“But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.” (1Thessalonians 4:13-18)

As a born again Christian, I have hope!
--My hope is in the Lord Jesus Christ. (1Tim 1:1-2)
--My hope is in the word of God - the Bible. (Psalm 119:74, 81)
--I have a blessed hope in the return of Jesus Christ for me at the rapture of the Church
--BEFORE the tribulation. (Titus 2:13)
--And so shall we ever be with the Lord. (1Thess 4:17)
--In a city called New Jerusalem. (Revelation 21:2) (Hebrews 11:10)

That promise is a comfort to me. (verse 18 above.)
People think that I put an over emphasis on the rapture and the second coming of the Lord Jesus . In explanation, I recall a story about an old preacher that was asked by one of his deacons why he always preached on the text, “Ye must be born again.” He replied, “Because Ye must be born again.”

People, Jesus Christ promised time and again that he was coming back for us, and he hasn’t come back yet. Every day he doesn’t return is closer to the day he will. John 14 says he went to prepare a place for us, and “I will come again and receive you unto myself.” Acts 1 says, “This same Jesus shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.”

I heard a story about an uncle of mine who was a saved man in the early 1950s. There was a revival meeting in town and there was some disputing about whether Jesus Christ was really coming back literally. Somehow my uncle found a white horse and came riding into the tent meeting shouting loudly, “Jesus Christ is coming back. Are you ready?”
I repeat Uncle Everett’s admonition. Jesus Christ is coming back. Are you ready? When he comes back, there will follow the Judgment Seat of Christ for the body of Christ. “Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men.” (2Corinthians 5:11)

As children we used to play hide and seek, and the game started with an announcement -- Ready or not, here I come.

He’s coming! Are you ready? Get ready and then keep pressing on until he does come.

Brother Keith

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith