Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
My favorite redundancy is a Strike Force. I'm never in the field without it. It will light any stove that I've tried. There are many other good ones, too.

[Linked Image from i.stpost.com]

When I saw your post I went ahead and ordered one of these. It just arrived. Anxious to see how it works.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Jetboil is anti 2A and anti hunting, for that reason alone I would go with the MSR

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Huntingnut
Jetboil is anti 2A and anti hunting, for that reason alone I would go with the MSR

I've heard this rumor for a while now and would like to see proof. Johnson Outdoors owns Jetboil, and I've never seen anything in print they are "anti hunting."

Apparently a guy on Rockslide wondered too, so rather than spread rumors he actually wrote Johnson Outdoors - they stated they are not anti-hunting:

https://www.rokslide.com/forums/threads/talk-me-into-ditching-jetboil-for-msr.203604/page-3

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Use the Solo Stove - Titan and 1800 Pot it fits into.

[Linked Image from cdn11.bigcommerce.com]

GR

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I won't bore people with a long stove conversation. I know many have experiences with many types of stoves. Everything from Coleman 442 gas stoves, to MSR Whisperlites and Windburners.(I have a reactor as well.) I have the Primus, the Soto and a snowpeak gigapower. I went through the whole jetboil lineup from PCS to Tis to Minimo and now have the stash.

I have settled on the JB Minimo for its ability to simmer. It kind of saved my life (at least provided a food resource that didn't suck) during one bear infested sheep hunt. I will leave it at that.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I've used the chinese stoves that screw onto the canister with great success . Titanium cup and some heavy duty foil and I'm set.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Yup...some of them work REALLY well.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I'm a fan of liquid fuel stoves that work at any temp and altitude. That said, mine is a 50 year old Svea 123. I'm told that the new liquid fuel stoves are much easier to light.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I own a JB and MSR stove, I like them both. Also have an emberlit wood stove, folds down to nothing. If your not in a rush to eat or drink hot foods and want a small cooking fire check them out.

As far as JB being anti hunting I listen to the EXO packs podcast, "Backcountry Hunting". Steve Speck has said more than once JB is anti hunting, said he spoke with them about it.

So maybe they changed their ways, I know I'd have a hard time buying from them again until they put something in writing.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by ppfd
I own a JB and MSR stove, I like them both. Also have an emberlit wood stove, folds down to nothing. If your not in a rush to eat or drink hot foods and want a small cooking fire check them out.

As far as JB being anti hunting I listen to the EXO packs podcast, "Backcountry Hunting". Steve Speck has said more than once JB is anti hunting, said he spoke with them about it.

So maybe they changed their ways, I know I'd have a hard time buying from them again until they put something in writing.

No dog in this fight but there's a similar thread on RS. One guy said he reached out to JB's parent company about their stand on hunting. the reply is in the thread.

JetBoil

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I'm a fan of liquid fuel stoves that work at any temp and altitude. That said, mine is a 50 year old Svea 123. I'm told that the new liquid fuel stoves are much easier to light.

I've never found the Svea to be hard to light.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (1Longbow, 160user, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 22magnut, 58 invisible), 2,471 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,185
Posts18,484,820
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.