Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
JeffA Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by irfubar
Bombing through spring snowbanks in a class c motorhome gives a platinum version of a man card...... woohooo ..... smile

Only thing I tore off it this trip (so far) is a hub cap, but that was due to I-40 being rough as a cob.
Just replaced the one on the other side that flew off on I-75 in Atlanta last Fall.

When I get into Kalispell I'll park it by the shop and give it a good look over.

Biggest problem on those roads is bottoming the hitch receiver out. My backup camera is looking right at the bike so it's a good indicator if anything gets bent back there but I've plowed a lot of dirt road with it.

The glass siding is just one big scratch, lots of miles of skinny roads with the mirrors folded in. I see branches and limbs fall off the roof occasionally. Awning supports are tough, they snap off big branches no problem, always a few leaf's and twigs hanging from them.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JeffA
Originally Posted by irfubar
Bombing through spring snowbanks in a class c motorhome gives a platinum version of a man card...... woohooo ..... smile

Only thing I tore off it this trip (so far) is a hub cap, but that was due to I-40 being rough as a cob.
Just replaced the one on the other side that flew off on I-75 in Atlanta last Fall.

When I get into Kalispell I'll park it by the shop and give it a good look over.

Biggest problem on those roads is bottoming the hitch receiver out. My backup camera is looking right at the bike so it's a good indicator if anything gets bent back there but I've plowed a lot of dirt road with it.

The glass siding is just one big scratch, lots of miles to skinny roads with the mirrors folded in. I see branches and limbs fall off the roof occasionally. Awning supports are tough, they snap off big branches no problem, always a few leaf's and twigs hanging from them.

I am impressed.... I like to do the same type of thing, but I have Ram 3500 4x4 with a cabover camper, with a big winch on the front.... smile
I must admit last year I was trying to get to the Yaak the back way and chickened out at the snowdrifts....
Thanks for posting your trip, I am headed that way in Sept.

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
JeffA Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
The sheer weight of this beast offers a lot of traction in snow as well as loose rock.
Just can't be afraid to drive it.
I don't have a lot invested in it, picked it up with 19k miles on it and it runs like a scalded dog.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have hammered through many winter snowdrifts with a 2wd, speed and momentum are your friend, just expect zero visibility for a few..... but spring snow drifts are a different animal. The good part if they are short in length you can always shovel your through them.
Anyhow to do that in a class c in a remote location shows hutzpah.... well done... wink

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
JeffA Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Decided to push a little further north and found some more free camping in some more high elevation country last night.

[Linked Image]

Had to hit the pavement but managed to stay on National Forest land most the way.
That's been the goal, traveling NF land as often as we can while heading north.

Right after we jumped on I-15 we saw a half ton Chevy pulling a medium sized 5th wheel burned down, it was surrounded by fire trucks right in the middle of the road. The camper was OK but there wasn't much left of the truck.
Flames must of just burst through the firewall, he shut it down dead center of the right hand lane.

We found a paved road that might interest some of you.
Good free camping both sides the road and in gorgeous country.

[Linked Image]

If you want to put your truck to the test while pulling a RV this would be the place.

[Linked Image]

It's a great drive with good camping along the streams or mountain tops, whichever suits you best.

[Linked Image]

Who the hell would come way up here to steal a cow?

[Linked Image]

IC B2

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

98 members (21, 35, 7887mm08, afisher, 257_X_50, 9 invisible), 919 guests, and 831 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,978
Posts18,519,917
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.