Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Waders Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Who here has actually owned/shot this 9mm M&P Performance Center? (Stock # 12470, 5" ported barrel, suppressor height sights, and comes with a CT red dot optic). Do you like it? Any reason to hate it? How good was the red dot? I handled one at my LGS this week and really liked how it felt in my smaller hands. The trigger was also way ahead of the one on my Gen5 G19.

So please, spill your guts!

[Linked Image from fflone.com]

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I have the standard 5" Pro, my son has a 5" 2.0 Pro. Not exactly what you are asking about but both of our 5" guns have been fantastic . Shockingly accurate and dead nuts reliable.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Waders Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MOGC
... both of our 5" guns have been fantastic . Shockingly accurate and dead nuts reliable.

That's good to hear--thanks!

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have one of the old ones.

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/archive-performance-center-mp-9l-pro-series-core

RMR and Apex trigger.

Its fun.

I hear the new ones have much better triggers out of the box than the old ones.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I've got a full-sized 9mm, a police trade-in gun (3 magazines, night sights), but it's not a Performance Center gun, nor is it a 5" model. What it is, is reliable. It has never burped or hiccupped even once. It works, and shoots reasonably well enough. I'm not a hysterical fan of the thing, it just works and works well enough.
I DID buy a Springfield RO in 9mm recently, because it's more fun to shoot. The M&P isn't fun, it just works.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Tell you what...

THIS... is a bad-ass pistol.

[Linked Image from snwcdnprod.azureedge.net]

GR

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Waders, I don't have experience with that exact pistol, but I can offer some thoughts on the new M&P pistols.

The 2.0 slide release levers are definitely better. They don't auto-forward at all. The profile of that PC pistol is even better than the other 2.0s. The lever can be more difficult to manipulate for a lefty, but I'm pretty sure you're not.

The aluminum frame is much longer in the 2.0 than the first gen.

The triggers are much more crisp and that PC pistol should be great. I dry fired one recently and it was very nice. The entire trigger design is new for the 2.0 and it's much better. The sear-trigger bar engagement is much more consistent and robust.

I have a PC 1.0 with the ported slide but an aftermarket (non-ported) barrel. The slide is lighter but I can't say that I really notice it while shooting. I've shot a ported Shield but it's a completely different animal.

There are a few 2.0s out now with real forward slide serrations. I'm not sure if it was an in-line change or model specific. But I would take real forward serrations over the ported barrel. Especially for a gun with a dot. Might be something to look at.

I don't know anyone who owns a CT dot. Based on my general experiences with dots, I'd plan on it breaking sooner than the other models known for reliability.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
I've got a full-sized 9mm, a police trade-in gun (3 magazines, night sights), but it's not a Performance Center gun, nor is it a 5" model. What it is, is reliable. It has never burped or hiccupped even once. It works, and shoots reasonably well enough. I'm not a hysterical fan of the thing, it just works and works well enough.
I DID buy a Springfield RO in 9mm recently, because it's more fun to shoot. The M&P isn't fun, it just works.
I've owned five M&P's of which I currently have two. 40 and 9. Same as you as far as the experience.

Bluedreaux's fav pic.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Every PC handgun that I've ever handled was drool material.

I have 3 M&P's, one of them a 2.0 version, none PC..................great guns as everyone has said, Never had a single stoppage with any of then. For the most part, the 2.0 is my most carried EDC these days.

Buy it, if you can get it; not sure I'd want the version with the suppressor sights though.

MM

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

524 members (257robertsimp, 1minute, 1_deuce, 1Longbow, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 58 invisible), 2,391 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,541
Posts18,472,864
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.