-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
What are the laws for shipping ammo to South Dakota from Texas. Does anyone have a link to this info from the ATF?

Thanks

Tracy

It is not about what you kill, it is about the hunt....
GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Box it up, bring to UPS, tell them to put a ORMD label on it done.

MOLON LABE
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by boatammo
Box it up, bring to UPS, tell them to put a ORMD label on it done.

Thanks, I have done that before just not out of state

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
ORMD is not correct. Read the shipping rules. A diamond is used now!

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
They don't do the ormd as of lately.they have a printed label they put on it.i just sent ammo this past week.thats at my ups .

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Yes, what ron w said

Dedicated Master of the Western Influenced Martial Art known simply as "KLIK PAO" !!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Limited quantity label. Tell them it's ammunition. No biggie.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Has to be a UPS or FedEx hub, local places around me won’t ship it.

MWN Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
10-4 on the Hub facility. The storefront UPS locations have it in their contract that they are not to ship anything firearm related, including scopes!

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand at the ready to do violence on their behalf.
IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
what one poster already said YOU MUST TAKE TO A UPS HUB tell them it is ammo, pay them for shipping done. Just hope it is not far away mine is 30 minutes.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Print out the white diamond label. Orm-d is no longer used. Gotta take to ups hub or fed ex ground will do home pick up. None of the retail sites are alliwed to accept because its considered hazmat

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Putting adult signature on it also isn't a terrible idea, I thought this was a requirement but it's only required for firearms with UPS. Does two things, should give the recipient an opportunity to at least rough verify the weight of the package before accepting it incase it's been pilfered, and should provide you with some level of protection in case your buyer happens to be underage or an underage party intercepts the package.

F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
Originally Posted by Rt50blaster
Print out the white diamond label. Orm-d is no longer used. Gotta take to ups hub or fed ex ground will do home pick up. None of the retail sites are alliwed to accept because its considered hazmat

by their own definition is IS NOT HAZMAT

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
My local UPS Store takes it now that the labeling requirements have changed. I print my shipping labels at home and I print the diamonds and tape them to the box myself. I even write in small arms ammunition when prompted to identify the contents while ordering the label. Done several times this year without a single problem.

Thanks, Dinny

Medics bury their mistakes..
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Dinny
My local UPS Store takes it now that the labeling requirements have changed. I print my shipping labels at home and I print the diamonds and tape them to the box myself. I even write in small arms ammunition when prompted to identify the contents while ordering the label. Done several times this year without a single problem.

Thanks, Dinny

Your local UPS store is cooler than mine. Mine corrected me when I told them it was ammo. The nice lady winked at me and said it was parts b/c ammo can only be accepted at the HUB. She also told me if I still wanted to ship the “parts” that was fine but not to waste my money on insurance b/c I’d have to provide evidence of what “parts” were in the box if they were lost or damaged.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for the info, my UPS hub is right around the corner. I had shipped ammo through there before but it was in state, I was not sure about out of state.

Tracy

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Learned a long time ago that it cost too much to legally ship ammo for the average customer, specially with the larger calibers. Would be great if the USPS could except it.

Phil

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Learned a long time ago that it cost too much to legally ship ammo for the average customer, specially with the larger calibers. Would be great if the USPS could except it.

Phil

UPS charges regular rates so its not as bad as you think

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I have a dealer Fedex account and print my labels in house and they bill me directly. As said above they wont accept ammo at the Fedex office locations. So I take it to the hub about 5 miles away, Fedex office that is a few blocks away from my shop has always shipped firearms for me no questions asked. Pre printed labels makes it very easy, they just ask if I want a receipt? Yes of course I would like a receipt.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 12344mag, 160user, 67 invisible), 2,598 guests, and 1,280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,826
Posts18,516,817
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.