – HB 1927. This legislation restores our Second Amendment rights and upholds every Texan’s right to self-defense. HB 1927 is a historic bill and a national model. It includes the thinking of national gun rights advocates and many in Texas law enforcement and affirms our commitment to protect the rights of gun owners and the safety of those in law enforcement.

“As a longtime Second Amendment advocate and NRA member with a strong NRA voting record, I am especially proud of HB 1927. I have worked hard alongside Sen. Schwertner to deliver the votes needed on HB 1927. The bill will become eligible for a final vote early next week, and on that day we will celebrate this great Second Amendment victory.

“Those who said HB 1927 would never pass and who perpetuated stories of a ‘poison pill’ and other conspiracies willfully misled many Second Amendment supporters in Texas. They also underestimated how hard members of the House and Senate were working to pass this bill.

“Once again, I want to thank Rep. Schaefer for his leadership and vision on HB 1927 and Sen. Schwertner for his diligence and commitment to making this legislation a reality. I look forward to celebrating with them when this bill is finally passed next week. “

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
From TSRA (today):

“ Hello .........,

House Bill 1927 by Representative Matt Schaefer has been announced by Lt. Governor Dan Patrick, Speaker Dade Phalen, Representative Matt Schaefer and Senator Charles Schwartner as all but done. Even Governor Abbott has said in social media that he looks forward to signing the bill.

We aren't done yet-the votes in each Chamber are not cast on this bill but I am putting the champagne in the refrigerator to chill.

Voting, according to the Lt. Governor should be next week. I am waiting to see the language from the Conference Committee but what I am hearing is all things that law abiding gun owners can easily live with.”

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Not enough votes says Dan Patrick....

Texas GOP Chair Allen West says Patrick hisself is trying to kill it.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/pol...ss-texas-senate-lt-gov-dan-patrick-says/

If it's not already a lost cause, I'd say it's time to fast and pray.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RIO7

Hope this passes, we need this real bad here on the Border, most of the people here are carrying anyway, but it would be nice if they were legal, the town cops are the people that give everyone a bunch of Chitt , and they are owned by the cartels. Rio7

Wow. That sucks. Really sorry to hear that.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
has this "Compromised" version been published yet?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

You have to pass it to find out what's in it

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Not enough votes says Dan Patrick....

Texas GOP Chair Allen West says Patrick hisself is trying to kill it.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/pol...ss-texas-senate-lt-gov-dan-patrick-says/

If it's not already a lost cause, I'd say it's time to fast and pray.

That was a month ago. It did pass the senate. But they added amendments to it that caused it to go to a joint committee to be reconciled. Yesterday the committee agreed on the bill, and now it goes to approval of the house and senate.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
hope it passes, I'll be able to carry one of the 1911s on a otwb holster instead of my sps101.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm cautiously optimistic, Roger.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I'm cautiously optimistic, Roger.

Dan Patrick is not our friend. Dan has never been in favor of CC and this would have already have been a done deal but Patrick kept ignoring advice that the senate bill contained some procedural language in which elements in the House could use to keep the bill from passing. The biggest problem is the Senate version is so watered down, unlike the House version, due to the influence on Patrick by the Sheriffs Assn and the law enforcement lobby who don't respect our rights. I'm told some of the senate language leaves too much to the discretion of an arresting officer, like the old Vernon's code we were saddled with for so many years. Patrick's latest statement is political boloney. Besides, anybody who sits next to Sheila Jackson Lee in Joel Osteen's den of iniquity won't ever get my vote.

Page 11 of 16 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

516 members (12344mag, 219 Wasp, 222Sako, 1eyedmule, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 57 invisible), 2,495 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,571
Posts18,473,285
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.