Print Thread
Hop To
C
colodog Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
I've been waiting to buy an R7 or a Diana 21 air rifle for a while and I just haven't seen any for sale,
Summer break is here and I needed to get a starter rifle to see if the youngster was going to stick with it or loose interest in a day or two.

I ordered an Umarex Embark for $109 from Umarex directly.
The stock is sturdy green plastic and it's sized for a kid, the daughter is 4'6" and it fits her well.
It's not the classic quality of a German made air rifle, it's made in China...and the trigger isn't great but it'll do and it arrived in three days.
The adjustable sights are plastic and seem pretty durable and zeroed easily.

We had the usual new shooter safety talk and firearms instruction which helped my daughter get past her uninformed fear of firearms!!
It took a few tries to figure out the best way to break the barrel and hold the rifle so she could cock it but she's a pro now.
Shooting some, "shoot and see" type targets got her excited but the Ritz crackers were too small for consistent hits with sights. She needs new glasses too.
I pulled a UTG Bug Buster scope out of the closet and that made the difference. It's a 3-9, AO, illuminated red or green and sized for a small rifle too.

After 250 pellets it's smoothing up a bit and the daughter is in the "after dinner air rifle" routine now.

If she stays with it, I'll buy an upgrade but I'm glad I got her started NOW.

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

GB1

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
A salute, a high five and an "awwww yeaaaah" for a great dad.

ps - you might want to start stocking up on 22lr now.
These days, you need to think of it like a college fund....

Work is what you do to finance your real life.....
C
colodog Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Thanks kragman1, I'm trying my best.

22lr is beyond 4 cases, 1 CCI, 1 Eley 10x and 1 Norma Match with some Automatch ,Federal, American Eagle, RWS Match and other bricks piled on top.
All it took was the first Obama panic and I'll never do that again! grin

The 22lr mostly sits unloved, there's so much you can do with an air rifle!

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
____
Originally Posted by colodog

The 22lr mostly sits unloved, there's so much you can do with an air rifle!

With a good air rifle you really don't need a 22lr

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by gemby58

With a good air rifle you really don't need a 22lr

Arrgghhhh....! A dagger straight to my heart.....! lol

Work is what you do to finance your real life.....
IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

516 members (1OntarioJim, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 1moredeer, 160user, 10Glocks, 43 invisible), 2,301 guests, and 1,149 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,397
Posts18,470,010
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.