O
OldHat Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
sorry to hear it.
glad you two were mutually good companions to the end...
he appreciated you.

He was all messed up at the end with his feet curled ... but I would pet him and talk to him and I could tell it soothed him. He'd relax. Dang it makes me tear up just thinking about it. He lived a good life. I spent a lot of time with that dog.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Sorry for your lost, lost my old pal a year ago this month! Think of her every day!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Sorry about you losing your buddy OldHat. I had to put mine down last week. Had her 14 years. At first I thought, well its just another dog. I was wrong again. It sucks. I'm still looking around for her.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by OldHat
I'm a dog guy for sure, but I'm one of those people that says hey they are just animals ... well I'm here to tell you I cried when my old buddy died. Dang he was a good ole dog. Loyal to the very end even though he was paralyzed or something the last day. Maybe a stroke. I don't know.

I love dogs.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Evnin, so so sorry. Lost my GWP a couple of years ago. My Diggzzz. We were inseparable, done everything together. Wife got another dog just before he left, it did soften the blow some. Stop second guessing your self about the last day!!! I've had to put some down myself, not put some down myself & every time I think I was wrong. Lose sleep over it still. You can't go back & re do it. They know how much they are loved, don't beat your self up to much. Hopefully we will be together again & all will be right again. Bill out. πŸΎπŸ‘£πŸΎπŸ‘£πŸΎπŸ‘£πŸΎπŸ‘£πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦

IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Rest In Peace, little doggie. Very sad.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Some people say there are no dogs in Heaven. How the Hell could that be Heaven?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not easy at all. I have had to take ours to the vet over the years to be put down. When a dog gets so bad you know it isn't going to spring back the dog is counting on you to do the best thing and not make them suffer any longer.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by wabigoon
A death in the family.

Feels exactly the same to me.
Same here.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I've wondered that myself.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I've wondered that myself.

It was at this point that I always used to post the Twilight Zone episode (The Hunt) when the old man and his dog are both killed during a coon hunt. Unfortunately, YouTube took it down years ago.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
OH,

We have bred Goldens for years and at one time had eight adult dogs at once. I learned so much from constant interaction with each individual. Each one unique. I love dogs beyond rationale and when one would pass, it was crushing. The rest of the pack missed them and grieved too. I still get teared for each one when there is some happenstance that reminds me of times spent with them.

Amazingly, when a leader passes a younger one will step up and assume duties. That is the luxury of having so many. They fill voids, but never replace the great memories of the ones passed.

All us dog people feel your loss. There are way too many losses noted here and we wish it wasn't so. Their companionship is powerful medicine. Go get some more medicine.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Well, here's a scene from it, anyway.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Man that sucks, i hate it too, deep sadness for weeks, months and years later you never forget them, i hate to say it, but a good dog is more ethical, dedicated, devoted and respectful than 99 percent of humans.

Trump Won!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Diesel
OH,

We have bred Goldens for years and at one time had eight adult dogs at once. I learned so much from constant interaction with each individual. Each one unique. I love dogs beyond rationale and when one would pass, it was crushing. The rest of the pack missed them and grieved too. I still get teared for each one when there is some happenstance that reminds me of times spent with them.

Same here. In fact, when I lost my German Shepherd in 1980 (the first dog I ever had to suffer the death of), I cried for months in advance, and years after.

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Sorry for your loss my friend i have a 13 year old i can not imagine what it is going to be like when he passes he has been everywhere with me went to work everyday w until 4 years ago and i retired now we both hang out at home. He is getting the arthritis and hard of hearing.

It is like losing a family member heck i spend more time with this old mutt than i ever did with family.
Take it day by day knowing no one could have given him a better home than what you did.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Know just how you feel. It's tough to lose one's best friend.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Sorry to hear about your dog.

Bunch of us know how you feel losing him.

Hollow, sad, greiving.

They are tied to us for 10,s of 1000,s of years and we are tied to them.
Humans and dogs evolved working together for each others benefit and companionship.

No other 2 species on the planet have the bond like man and dog do.

It hurts when you lose a dog...

Last edited by renegade50; 06/03/21.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
So sorry to hear that.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn LabΓ© SkΓ½la~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OldHat
I'm a dog guy for sure, but I'm one of those people that says hey they are just animals ... well I'm here to tell you I cried when my old buddy died. Dang he was a good ole dog. Loyal to the very end even though he was paralyzed or something the last day. Maybe a stroke. I don't know.

That's rough OldHat.
Some dogs are true friends and gifts from above.
I'll pray for your loss.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

119 members (1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 10Glocks, 2500HD, 22 invisible), 1,633 guests, and 983 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,242
Posts18,485,916
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.