-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The vandalism to random cars at the hospital should tell you all you need to know about the nurses union. It's a messy business, the only one who benefits in the end is the union bosses and the Democratic party.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
I often wonder why no one can form a self contained union.
Essentially what you suggest, getting together and presenting
a united front. Unions are about a "brotherhood" of workers in
a similar situation, being united for strength.

That would be about the best situation possible.
Keeping the thugs at bay.

Who in their right mind would start vandalizing stuff in today's
anti-union climate?
Either it's some one very out of touch.
Someone who did it for goggles or just to stir the pot. Third party?
Or, unlikely? Someone trying to discredit the union?

Just seems weird, especially this early in the process.

You aren't in 1960's Chitcago.

Some companies do have in-house unions, most of which are known as Federations unaffiliated with building trades or afl-cio representation.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by hanco
I’ve been a union plumber for almost 50 years, we have gone on strike a few times. It never did much good. Striking nurses, I don’t agree with that.
Your disagreement with striking nurses is understandable - but you can join the "disagree" line with zillions of other folks who don't like strikes by unions in other fields. Seems like such public disagreement makes no difference across the board. Some of the striking union folks disagree with their own strikes - but they join the strike.. There is a theme in all of this.
Are you a union guy?
You might say that I am - or have been - a dues-paying card-carrying member of three AFL/CIO unions.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

just another brain dead union zombie.

enjoy your cult and thanks for your filthy union dues bringing communism to the US.

Chukky approves

Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Joken2, ever work for a big anti union outfit?
They have the brainwashing/threats down pat.

I laugh at people on both sides of this topic, both sides have
skeletons the size of Blue Whales and lie like hell.

Union BS is infamous. They run the same trite lines all the time.

So do companies.

"Unions just want part of your pay. (In a way, mostly)
You don't want a union between us and you. It's better if we
can just sit down and talk.
If a union comes in, we will (they might say, might) close."

All company lines. All sorta true. All designed to get a no vote.
Just like Dem talking points, always used. Even when not true.

A current coworker showed me a slick video made about his former
employer. It showed the facilities and the employees. Told how dam
great the employees were. "The best in the world."

After I saw it, I ask "Was there a union push then"?

Of course there was.

It failed.

About 2 years later, they closed.
Went to Mexico.
Left "The best employees in the world" out of work.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Brain dead zombie?

You are an idiot.

Forget you preconceived ideas.

Read and comprehend my posts.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
The vandalism to random cars at the hospital should tell you all you need to know about the nurses union. It's a messy business, the only one who benefits in the end is the union bosses and the Democratic party.
How do we know that it wasn't anti-union thugs trying to discredit the nurses? Doesn't sound like nurse behavior to me. Hitler blamed the Reichstag fire on the Commies.
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Some companies do have in-house unions, most of which are known as Federations unaffiliated with building trades or afl-cio representation.
Those kind s of unions usually end up being the ladies auxiliary club for management rather than watching out for workers interests.
Originally Posted by steve4102
Unions are nothing more than Legalized Extortion.
They were started by Organized Crime and they are still run by Organized Crime.
No, they were started by badly abused WORKING people and were infiltrated by organized crime as a counter balance to anti-union violence. The violent Pinkerton detectives weren't to be dissuaded by appeals to their sense of justice.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
So a local hospital recently had its nurses unionize. They went SEIU.

No bullchit, this is the narrative locally on the news and on social media. “We only want competitive wages”. “The patients come first. We can’t give them the best care because we are run ragged.”

Ok, on its face it doesn’t sound bad. They think they should make more money and have a better package. I don’t think anyone would begrudge them getting together and talking to management and asking for it.

They decided to strike. Folks asked “if it’s all about the patients, how can you go on strike and leave the hospital short handed?”
They answer “we gave plenty of time and notice, the hospital is bringing plenty of outside temporary help to cover it”

So the first night of the strike a bunch of the vehicles in the hospital parking lot have their windows smashed in. Hmmmm

Then the union truck drivers in “solidarity” with their brothers and sisters refuse to deliver the medical supplies to the hospital. So non union management drove the trucks and made the deliveries.

Thank God there are non-union folks there to pick up the slack and WORK when the POS commie fugk unionistas decide to play hardball.

Ya well, this unionista just retired last week at 61 with a pension and retiree healthcare, find me a non-union redimix driver with the same.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Ya well, this unionista just retired last week at 61 with a pension and retiree healthcare, find me a non-union redimix driver with the same.
Better watch out, you'll be labeled a communist. This is the land of the free and the home of the brave unless the free and brave tradesmen happen to get together in an organization and set a price on their work.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
No wonder concrete is so expensive. grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hastings
Better watch out, you'll be labeled a communist. This is the land of the free and the home of the brave unless the free and brave tradesmen happen to get together in an organization and set a price on their work.

Well I've been hearing about it around here for years, but the bottom line was better pay, better benefits, early retirement and retirement healthcare. Your non-union driver in CA will not receive an early pension no matter how many years worked, and without a retiree health plan, will not be able to afford to buy a health plan until he is 65.
When I turn 65, my retiree health turns into a Medicare supplement, where others will need to purchase a supplement and dental and vision.

Ya, I hate the union leadership advocates for democrats and sends the democrats money, but maybe if the republicans wouldn't spend so much time union busting or fighting against worker rights, it could be different.
I'm a staunch conservative, but I'm not about to walk away from early retirement and retiree health..so everyone can have at it, but I'm glad I joined the union 33 years ago.

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Well if that's all you think you're worth, congratulations, enjoy ! I just don't understand why any good man, would limit himself, to what the very worst people in your field earn, I was brought up to do better.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Hastings

Well I've been hearing about it around here for years, but the bottom line was better pay, better benefits, early retirement and retirement healthcare. Your non-union driver in CA will not receive an early pension no matter how many years worked, and without a retiree health plan, will not be able to afford to buy a health plan until he is 65.
When I turn 65, my retiree health turns into a Medicare supplement, where others will need to purchase a supplement and dental and vision.

Ya, I hate the union leadership advocates for democrats and sends the democrats money, but maybe if the republicans wouldn't spend so much time union busting or fighting against worker rights, it could be different.
I'm a staunch conservative, but I'm not about to walk away from early retirement and retiree health..so everyone can have at it, but I'm glad I joined the union 33 years ago.

Union busting?

Where has there been an effort of union busting?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
So a local hospital recently had its nurses unionize. They went SEIU.

No bullchit, this is the narrative locally on the news and on social media. “We only want competitive wages”. “The patients come first. We can’t give them the best care because we are run ragged.”

Ok, on its face it doesn’t sound bad. They think they should make more money and have a better package. I don’t think anyone would begrudge them getting together and talking to management and asking for it.

They decided to strike. Folks asked “if it’s all about the patients, how can you go on strike and leave the hospital short handed?”
They answer “we gave plenty of time and notice, the hospital is bringing plenty of outside temporary help to cover it”

So the first night of the strike a bunch of the vehicles in the hospital parking lot have their windows smashed in. Hmmmm

Then the union truck drivers in “solidarity” with their brothers and sisters refuse to deliver the medical supplies to the hospital. So non union management drove the trucks and made the deliveries.

Thank God there are non-union folks there to pick up the slack and WORK when the POS commie fugk unionistas decide to play hardball.

And when you die, the Union keeps all the money you paid into your retirement pension and all the interest it generated. Find a 401K , IRA, or similar personal or company based retirement account that keeps all your money when you die. If a company such as Morgan Stanley invested your money for 30 years, and kept it after you died they would be in prison in a heart beat.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by hanco
I’ve been a union plumber for almost 50 years, we have gone on strike a few times. It never did much good. Striking nurses, I don’t agree with that.
Your disagreement with striking nurses is understandable - but you can join the "disagree" line with zillions of other folks who don't like strikes by unions in other fields. Seems like such public disagreement makes no difference across the board. Some of the striking union folks disagree with their own strikes - but they join the strike.. There is a theme in all of this.
Are you a union guy?
You might say that I am - or have been - a dues-paying card-carrying member of three AFL/CIO unions.

Are those teacher unions?

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Union busting?

You strictly referencing Barkoff's comment or in general?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by pahick

Union busting?

In general.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by pahick

Union busting?

In general.

It happens every day. Bessemer was clearly the largest effort, by Amazon, recently. Kumho gave it a hell of a shot not long ago. Anyone can search Office of Labor Management Standards and look up LM-20/21 consultant records and see which companies are hiring these law firms to break down union efforts.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I'm talking about politicians that run on the platform of union busting.

If amazon didn't resist the forming of unions they'd be stupid.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm talking about politicians that run on the platform of union busting.

If amazon didn't resist the forming of unions they'd be stupid.

Thats why I asked if your question was specific to Barkoff's comment. If you would have stated strictly politicians id point out that not many politicians are very vocal when it comes to "union busting", career breaker. Not to mention going on record that you seek to intentionally break certain laws. You can certainly look up politicians voting records over the years and find who has been for/against labor bills....and youd be surprised who has been bought and paid for, on both sides of the aisle.

Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

142 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 35, 44mc, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 7887mm08, 9 invisible), 1,557 guests, and 935 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,996
Posts18,481,156
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.