Print Thread
Hop To
M
mbhunt Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
My best friend is retired and spends all his time traveling and staying different places. He has no home. Right now he is in Cartagena Columbia. It appears he's contracted the Rona (probably from friendly columbian girl lol). He is scheduled to come back to the states in 2 weeks and really doesn't want to let the locals know about being sick. I have told him to get zinc,vitamin c, vitamin d, and ivermectin if possible. He's had it for a little over a week so far. Dry cough, slight fever and no energy mostly. He was really achy the first 3 days. He's been coughing up a little mucus lately.
My question for the armchair doctors on here is what other courses of action do you suggest for him?

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Just come across the Mexican border.They don't care what disease you have and he would get a free bus or plane ticket to anywhere in the USA.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Your friend sounds like a selfish azzhole if he plans on traveling while he has it. Tell him to stay put until he clears up so he doesn’t transmit it to some immuno-compromised person who might die from it.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by hunter4623
Your friend sounds like a selfish azzhole if he plans on traveling while he has it. Tell him to stay put until he clears up so he doesn’t transmit it to some immuno-compromised person who might die from it.

He’s had it over a week and does not travel for two more.

Put your mask down.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I wasn’t aware there was a guaranteed 3 week recovery timeline on beating it. A cousin spent 3 weeks in the hospital with it last summer. My aunt died from it 10 days after she showed symptoms. I’ll stand by my opinion that he’s a selfish azzhole if he travels while sick with it.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He'll likely have to provide a negative test taken within 72 hours of his flight to US customs.

I know you do traveling back from Mexico.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Does he have a thermometer to check for fever?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Tell your friend to spin this

Cut off one finger.
Cauterize it with a redhot butterknife.
When going thru customs flash the finger casually when handing over the passport to get stamped.
Tell em a Jaguar at the zoo nipped it off at the zoo cause he was careless trying to pet the thing thru the fence.
He decided Columbia sucks and wanted to go home.

That story will distract the customs cat from any C19 stuff.

In like Flynt.......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mbhunt
My best friend is retired and spends all his time traveling and staying different places. He has no home. Right now he is in Cartagena Columbia. It appears he's contracted the Rona (probably from friendly columbian girl lol). He is scheduled to come back to the states in 2 weeks and really doesn't want to let the locals know about being sick. I have told him to get zinc,vitamin c, vitamin d, and ivermectin if possible. He's had it for a little over a week so far. Dry cough, slight fever and no energy mostly. He was really achy the first 3 days. He's been coughing up a little mucus lately.
My question for the armchair doctors on here is what other courses of action do you suggest for him?

What you suggested plus Tylenol Cold and flu to stop the coughing and a baby aspirin every day just in case the blood clots pop up. I had something about 2 years ago and that is what I survived on for 10 days. (no ivermectin) The coughing really had my lungs and chest sore. ON day 5 in the middle of the 10 I really thought I had pneumonia with breathing issues but I had just started the Tylenol Cold and when I got the coughing under control I started feeling better quickly.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We always had a convenient toddler to distract customs and border agents

Pinch the fugg outta the baby, it screams bloody murder and customs undoes the chain and waves you on like an express lane.

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I wasn’t aware there was a guaranteed 3 week recovery timeline on beating it. A cousin spent 3 weeks in the hospital with it last summer. My aunt died from it 10 days after she showed symptoms. I’ll stand by my opinion that he’s a selfish azzhole if he travels while sick with it.

you have no friggin clue how this viral disease works, how the body's immune system responds and why people die from it.

Are you a double masker too? No wonder our country is phugged

Of course he's safe to travel after 3 weeks

Last edited by ribka; 06/06/21.
M
mbhunt Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
M

I never said he was going to travel while sick. He will be tested before he comes back and will extend his stay if necessary. But good job putting your spin on my post.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by slumlord
We always had a convenient toddler to distract customs and border agents

Pinch the fugg outta the baby, it screams bloody murder and customs undoes the chain and waves you on like an express lane.

Lol!!!!

M
mbhunt Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by ironbender
Does he have a thermometer to check for fever?

I don't think so but that's a good idea for him. He's just been feeling feverish.

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
If he’s very sick , he should probably be seen locally by the best available doctor. If he’s got mild symptoms he’ll likely resolve soon. Lots of things besides coronavirus can cause the symptoms you describe. Out of curiosity, why worry about the locals knowing? Are coronavirus patients treated badly there? Best wishes to your friend.

M
mbhunt Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by WMR
If he’s very sick , he should probably be seen locally by the best available doctor. If he’s got mild symptoms he’ll likely resolve soon. Lots of things besides coronavirus can cause the symptoms you describe. Out of curiosity, why worry about the locals knowing? Are coronavirus patients treated badly there? Best wishes to your friend.

I agree on the different causes of those symptoms. He's not 100% sure but he's never had anything act like this illness. He's got moderate symptoms from everything I read. Definitely not bad enough for medical care yet. I don't think I'd want to have the Columbian government involved with my dealing with the illness unless there was no other way.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (24HourCampFireGuy50, 1936M71, 160user, 1minute, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 63 invisible), 2,429 guests, and 1,448 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,170
Posts18,484,590
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.