Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
U
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
U
Cop Arrested for Shooting Child in Head With Taser for Interrupting Fellow Officers
Matt Agorist June 4, 2021
https://thefreethoughtproject.com/c...t4O5u-ubQixJ8GMAsTJJRA9mlY5oJUdO3MNPQa88

West Columbia, SC — An officer who was with the Springdale Police Department has been arrested on multiple charges after he drew his taser and shot a child at point blank range in the side of his head. The child committed no crime and had merely interrupted a conversation between the violent cop and his fellow brothers in blue.

Carl Brooks Wilhelm, 36, was gainfully employed with the Springdale Police Department until he was arrested this week and now faces charges of child neglect and misconduct in office for the taser incident.

According to the arrest warrant from the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division, the child’s “mother dropped him off on April 21, 2021 so Wilhelm could take him to school. The arrest warrant states the juvenile interrupted a conversation Wilhelm was having with another officer. Wilhelm then reportedly unholstered his TASER device, pointed it at the juvenile and pulled the trigger — striking him in the left side of his head.”

Because the taser was deployed at such a close range, the child had to be transported to a local hospital in order to get the prongs surgically removed from his head.

Despite the incident unfolding in April, Wilhelm wasn’t arrested until this week. The fact that he tasered the innocent child in the head in front of two other officers who witnessed the sadistic act and failed to arrest him on the spot, also speaks to the insidious nature of the blue code of silence.

Apparently, cops can carry out utterly horrifying acts of violence against children — in front of their fellow officers — and simply walk away.

freestar
According to reports, after the child came out of the hospital, he told investigators that Wilhelm frequently threatened him with his taser and used it to scare him.

After Wilhelm’s arrest, the department released a response claiming they carried out a non-biased investigation.

The Springdale Police Department issued the following statement:

“On 04/21/2021 an incident occurred at Springdale Police Department involving former officer, Carl Wilhelm. Chief Richbourg requested SLED to investigate the incident, to ensure transparency and a non-bias investigation. Wilhelm is no longer employed with the Springdale Police Department.”

According to WIS10, Wilhelm was booked at the Lexington County Detention Center and is out on a Personal Recognizance bond.

If you have never Googled the phrase “40% police” then you may not know that multiple studies have shown that police officer families experience a rate of domestic violence far greater than the average family. We can assume this child was either the son or stepson of this cop since the boy’s mother trusted the officer to bring him to school.

freestar
The phenomenon of wife and child beating cops has been a stain on the thin blue line for decades, backed up by countless news stories, many of which are horrifying in nature. The aforementioned case is a telling reminder that 40 percent of police officer families reportedly experience domestic violence.

A simple Google search will illustrate how police officers are arrested for domestic violence on a near-weekly basis. It is also estimated that the incident rate for domestic violence is likely far higher than reported as many women and children stay silent out of fear of retaliation and the fact that their abuser’s brothers in blue will cover for them.

As this officers watching Wilhelm and refusing to arrest him illustrates, and as TFTP has previously noted, a report by a government-appointed watchdog group shows that most of the time, abusive officers who commit these crimes, do so with seeming impunity.

Fortunately, Wilhelm was eventually arrested. Hopefully, he gets the justice he so desperately deserves.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
GB1

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Nah, thoughtful ethical intellectuals like that would never participate in gun grabs...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What is it with the short fuses of some, (certainly not all), in this field?. I'm talking of my family now.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That's just terrible. I bet he doesn't grow up to act like you two around his dad though.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Police work is extremely stressful. Some people can handle it, some should do something else. All are changed by it, and not entirely for the better.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hell and I thought it was bad getting whopped upside the head for interrupting dad!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Would I like to have a piece of that guy....

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Used to work with a guy from Illinois that said his dad would tase him for getting mouthy .
Don’t know about the rest of his upbringing , but he was dumber than a soup sandwich.
Kenneth

Last edited by Kenneth66; 06/05/21.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Kenneth66
Used to work with a guy from Illinois that said his dad would tase him for getting mouthy .
Don’t know about the rest of his upbringing , but he was dumber than a soup sandwich.
Kenneth

It's probably the only thing he understood and respected. Some animals can only learn the hard way.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Hogeye
Police work is extremely stressful. Some people can handle it, some should do something else. All are changed by it, and not entirely for the better.

That's what I've seen in friends over the years.

Retired cat herder.

IC B3

U
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
U
He can raise his kid however he likes on his own time. I'm concerned with the other officers and their bosses didn't do whatever was necessary to immediately make him not a cop anymore. It's that immunity thing again.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
So tell us, what did the big bad man in blue do to you?

U
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by Hogeye

The extreme amount funding for law enforcement provides for more positions than there are capable and interested people. There needs to be reform to try different ways of attending to problems in addition to a smaller police force. This is part of the argument made by the more reasonable people who are labeled by propagandists as "defund the police".

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Do tasers have a non-point-blank range?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by deflave

Yeah, they make 'em with turrets now.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by deflave

Yeah, they make 'em with turrets now.

These showed a lot of promise at one point. Until people saw the price tag.

LOL

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Disconcerting that those cops would arrest you for leaving a belt mark on your boys butt but OK such behavior among themselves.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Shocking behavior.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Not sure about that department, but we turn our tasers in every other week to download the activity to the computer. It records every time you turn it on, spark test, or deploy.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle
Not sure about that department, but we turn our tasers in every other week to download the activity to the computer. It records every time you turn it on, spark test, or deploy.

I'm thinking that department might be a little... less strict.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (16gage, 06hunter59, 1OntarioJim, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 1moredeer, 47 invisible), 2,255 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,398
Posts18,470,078
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.