U
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Originally Posted by Chisos
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Originally Posted by Hubert
In-laws from Germany Grand son married a German Girl..

#strange.

Not that he married a German gal, but they picked Paraguay.

Would have thought Argentina.

Lot of the Nazi SS wound up in Paraguay.

Bunch of Nazis ended up in both places, actually.
Plus Chile. I'd take Chile or Argentina over Paraguay. Only thing that Paraguay makes is Tagua holsters (junk).
On a related note, I just finished reading a book called The Real Odessa about the Nazi ratline to Argentina. Everyone knows that Pope Pius was crooked but the book also mentions Cardinal Montini as being heavily involved. He became Pope Paul VI. Yet another reason that I've abandoned my Catholic upbringing.

You just can't understand how dark the popes were until you go to Italy and study their history. Incredible.
Oh, I know about that. It's just when something happens in your lifetime (him being pope), it's a lot different than old history. You can always think "things were different back then and we're more civilized now". Nope, in some cases.

O
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by old_boots

Someone from New York is advising someone on not moving to schitholes? Got more than seven rounds in your magazine, comrad?

Notice I live in "rural" NY, there is a difference. Just because I live in NY doesn't mean I'm in step with the program here. Care to share where you reside? By the way this is the correct spelling of the word "comrade".
[/quote]

The question is why is anyone on this board trying to dissuade a young man from going somewhere where he might be a bit more free? Post pics of your 30 round magazines and see how long it takes them to come get you. You may not be on board with it, but you still live under it. [/quote]

A bit more free in Paraguay perhaps. How good is living there otherwise though? 56% of the population lives in poverty, avg. monthly income is $422. With political unrest, chronic economic and crime problems I'll stay right here in NY until I'm ready to leave... Yap all you want.

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
If I had to live in that area of the world and couldn't go to Argentina, Belize seems a hell of a lot better than Paraguay.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Chisos
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Originally Posted by Hubert
In-laws from Germany Grand son married a German Girl..

#strange.

Not that he married a German gal, but they picked Paraguay.

Would have thought Argentina.

Lot of the Nazi SS wound up in Paraguay.

Bunch of Nazis ended up in both places, actually.
Plus Chile. I'd take Chile or Argentina over Paraguay. Only thing that Paraguay makes is Tagua holsters (junk).
On a related note, I just finished reading a book called The Real Odessa about the Nazi ratline to Argentina. Everyone knows that Pope Pius was crooked but the book also mentions Cardinal Montini as being heavily involved. He became Pope Paul VI. Yet another reason that I've abandoned my Catholic upbringing.

You just can't understand how dark the popes were until you go to Italy and study their history. Incredible.
Oh, I know about that. It's just when something happens in your lifetime (him being pope), it's a lot different than old history. You can always think "things were different back then and we're more civilized now". Nope, in some cases.

Well stated. We're obviously looking at another collaborator pope in our own times.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not the USA.

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by xxclaro
If I had to live in that area of the world and couldn't go to Argentina, Belize seems a hell of a lot better than Paraguay.

Some relatives Farm soybeans in Belize. They like it and enjoy the aspect of coming and going as opposed to living there full time.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U

Your "that area of the world" encompasses many thousands of miles. Belize to Argentina is about 4200 miles.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Your "that area of the world" encompasses many thousands of miles. Belize to Argentina is about 4200 miles.

Pretty sure xxclaro means the “area of the world” that’s south of North America..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Guessing here that Belize is closer to Canada than it is to Paraguay...

And in more than one way....

"Chances Will Be Taken"

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Pretty sure xxclaro means the “area of the world” that’s south of North America..

Hey if its hot, sticky and full of brown people its all part of the same "place" to me lol.

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Hey if its hot, sticky and full of brown people its all part of the same "place" to me lol.

Leave Louisiana outta this !!
Grins

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by johnw
Guessing here that Belize is closer to Canada than it is to Paraguay...

And in more than one way....

Guy new the better spot!! 🤪

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by gunner500
Well Hubert, your grandson has already let it ALL go too far, a man doesn't get led around by a mouthy woman OR her mother, a man should listen to his own mother, but then do as "he" see's fit, he ignored the warning signs early on with these two and married those problems anyway, so he now has to ride that shltshow out.

Allowing his and his children's future to be washed down the drain by a couple of heavy-handed female nut jobs.

Surprised they're not antifa, too.

Purple or blue hair?

No shlt Buddy LD, i dont talk to anyone that way, damn sure wont take lip from a mouthy woman OR her mother, i have never had to apologize for anything i've said to the people i love and care for, it's a simple matter of thinking before you speak, these crazy head yapping bitches would get hit in the head with a maul around here!

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Leave the resort town and Belize is an epic 3rd world schit hole, like most of central America.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Reminds me of that old Harrison Ford movie. Mosquito coast?

Hope the kids don't go native.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I just got back from Costa Rica. It's a nice country, beautiful beaches, people are pretty nice. There is still a lot of poverty and petty crime there though and it's supposed to be one of the best places south of here. I liked it much better than Mexico.

A friend of mine who's also here on the campfire said his dad had to sell his dream home he built down there at a major loss and come back to the USA. I guess his taxes had gone up 1000% over 10 years and his home started getting broken into.

Food seemed very expensive down there and not very good. It was $10 for a small box of cereal and milk was $6 a gallon. My wife kept asking how do these people afford to eat. I told her they eat beans and rice not imported processed stuff. It seemed like little of the food we bought was made there.

When I lived in South Africa we ate well for less money than in the USA. But they had all their own brands and made many things there and didn't have to import. Some of it was very good quality.

Bb

Last edited by Burleyboy; 06/03/21.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
It does sound like a nice place.

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Paraguay is known for beef.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's okay, but I like butter better.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

515 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 12344mag, 163bc, 10Glocks, 44 invisible), 2,263 guests, and 1,282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,641
Posts18,493,209
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.