Print Thread
Hop To
T
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
T
Victory

“56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law 57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.” (1Corinthians 15:56-58)
Which one of us could make the statement that we are not interested in the victorious Christian life?” The further I get past that day in April of 1982 when I trusted Jesus Christ as my Saviour, the more interested I have become in living the life of victory. The book of Joshua is a great portion of scripture that shows the path the nation of Israel took after entering the promised land. There have been some good books written based on that portion, one being by Alan Redpath.

The word victory occurs 12 times in the Bible. The first mention is in 2Sam 19:2 where King David’s troops got the victory over rebellious Absolom, and the victory was turned to mourning.
What should have followed the victory was shouts of jubilation and songs of praise to the Lord who gave the victory. Read 2Samuel 23:10-12. In that portion it says that the Lord wrought a great victory. God used aa man named Eleazar who took the sword of the Lord in his hand and did battle till his hand cleaved to the haft of the sword. If the Lord is going to get a victory in your life, he will get it when you cleave to the word of God, the Bible, and make it your rule for life. Keep its precepts. Follow its statutes. Lay fast hold on its admonitions. Love the Lord who gave it to you. Hide the words in your heart.

The next man God used was Shammah. What great thing did he do? He defended a field of lentils against a troop of the Philistines. He made a big deal out of a small thing. It was only a field of lentils, but it was God’s field. He stood in the midst of the field and fought the heathen troops and God wrought a great victory. What thing, however small or great it may be, are you willing to take a stand on for the glory of God, so that HE gets the glory and the credit for the victory? The people of God got to eat of the fruit of his labours.
Are you a Bible preacher or teacher or a Sunday School teacher? Defend that King James Bible with all you have for the future generations. The cost will be reckoned as nothing more than love.

1Chronicles 29:11 says, “Thine, O Lord is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:” similarly to the prayer in Luke 11:2-4 and Matthew 6:9-13. The glory is the Lord’s; the victory is the Lord’s.

Psalm 98:1 says that his right hand (Jesus Christ) has gotten him the victory. Isaiah 25:8 says, “He will swallow up death in victory,” which is a quote from 1Corinthians 15. Read 1Corinthians 15:54-57. Look especially at the phrases including the word victory. Death is swallowed up in victory. O grave where is thy victory? But thanks be to God which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. The Lord has a desire for you to pass your days in victory.

One final passage for us.” For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?” (1John 5:4-5)
Do you long for the victory side of life? Seek out a relationship with the godhead based on the Holy Bible. Let your hands and your heart cleave to it, and stand your ground as you . . . . . . . . . . keep pressing on for him.
O, victory in Jesus, my Saviour forever.
He sought me and bought me, with his redeeming blood.
He loved me e’er I knew him, and all my love is due him.
He plunged me to VICTORY beneath the cleansing flood.

Brother Keith

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I love that song. One of my favorites. Thanks for the scriptures to both you and Boots.

Jim

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (2500HD, 10Glocks, 160user, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 1minute, 69 invisible), 2,119 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,780
Posts18,495,926
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.