What's up with that ? 20" 6MM .....Should've been a 358 Win
.....SMH

Last edited by Oskerspap12; 06/03/21.
GB1

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Looks like they may be making firearms with some of the leftover parts they received in the purchase. Hopefully it will get them up and running.
GreggH

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
No 223Rem seems a rather LARGE mistake.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
this new Remington company needs to leave New York and get away from these liberals !

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
783 is a mistake too, should have left the junk behind.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Using left over parts may be the reason for the models and caliber offerings

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by GreggH
Looks like they may be making firearms with some of the leftover parts they received in the purchase. Hopefully it will get them up and running.
GreggH

Actually, all the left over parts were sold.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
Dads old late 60s 870 wing master is a beautiful firearm that blows through rounds like butter. 2000s 870 express I picked up cheap is an abomination. Jambing, binding, garbage. I say stay down for the count of your only going to drag a good, old name through the mud.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I was not impressed with there selections.
My buddy is getting ready to sell more of his Remington 700's. Most of them are pre SPS. Might have to list some of them in the classifieds.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
OHA LIFE MEMBER
RMEF LIFE MEMBER
*MOLON LABE SKYLA*
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Oldman03
Using left over parts may be the reason for the models and caliber offerings

It worked with the Model 30.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
IC B3

TBS Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This is so sad, they're doing the same thing as before. This was a chance to innovate, drop the dead weight and move forward. Hell, they didn't even develop a totally new web site. They don't need to make 50 different flavors of 870 and 700's. 3 or 4 flavors of each with top notch quality control and a choice of calibers that people are actually buying. When was the last time you saw someone buy a brand new 7mm mag? There are thousands of those on the used market. Point being, they should jump way ahead of the curve, think outside the box and surprise us with the best rifles and shotguns available today.

When PRC became popular, Savage and Ruger where all over it like a bum on a bologna sandwich and Rem was sleeping at the wheel. When the 6.5 Creedmoor started building steam, the same thing with Rem. They need to be the leaders, not play follow the leader.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Drop the 6mm M7 and replace it with a 338Fed. I always thought they'd be a perfect match.

And 358 Win....

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Good news!

Retired cat herder.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by cotis
Their fate is sealed before they ever produce the first firearm. It was done when they chose NOT to move the factory out of NY to a cheaper, non-union state.

The union didn't bleed the company dry. The hedge fund that owned them did that.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Yep. Unions, love ‘em or hate ‘em, had nothing to do with Remington’s failure. That was ALL hedge fund.

Folks can like 6.5, or hate it, but I don’t understand why Rem isn’t offering it, out of the gate.

Develop an American-made inertia driven shotgun, with a price point of $600-$800, and NOT stupid styling, and watch the public beat a path to your door.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I glad to see them back in business and am a 6mm Rem fan also.
I get a kick out of people bashing Remington when they are buying the cheapest in there line, yes I would quit making cheep guns. But a lot of the gun business is and has been a race to the bottom by all manufacturers.
Pick up a 870 Express you have what you paid for a cheaply made gun, if you paid for a Wingmaster you had a very reliable gun that will last.
Remington V3 is a great new design but should of been made in higher end models from the start like a Trap and Skeet versions as well as Wood Stock models with good wood for the uplands. Not everybody drags there shotgun through a marsh.
M700 high priced guns are nice the SPS were not to smooth and ugly but my friend hunts with one and it’s a shooter.
Remington like all gun manufacturers has to decide what products make the most sense, with some real gun people not bean counters.

Last edited by 1100RemingtonMan; 06/04/21.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by 1100RemingtonMan
I get a kick out of people bashing Remington when they are buying the cheapest in there line, yes I would quit making cheep guns. But a lot of the gun business is and has been a race to the bottom by all manufacturers.
Pick up a 870 Express you have what you paid for a cheaply made gun, if you paid for a Wingmaster you had a very reliable gun that will last.
Remington V3 is a great new design but should of been made in higher end models from the start like a Trap and Skeet versions as well as Wood Stock models with good wood for the uplands. Not everybody drags there shotgun through a marsh.
M700 high priced guns are nice the SPS were not to smooth and ugly but my friend hunts with one and it’s a shooter.
Remington like all gun manufacturers has to decide what products make the most sense, with some real gun people not bean counters.

An 870 express is about as reliable as an anvil.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BWalker

And about as heavy and ugly as one too.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Blackheart

I didn’t know where your dumb azz was. LOL

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Originally Posted by Blackheart

I didn’t know where your dumb azz was. LOL
I didn't know where your dumb ass was either.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

187 members (160user, 280shooter, 1OntarioJim, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 2500HD, 20 invisible), 1,688 guests, and 940 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,372
Posts18,488,335
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.