Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Darryle
This place is local to me, I have been in their store, but haven't purchased anything from them. Kinda a yuppie REI for hunters and shooters

$143.76

BURRIS Fullfield E1 4.5-14x42mm Ballistic Plex Reticle Riflescope (200349)

I just bought one from them. I will let you know how it goes.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I currently have a Cabelas / Meopta 3-9x40 on a Vanguard 308 but these are a screaming deal. For those of you that have these, would I be giving up a ton of clarity to gain a few extra X’s? Would it be worth the swap to pick up a little ammo cash?

Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. - Ronald Reagan

For why should my freedom be judged by another man's conscience? - 1 Corinthians 10:29
D
Darryle Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
The clarity is very surprising for the dollar, I haven't looked thru any Cabela's or Meopta scopes, so I can not compare them

NRA Endowed Patron Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
tag

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I ordered one from GRITR Outdoors on 10/27 and had tracking info the next day. The scope arrived yesterday, 1 week from when I placed the order. Opened it up and it was surprisingly bright and clear, better than my fullfield II's that i have. The sticker on it says made in the Philippines. I'm not sure you can find a nicer scope for $150.

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Darryle
This place is local to me, I have been in their store, but haven't purchased anything from them. Kinda a yuppie REI for hunters and shooters

$143.76

BURRIS Fullfield E1 4.5-14x42mm Ballistic Plex Reticle Riflescope (200349)

Thanks for the link Darryl. I bought 2 of the long range moa reticle model from them the other day and the showed up in perfect shape a few days later. I prefer ffp but I can work with 20 moa of hashes on the windshield if needed and it looks like you can reset the duals to zero. I've got lots of rifles and many aren't expensive ones so it's good to have a few cheaper but functional scopes around. The parallax adjustment is a plus if I want to put one on a rimfire. I'll probably try one on the ruger American 22 mag I bought a few years back but still haven't shot yet.

Bb

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by philgood80
I currently have a Cabelas / Meopta 3-9x40 on a Vanguard 308 but these are a screaming deal. For those of you that have these, would I be giving up a ton of clarity to gain a few extra X’s? Would it be worth the swap to pick up a little ammo cash?

IMO, no. Like many in that power range, it gets harder to get behind near the top end, and dimmer. It also only has 40MOA of adjustment. I just mounted one on my Hornet to replace an older 3-9, but expect little if any benefit to the extra Xs in the field. On the range, it can be useful. With the adjustable focus, they work very well on a .22 used for shooting groups, but might limit you at long range without some help from the mounts.

After a lot of futzing around, I’ve come to the conclusion that for most whitetail hunting, a 1-6, 1-8, 2-7, 3-9, or 2-10 at most is about the best. There will always be special situations where something else might shine, but I’ve never missed an opportunity because a 3-9 wasn’t up to it.

At today’s prices, you’d be hard-pressed to buy much ammo for what you’d clear on trading down.

What fresh Hell is this?
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by JMUPT
I ordered one from GRITR Outdoors on 10/27 and had tracking info the next day. The scope arrived yesterday, 1 week from when I placed the order. Opened it up and it was surprisingly bright and clear, better than my fullfield II's that i have. The sticker on it says made in the Philippines. I'm not sure you can find a nicer scope for $150.

Mine just showed up today and my impressions of the scope are the same. Transaction with GRITR was quick and painless.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Received mine today. I already have two FF II’s, and like the E1 much better. I like the power ring on the E1 for flip-up caps, and the ballistic plex reticle is not as crowded. It is indeed a clear scope. Best impulse buy I’ve made for a scope. Thanks for the head’s up!

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Thanks for the link this will be my fifth one, replacing VariX III and Bushnell elites.

I did side by side comparison with the first and while the old VariX III seem to be a bit brighter, as I have aged I like the higher power these offer.

There is a war on America and America is losing
IC B3

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

104 members (260Remguy, 257_X_50, 450yukon, 300_savage, 6MMWASP, 13 invisible), 1,659 guests, and 971 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,756
Posts18,476,383
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.