Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Probably just as important or even more important is a good belt. That said, which OWB holster(s) are the closest to the body fit?

Inside the waist band rigs are probably most concealable in summer but bother me to the extent that I might not carry...looking for suggestions on the most concealable pancake, etc.

"an armed society is a polite society"
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
For me it’s a Tucker Gunleather HF1. I have one for every pistol that I carry.

https://tuckergunleather.com/outside-the-waistband-owb-holsters/

Retired and Loving It!!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
A
AEL Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
There are a lot of OWB holsters that will fit the bill, depending on which gun you are thinking about. The Dale Fricke Gideon Elite is very slim and keeps the grip pulled in tight to the body - its a very nice kydex option.

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by 257Deland
For me it’s a Tucker Gunleather HF1. I have one for every pistol that I carry.

3 Month wait

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by AEL
There are a lot of OWB holsters that will fit the bill, depending on which gun you are thinking about. The Dale Fricke Gideon Elite is very slim and keeps the grip pulled in tight to the body - its a very nice kydex option.

Beretta 84BB

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I gambled 40 bucks on an Azula a couple of years ago, for a PPQ, and it's worked so well I've kept using it with several other pistols. It rides just high enough and real tight.

https://www.thesixgunjournal.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/20200110_121410.jpg

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
A
AEL Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I've never carried a Beretta 84, so don't have any direct experience with holsters for it. I notice that Alien Gear and Crossbreed both make OWB kydex for the Beretta and either might be worth a try, and a number of leather makers do, including Galco. I rarely use leather anymore, but a Galco Combat Master holds a Glock pretty tight to the body.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
When I can't pocket-carry my Glock 43, it goes in a Wilderness Zip Slide (on a Wilderness Instructor Belt of course). Nothing gets closer to your body.

https://www.thewilderness.com/zip-slide-holster/

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Braid’s Holsters makes a nice leather owb. Have one for a p365xl for when riding tractor / utv. It tucks in close.

I wanna say about $40-50.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TreeMutt
[quote=257Deland]For me it’s a Tucker Gunleather HF1. I have one for every pistol that I carry.

3 Month wait[/quote]

😀 Yep, not a maker out there that isn’t a 12-15 week wait, been that way for a couple years.
That said for a 3.8” 380 I would look at Kirkpatrick compact undercover. I have one for a G26 and it rides high and tight so easily concealed under a t-shirt. 12 weeks out.
Second up would be Privateer Gunleather if he has the mold, makes holsters in low, medium and high ride. The one I bought holds a 1911 4” high and tight enough to conceal under a t-shirt. 12-15 weeks out.

Buy a damn good belt, I always recommend Hanks x-treme carry, best belt for the money I ever bought. Most places give a 1-2 year warranty, but Hanks is 100 year no BS warranty.

Swifty
IC B3

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
A Kramer pulls tight to your side, & I appreciate the boned belt loops. Desantis does this as well for less cash.

Rob Leahy at Simply Rugged builds one that lays as flat as most if he does the gat in question.

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by gunzo
A Kramer pulls tight to your side, & I appreciate the boned belt loops. Desantis does this as well for less cash.

Rob Leahy at Simply Rugged builds one that lays as flat as most if he does the gat in question.

got 3 Sourdoughs from Simply Rugged...all for Ruger Double action revolvers. A 4 and 6 inch Security Six and a 2 3/4" Speed Six...nice holster but IMO, too much leather and all three were actually marked S&W "K". certainly close enough in dimension to the ruger Six series but actually not molded for the Rugers

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
A pancake holster, by design, holds a handgun tight against one’s body.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
The Leahy/SimplyRugged Sourdough, as noted above, carries very well. Good & flat, well made and moderately priced for the quality. The key for me has been a high quality belt like A&G Gunleather. I’ve picked up 2 used like new and they are excellent.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I can't figure out why the Simply Rugged Sourdough Pancake gets so much love. Decent quality construction, but not much good in design, IMO. Tried it, and not impressed. Lots of better OWB holsters out there from Sparks, Kramer, DeSantis, even Bianchi, and others.

And as for the kydex junk........
If you want a plastic holster and you own a drill, a scroll (or coping) saw, a hammer, and a heat gun - you can buy kydex sheet and make your own for less money, that makes all the commercial kydex holsters look like, well....junk.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Probably just as important or even more important is a good belt. That said, which OWB holster(s) are the closest to the body fit?

Inside the waist band rigs are probably most concealable in summer but bother me to the extent that I might not carry...looking for suggestions on the most concealable pancake, etc.

The DeSantis Mini Slide is a minimalist pancake holster with some cant, and it won't break the bank. Got one in the mail yesterday and it's comfortable so far. I bought the same model pictured below. $65.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JPro

The DeSantis Mini Slide is a minimalist pancake holster with some cant, and it won't break the bank. Got one in the mail yesterday and it's comfortable so far. I bought the same model pictured below. $65.

I like the DeSantis Mini Slide and have a few, but IME their Speed Scabbard holds A little closer to the body - as does the Galco Combat Master.

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by FreeMe

I like the DeSantis Mini Slide and have a few, but IME their Speed Scabbard holds A little closer to the body - as does the Galco Combat Master.

I too am a minimalist freak and really like the mini-slide but it's not made for the Beretta 84 (i'll hafta check again though, now that you mentioned it) and I agree that the Sourdough is way over-rated...and I have three...too "busy" can mean a lot of things to a minimalist like the writing on a pistol slide "read manual before using gun", etc. like on the new Berettas. The Desantis thumb break scabbard is well made but unlike the Mini Side, it has a retention screw AND a thumb break! I don't see a need for both...also has three slots for either FBI can't or X Draw and since I don't carry X-Draw the third slot is superfluous but to each his own

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You can get DeSantis holsters pretty cheap on Amazon. Cheaper than buying direct from DeSantis.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by FreeMe

I too am a minimalist freak and really like the mini-slide but it's not made for the Beretta 84 (i'll hafta check again though, now that you mentioned it) and I agree that the Sourdough is way over-rated...and I have three...too "busy" can mean a lot of things to a minimalist like the writing on a pistol slide "read manual before using gun", etc. like on the new Berettas. The Desantis thumb break scabbard is well made but unlike the Mini Side, it has a retention screw AND a thumb break! I don't see a need for both...also has three slots for either FBI can't or X Draw and since I don't carry X-Draw the third slot is superfluous but to each his own

Note that I referred to the Speed Scabbard, which does not have the thumb break. But yeah, I just ignore the extra belt loop. I actually like the Galco Combat Master more, but it's usually more money and less common. (I've bought a lot of holsters used)

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

96 members (1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 2ndwind, 6MMWASP, 16 invisible), 1,556 guests, and 933 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,242
Posts18,485,919
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.