Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
M
Father’s Day is only 30 mailing days away, so let’s have a Father Days sale!
How about 10% off all books by John and Eileen?

Enter the word Sale in the coupon box, spelled exactly like that,
when ordering from www.riflesandrecipes.com

Click the link above to see details, including tables of contents and recipe lists.

If you have questions, or problems ordering from the site, e-mail Eileen at riflesandrecipesgmail.com
or phone 406-521-0273

All prices include USPS media mail shipping, which usually takes 5-7 business days.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
GB1

M
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
M
She wants to thank those who ordered today--she recognized a couple of familiar Campfire names, and their books are on the way.....

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I just received the two volume set of the last ten years of RLN. Just leafed through volume one and found a recipe for breakfast burritos that sounds very good. A few more pages and the accurate rifle article caught my attention with info on the 22 Hornet. Very timely as a Ruger #1 has taken up residence. This whole article is filled with practical tidbits of load info and as I have 16 of the calibers listed will be very informative. The color photos add a nice touch as well.
Every rifle looney should have these two volumes.

R
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
R
Any chance the Gun Gack books will ever be sold as a set?

M
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
M
We often sell the 3 that available right now as a set. During this sale you'll get 10% of, plus a year's subscription to Rifle Loony News.

Also Eileen wants to remind everybody who orders during this sale to type Sale, just like that, in the coupon code space when ordering. That automatically deducts the 10% from the order total--and all the prices, as always, include media mail shipping in the U.S.

John Steinbeck
IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I didn't know you got RLN also what a deal for those who don't already subscribe.

M
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
M
Thanks for the vote of confidence!

Also might mention that we're now starting a list of pre-orders for Gun Gack 4--which will NOT be another "big book." Instead it's going to be a much smaller (and less expensive) book, subtitled "Rifle Handloads That Work." Over the decades I've found that some handloads tend to work well in various rifles chambered for the same round, and those will be listed in the book, along with a short introduction to each cartridge and its loads. So this one will be "The Little Book of Gun Gack."

John Steinbeck
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Thanks for the vote of confidence!

Also might mention that we're now starting a list of pre-orders for Gun Gack 4--which will NOT be another "big book." Instead it's going to be a much smaller (and less expensive) book, subtitled "Rifle Handloads That Work." Over the decades I've found that some handloads tend to work well in various rifles chambered for the same round, and those will be listed in the book, along with a short introduction to each cartridge and its loads. So this one will be "The Little Book of Gun Gack."

Just in time, John. I'm ready for a new one 'cause I already have all your books! wink
So put me down on the pre-order for G4, "The Little Book of Gun Gack"

Thanks,
Rex

M
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
M
Gotcha down, Rex.

But should perhaps also emphasize that GG4 won't be out for at least another year. Eileen and I alternate writing and publishing our books, and 2021 is her year. Right now she's working hard at finishing up her latest game cookbook, on soups, stews and chilies, which will appear in early fall. (I can personally testify, due to "table testing" all the recipes worked up so far, that it will be among her best cookbooks....)

John Steinbeck
B
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
B
Put me down also for #4. I have read the other 3 several times already...gotta have #4. I'm 1/2 way thru the 2nd 5 years of RLN having recently bought the 2 vol set....great reading catching up. Eileen should have me down as michael_g85yahoo.com. I'll go online soon and make it official. Gonna need a dedicated book shelf for you guys soon!!

Mickey

Last edited by Bobcat85; 05/26/21.
IC B3

M
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
M
I'll put both your e-mail and Campfire name down.

Glad you're liking the RIFLE LOONY NEWS books. When somebody first suggested putting all the RLN issues in a printed book we thought that was kind of odd, since anybody who subscribes gets access to all the previous issues on riflesandrecipes.com. But we asked other subscribers if they'd like a paper copy, and most said yes, primarily because they often hunted somewhere without Internet access. So we printed a test-run, and have been printing them ever since.

John Steinbeck
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I would highly recommend Eileen's cook books to anyone who doesn't have them. She's not only a great cook but a great teacher and explains things in a way that even me with limited cooking skills can get the recipe to turn out, not many cookbooks can do that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I just ordered two caps.
They look real nice.

Wishing the nice people at riflesandrecipes all the best.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
John,
Please add me to the pre-order list for GG 4.

Thanks
Bruce

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas
M
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
M
Originally Posted by Kellywk
I would highly recommend Eileen's cook books to anyone who doesn't have them. She's not only a great cook but a great teacher and explains things in a way that even me with limited cooking skills can get the recipe to turn out, not many cookbooks can do that.

Eileen thanks you very much!

John Steinbeck
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Just ordered a couple more of your books! Thanks!
Tom

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Tell me how this RLN works, on paper I hope? But I'm new here, although I have read a lot here in past. But I'd probably be interested?
For sure I think I'd be interested in the GG4? I

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Well I read a little more and checked the link. I gotta get RLN, and the book or 3!
I gotta say one thing for sure. I got your book a few years ago, "The Big Book of Big Game Hunting". What I learned about processing and especially aging meat was worth way more than the price to me. It gave me the confidence to leave a good 7pt buck hanging in the hide, many more days in what I had been taught, in higher questionable temps, then aged 3 more days in cooler.That was by far the best deer meat id ever had!

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Gun Gack volume 1-3 and RLN the first 10 years are a must and at the sale price you about get one free. It's a no brainer.

M
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
M
Want to note that apparently the Sale coupon isn't always working for everybody. If you have any difficulties, either e-mail Eileen at riflesandrecipesgmail.com, or phone 406-521-0273.

Edited to add that apparently Eileen just fixed it!

Last edited by Mule Deer; 05/31/21. Reason: change in situation

John Steinbeck
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (1Longbow, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1OntarioJim, 61 invisible), 2,607 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,815
Posts18,477,658
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.