Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by WAM
Originally Posted by CBB
Simple....shoot and shut up

Goes double for fawn-killin’ coyotes, too.

Like an old buddy of mine that lives off I-70 in Illinois, he doesn't give a flying shlt what the state says about anything, he does what he wants, when he wants and for as long as he deems necessary, one of the most intelligent men i've ever known, the other one is out in Carroll County Ohio. smile

Trump Won!
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by eblake
Way better deer hunting here now than 50 years ago. Not so in northern NH and Maine, where the best hunting was more than 30 years ago.

Where is "here"?

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
"Here" is southern NH.

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Same for southern and central Maine. I know a hunter in downeast Maine who is a tracker and kills smashers annually.

The way life should be.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"Here" is southern NH.

Ok thanks. I was hopeful that here might have been Vermont. I've long hoped the deer herd would come back around there.

IC B2

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Deer hunting here is the best it has ever been.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
Deer hunting here is the best it has ever been.

That would mean something if we knew where here is

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
These are pix of WT seen or killed by myself, my son, & close neighbor --- ALL in 2020

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Page 2

The Good Times Are Rolling Here !

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

We are doing ok. Rio7

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
They grow em BIG in Texas ! wink

Congrats

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Yeah coyotes rolled into my neck of the woods 20 years or so back and now black bears are thicker than fleas on a dogs back so fawn mortality rate is very high, the deer numbers have suffered mightily to probly half or less of the deer we had back in the day and not to mention hardly no young hunters anymore, they have other interest's these days...Hunting is a dying sport in My area.... Hb

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by moosemike
"Here" is southern NH.

Ok thanks. I was hopeful that here might have been Vermont. I've long hoped the deer herd would come back around there.

Lots of deer in the Champlain Islands of VT. We recently had a zoom meeting with a State Biologist, local Land Trust rep and several larger landowners here that are encouraging a larger bag limit and farmers to unpost land and allow more hunting with permission.

I
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
In northern Wisconsin the deer hunting was worth putting in some time. I would even see a few bucks here and there. The wolves came in around 1996 , when I started hearing them howl. They are all over now, but numbers go up and down like anything else. The wolves are bad but a bad winter is even worse. I have not seen a buck during gun season since 2009 and my son has not seen one since 2012. We see a deer about every other gun season . This fall I saw 2 and my son didnt see any for 2 yrs now. However, the dee hunting has gotten better in SE Wis. The problem is, the road kill is really bad and the hunting pressure is very high cause noone goes up north anymore. In central Wis. ( Shawano co.) there are a lot of deer, but 75 yrs ago when my dad grew up there, there were very few deer. It did change, some places for the better and some for the worse.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by PintsofCraft
Originally Posted by moosemike
"Here" is southern NH.

Lots of deer in the Champlain Islands of VT. We recently had a zoom meeting with a State Biologist, local Land Trust rep and several larger landowners here that are encouraging a larger bag limit and farmers to unpost land and allow more hunting with permission.

The Champlain area always was in pretty good shape but I used to hunt the Northeast Kingdom where you could go days between deer sightings.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Deer hunting is good here. We put a lot of effort into deer management on our property.

Life is good live it while you can.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
How many of you "deer hunters" own hunting land? How many of you trap and or shoot predator's? How many of you plant food plots or free up apple or pear trees ? How many of you spend after season time hinging cutting maple and other unwanted trees to over the winter to feed the herds and keep them away from roads ?

The whiners have us out numbered, take the phones from your kids , give them each a bow saw for Christmas and get out there and improve your own hunting !

Last edited by jimy; 05/30/21.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

jimy, You said it all right there!! But--But-- But, We have Wolf's and Coyotes, Get your ass out there and Trap or hunt the predators. Rio7

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
We don't teach conservation to our kids, they are more interested in saving whales and polar bears than taking care of their own back yard !

Of course , bitiching about life in general, is a high priority to them also !

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

jimy, We spend a lot of time teaching our ranch hands kids boy's and girl's about deer, and habitat management, 2 of our boy's are taking wild life management at Texas A&M, we spend a lot of time on wildlife management. food, water, cover, predator control, it's a way of life for us. Rio7

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 16penny, 1936M71, 55 invisible), 2,585 guests, and 1,344 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,712
Posts18,475,474
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.