Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by devnull
Originally Posted by Big Stick
The MAGNIFICENT Stupidity of Dumb Fhuqkers trying to "talk" rifles and scopes on this Thread alone,is simply fhuqking sensational. That ain't a compliment. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Hmmmmm...where to start?!?

Then it gets "Technical": "Anything with 2nd focal plane and a BDC type reticle. Windage hash marks are a plus. I say 2nd focal plane so that you can adjust power to match your drop on your bullet.". Pardon a FFP keeping a lineal angular scale the same size of ruler,no matter where the zoom ring is parked. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...................

I've shot dog towns with both FFP/turrets and SFP/BDC. SFP/BDC is faster than turning turrets when you know yardage and DOPE. No lookups converting yardage to MOA or Mil.

You still have to interpolate your hold when it’s between dots.

The first one to miss hasn’t really won the race.

Yep, and dogs don't always stay still when your dialing. Another miss.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The MAGNIFICENT Stupidity of Dumb Fhuqkers trying to "talk" rifles and scopes on this Thread alone,is simply fhuqking sensational. That ain't a compliment. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Then it gets "Technical": "Anything with 2nd focal plane and a BDC type reticle. Windage hash marks are a plus. I say 2nd focal plane so that you can adjust power to match your drop on your bullet.". Pardon a FFP keeping a lineal angular scale the same size of ruler,no matter where the zoom ring is parked. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

I've shot dog towns with both FFP/turrets and SFP/BDC. SFP/BDC is faster than turning turrets when you know yardage and DOPE. No lookups converting yardage to MOA or Mil.

Where do you CLUELESS Lying Pieces Of Fhuqking Schit concoct these fhuqking Delusions?!? Your STUPIDITY is simply staggering,in it's magnitude. Hint.

SFP mandates chasing zoom ratio,for ever changing subtention "values". BDC's are non-lineal Goat Fhuqks,archaeic by design and do not correlate to the erector,turrets or zoom ratio. Hint.

FFP with a lineal graduated etched angular reticle(Mil being quickest/easiest/most intuitive),requires ZERO input,other than an eyeball to ocular lens. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

'Course same combines a Wind Meter too and extrapolates all immediately,in real time. ALL is constant. Hint.

Do tell about the Dog Schit wares you "have" and which steer your crossed-eyes to such rampant fhuqking STUPIDITY. Spare NO particulars,mainly because it will be funnier than fhuqk. Cite "your" receiver,barrel(make,twist,freebore),stock,trigger,mounts,optics(Make/Model),projectile,COAL latitude,velocity and atmosphere if only for starters. Dangle some pics,with your "camera". Be VERY fhuqking careful however,if only for the obvious reason(s). Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

You Day Dreaming Delusional CLUELESS Fhuqktards are a HOOT!!!! Hint.

Bless your heart for Lying,Crying,Trying and Whining.

Hint. LAUGHING!....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Stick, show some pictures of dog towns you've been in. One will be enough.

FFP Process:
1) Range
2) Lookup yardage to equate to Mil / MOA
3) Dial / Hold
4) Shoot

SFP BDC Process:
1) Range
2) Hold
3) Shoot

My rangefinder doesn't return MOA/ Mil for yardage.

Last edited by devnull; 06/08/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

You still have to interpolate your hold when it’s between dots.

The first one to miss hasn’t really won the race.

Yep, and dogs don't always stay still when your dialing. Another miss.

Nah, a few yards either way isn't going to amount to more than a click or two. Holding between dots in a BDC scope can easily lead to several clicks of error, depending on the skill of the user.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

FFP Process:
1) Range
3) Dial / Hold
4) Shoot

SFP BDC Process:
1) Range
2) Make sure the scope is on the correct magnification setting
3) If the distance isn't a match for one of the dots, figure out where to hold between two dots
4) Hold
5) Shoot

Fixed wink

Last edited by Jordan Smith; 06/08/21.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

FFP Process:
1) Range
3) Dial / Hold
4) Shoot

SFP BDC Process:
1) Range
2) Hold
3) Shoot

Lying Piece Of Fhuqking CLUELESS Schit,

Hint.

FFP "process":

Look through scope and kill schit as per whim and retain the ability to Meter wind. There's typically at least (10) Mil's of elevation correction available,simply staring one in the face and laying in wait,as a minimum. Hint.

1100yds of FFP Mil DOPE in an ocular. Hint.

2000yds of FFP Mil DOPE on a Krunchenticker ocular/stock. Hint.

Describe "your" rangefinder,you Brokedick Day Dreaming Delusonal Fhuqktard. Hint.

If only yet again...("Do tell about the Dog Schit wares you "have" and which steer your crossed-eyes to such rampant fhuqking STUPIDITY. Spare NO particulars,mainly because it will be funnier than fhuqk. Cite "your" receiver,barrel(make,twist,freebore),stock,trigger,mounts,optics(Make/Model),projectile,COAL latitude,velocity and atmosphere if only for starters. Dangle some pics,with your "camera". Be VERY fhuqking careful however,if only for the obvious reason(s). Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING").

You Brokedick CLUELESS Fhuqktards are a HOOT! hint.

Bless your heart for Lying,Crying,Trying and Whining.

Hint. LAUGHING!....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

FFP Process:
1) Range
3) Dial / Hold
4) Shoot

SFP BDC Process:
1) Range
2) Make sure the scope is on the correct magnification setting
3) If the distance isn't a match for one of the dots, figure out where to hold between two dots
2) Hold
3) Shoot

Fixed wink

Before hitting the field, I'll figure out subtensions related to magnification and velocity. I then leave the scope on that magnification the whole day. In my case, it's a Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20 with a Rapid-Z Varmint reticle. DOPE matches subtensions at 12.5x. I have the option of dialing too.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
You made my point Stick so eloquently. You're looking up DOPE on a label to make a shot. There's no looking up DOPE once magnification is set with a SFP. Ranging done with a Sig Kilo 2000.

ETA Wares:
Remington 700 .223 - factory tube, Trigger Tech Special, Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x50
Borden Alpine, McM Rem Varmint, Shilen trigger, Rock 5r 8T .223AI, Nightforce NXS 3.5-15x50

I'm not advocating BDC for all things. For a dog field, it works well.

Last edited by devnull; 06/08/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Before hitting the field, I'll figure out subtensions related to magnification and velocity. I then leave the scope on that magnification the whole day. In my case, it's a Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20 with a Rapid-Z Varmint reticle. DOPE matches subtensions at 12.5x. I have the option of dialing too.

You still have to interpolate elevation and figure out what to do about the wind.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

You still have to interpolate elevation and figure out what to do about the wind.

Elevation is figured. Wind may need to be dialed based on speed.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I'm MORE than happy to dispense slack on the rope and watch you Day Dreaming Delusional Fhuqktards writhe on same...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Simply "correlate" as per your "knowledge","experience" and "results",this mainstay Pasture Recipe. A 50gr V-Max at 3750fps. Work your Imaginary Pretend Zeiss SFP "Magic" and simply corroborate connections,on that HILARIOUS Goat Fhuqk of a Bullet Steering Device. HINT.

Simply cite the magnification and "explain" how "well" it "works",at both the beginning and ending range. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Yet again,be VERY fhuqking careful. Hint.

Bless your crossed-eyes,Retardation,Palsy and Parking permit.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!......................

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Who said anything about a 50 gr V-MAX? That's your imagination jumping to conclusions as seen in every post.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Getting ready to go to Wyoming for some prairie dog shooting and coyote hunting. Prairie dog rifle will be wearing a 10 power SWFA SS. Will be using Sticks method for most of the longer shots. The problem that arises is that sometimes it is hard to get a rangefinder to give good readings on light colored soil, light colored targets in bright sunlight and on flat ground. Sometimes it is easier to range with the marks on the reticle.

Last edited by rickt300; 06/08/21.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Due your Day Dreaming Description of said system,why would something as simplistic as an individual projectile matter? Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Less a chambering cited,let alone a projectile or it's speed,your Dumbfhuqktitude stated: ("You made my point Stick so eloquently. You're looking up DOPE on a label to make a shot. There's no looking up DOPE once magnification is set with a SFP. Ranging done with a Sig Kilo 2000."). HINT.

In retrospect I stated plainly:

"Describe "your" rangefinder,you Brokedick Day Dreaming Delusonal Fhuqktard. Hint.

If only yet again...("Do tell about the Dog Schit wares you "have" and which steer your crossed-eyes to such rampant fhuqking STUPIDITY. Spare NO particulars,mainly because it will be funnier than fhuqk. Cite "your" receiver,barrel(make,twist,freebore),stock,trigger,mounts,optics(Make/Model),projectile,COAL latitude,velocity and atmosphere if only for starters. Dangle some pics,with your "camera". Be VERY fhuqking careful however,if only for the obvious reason(s)". HINT.

Conversly,the same extrapolated to FFP/Mil,offers the following and beyond the 1000yd line(if only to punch yourself in your own face). HINT. Laughing!

I simply stated for you to: "Simply cite the magnification and "explain" how "well" it "works",at both the beginning and ending range. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Yet again,be VERY fhuqking careful. Hint."

Feel FREE to choose any cartridge/projectile combo,that "swoons" your "heralded" SFP Zeiss Zoom Ratio "MAGIC" and rest assured,I'll be here to rub your nose,in your very own Fhuqking STUPIDITY. Hint. Laughing!

Bless your crossed-eyes,Retardation,Palsy and Parking permit.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!......................

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Damn it Stick he might not know that the visible distance between the marks changes on a SFP scope when you change magnification. That and he is shooting a 223, if there is much wind at all those prairie dogs are going to be pretty safe no matter how he plays with his scope out past 300 yards.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Elevation is figured. Wind may need to be dialed based on speed.

Point being, your reticle doesn't have a provision for 432 or 583 yards, so you're either interpolating/guessing on the hold, or you have to change magnification and reference some DOPE card made specifically for the purpose of using magnification to align the dots with various target distances.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd never even consider dialing for a shot on colony varmints. So quick to hold and once I've got ranges figured for each mound they're hanging out on, holds are simply a matter of how much wind to hold.

Things would have to be very slow to range and dial each shot unless I was specifically targeting dogs way out.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Higginez
I'd never even consider dialing for a shot on colony varmints. So quick to hold and once I've got ranges figured for each mound they're hanging out on, holds are simply a matter of how much wind to hold.

Things would have to be very slow to range and dial each shot unless I was specifically targeting dogs way out.

A mixture of both dialing and holding works well, depending on the situation. Once you've got the range of each mound figured, dialing elevation is very quick as well and allows more accurate wind holds with anything short of a HORUS-style reticle.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Where Did The Lying Piece Of Fhuqking CLUELESS Schit,

Go?

The poor poor(literally) STUPID Fhuqk.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Big Stick, I don’t think you’ve ever commented on this that I’ve seen, but..is there ANY 1” scope, if you had to pick one, you’d go to for quality, solid internals to hold zero, but not weigh as much as a smoke ham? Not necessarily to dial data but one that could be for mostly short range (to 500 yards) hunting?

Don’t mean to hijack the thread, but in the context of the good 30 mm options mentioned, is there a 1” option even if doesn’t meet all of my qualifiers?

Appreciate it.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

620 members (007FJ, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 1minute, 10gaugeman, 64 invisible), 2,838 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,482
Posts18,490,208
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.