Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#16126 04/17/01
Mike99 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
We exchanged emails a few months ago. I'm the one who inquired about using your guide service while vacationing in Phoenix this week. Man is it hot down here!!! I saw a jack rabbit and coyote lying beside each other around noon today. The yote was fanning the rabbit with it's tail in exchange for a meal ticket to be cashed in later. Glad I decided to put off a hunt until early next year. Mike

GB1

#16127 04/17/01
C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
mike99 critr gitr usually hangs out at predator masters. if you go there go down to the photo forum and then to the wikie up post. that is where you will find him. <BR>or you can just e-mail him at guidesaguarosafaris.com<BR>his web site is <A HREF="http://saguarosafaris.com" TARGET=_blank>http://saguarosafaris.com</A><BR> hell of a nice guy!!<P>regards,<BR>dennis scott

#16128 04/18/01
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hi Mike. I'm around. Yes, we are sweltering right now in near triple digits. Not used to it yet, but no complaints as I look at what many areas of the country are going through. Definitely too hot to hunt here.<P>People from many parts of the country hunt when it is almost this hot, and don't see what the big deal is about it. They have not experienced the intensity of the sun here, with almost no shade......<P>------------------<BR><I><B>Critr</B></I><BR> <A HREF="http://www.SaguaroSafaris.com" TARGET=_blank>www.SaguaroSafaris.com</A><BR> "Let's break out some Winchesters, boys." (Chisum)

Critr
#16129 04/19/01
Mike99 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Critr Gitr - We just got back from Sedona. Beautiful country but didn't see anything moving across the countryside except a few head of cattle. Sure was green going up that way. The greenest I've ever seen the desert out here. You must have had a lot of rain this winter. One of the guys we talked to in Sedona was complaining that the deer and javelina were eating the shrubs around his house. Too back this wasn't the season for hunting them. I would have gladly helped thin out his problem. We took a hike east of the Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort where we are staying. Saw lots of rabbits - heard one coyote. Went horseback riding on the same trails the next day and only saw one long-eared jack rabbit. The ears seemed longer than the onces I used to shoot as a kid while living in Montana. Would a call work that close to the city? Wish I would have had one to try. Tomorrow we fly home so will never know.......this trip. I'll contact you after the first of the year if we're going to head your way then. Best wishes. Mike<BR>

#16130 04/20/01
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hi Mike. We had a wet winter, lots of grass. Not the norm. Noticably more rabbits than usual. Will a call work close to town?? Probably the VERY BEST place to hunt coyotes ............... is as close to town as you can get. Those critters love everything about humans from dogfood to garbage to poodles and kitties......<P>------------------<BR><I><B>Critr</B></I><BR> <A HREF="http://www.SaguaroSafaris.com" TARGET=_blank>www.SaguaroSafaris.com</A><BR> "Let's break out some Winchesters, boys." (Chisum)

Critr
IC B2

#16131 04/22/01
Mike99 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Can an out-of-state hunter (in case they're differentiated from a resident) legally use a handgun like my scoped Ruger SRH .44 mag, S&W .357, Kimber .45, Sig 9 mm, or a bow/arrow on coyotes? Does it put the odds too much in the coyotes favor? Assuming it's legal, is it realistic to use these or is this just a fantasy on my part? Mike

#16132 04/23/01
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Yes, it is legal. And yes, it DOES tip the odds heavily in the coyote's favor. However, we do it occasionally. Our calling club (over 200 members strong) has an 2-day annual hunt where we limit ourselves to handguns and archery. It is usually won with one coyote...........<BR>Arizona allows handguns on almost all hunts.<P>------------------<BR><I><B>Critr</B></I><BR> <A HREF="http://www.SaguaroSafaris.com" TARGET=_blank>www.SaguaroSafaris.com</A><BR> "Let's break out some Winchesters, boys." (Chisum)

Critr

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

670 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 63 invisible), 2,447 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,630
Posts18,512,055
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.