Print Thread
Hop To
R
Roadog Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
I have recently acquired a Sako P72 LR an needing some help finding some replacement screws that hold on the factory Sako dovetail. The 5 screws I have 3 of them are stripped out an can’t put a scope on it with a loss base. I know other models used the same screws. Any help would be greatly appreciated in finding some. Also how about the torque specs on them screws ? I’m thinking maybe 10 inch pounds ?
Thanks again

GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Our local Ace Hardware has rows of drawers with odd screws, etc in them - there are some drawers marked gunsmith screws and they have an amazing selection. They also have a large selection of odds and ends metric screws. It may be just a local thing with Ace but I have seen similar drawers at Lowes and Home Depot. It may take a bit of looking but I suspect that you may be able to find what you need at one of those places.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

R
Roadog Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Thanks drover , looks like I’m not having much luck on finding factory screws, so I be hitting up the stores this week an see what I can find.
Thanks

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Roadog
I have recently acquired a Sako P72 LR an needing some help finding some replacement screws that hold on the factory Sako dovetail. The 5 screws I have 3 of them are stripped out an can’t put a scope on it with a loss base. I know other models used the same screws. Any help would be greatly appreciated in finding some. Also how about the torque specs on them screws ? I’m thinking maybe 10 inch pounds ?
Thanks again

Google Accuflite in Pitsburgh, PA. deals in SAKO'S!
Talk to Jim, he might be able to help you!

I Learned a long time ago to Separate My Want's from My Needs!

A man's Gotta Do What a Man's Gotta Do!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
R
Roadog Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
HunterShooter58 thank you for the info. I called an talked to them but he said that his Sako rimfire goodies sold out in the late nineties. I just missed them, lol
I’m pretty sure I’m hunting dinosaurs bones here.
Thanks a bunch for the info

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Why not measure one of the ones you have (diameter, length and pitch) - then look at the bases and see what style of screw head you need?

If you give me the info I mentioned, send me a private message and I may have some for you.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Roadog
Thanks again

You might be able to find a slightly oversized one (and tap) to fix the stripped holes in this set - https://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-...versize-6-48-screw-shop-kit-prod795.aspx

I had the same issue recently with a M70 and I believe that's how my gunsmith solved the problem. No idea on the torque specs but a little locktite isn't out of order!

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
R
Roadog Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Pugs , I was hoping to find the correct screws but that’s easier said then done. I will check into brownells an my have to do like you did retap to standard thread , that will be my last resort but my have to done. Thanks for the idea an info.

R
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
R
Check with Jack First gunshop in Rapid City, South Dakota. They have many obsolete items.
Good Luck,
Rick

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 1_deuce, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 68 invisible), 2,317 guests, and 1,174 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,673
Posts18,513,224
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.