Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
L
With SWFA fixed scopes perpetually backordered, are there any alternatives in the $300 price range for a durable scope that will hold zero and track reliably? I don't know how long it takes to get one if you place a back order, but I'm curious if there are any other options out there besides just waiting.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
Burris imo.

GOA
L
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
L
I was thinking about the Bushnell 10x40 elite tactical might be worth trying, but it looks like that model is discontinued. Seems to have a decent reputation but that could all just be internet nonsense.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You’re assuming the swfa scopes are all that. Checked 4 of them only the fixed 10x and the 3x9 tracked as they should. 3x15 and 20x failed. Biggest myth on the internet in optics? Maybe, Watch people freak out over that. They are the same ones who believed fauci

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Ask Cummins. He’s a scope tester

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BobBrown
how many did you test? What % do they track within. Don’t know. Chooot em. Still masked up probably too

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
You’re assuming the swfa scopes are all that. Checked 4 of them only the fixed 10x and the 3x9 tracked as they should. 3x15 and 20x failed. Biggest myth on the internet in optics? Maybe, Watch people freak out over that. They are the same ones who believed fauci

What then do you think is the scope to beat in that price range.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The last Burris I bought NIB,was a Steaming Piece Of Fhuqking Schit,just like every other Burris I've bought/shot/got. Hint.

It wouldn't hold zero,track or repeat...aboard my 18lb Vudoo(22LR). Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

The turret "zero" 'feature" was fhuqking AWESOME though. Hint. LAUGHING!

Anywhoo,the Bushie 3200 10x did get better at the end of it's lineage,in that erector/turret/reticle did finally actually jive Mil/Mil. They stayed Reupold for a long goodly while,in MOA(turret)/Mildot(reticle) configuration. Sadly,they never did offer parallax correction. MUCH better than a fhuqking Burris though! Hint.(grin)

Personally,I think folks are purty mean to cumsincowboys. She simply does the best she can,with what INCREDIBLY little she "has" to "work". One time,she actually almost fired a Live Round while "reviewing" an Optic. ALMOST! Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

I feel a touch overwhelmed mentioning if only in passing,that I've barely only shot 100+ examples of same,in more than a "few" Models. 'Course,I'm sandbagging too.(grin) Only 100,000+ rounds too. They are NOTORIOUSLY "tender","won't track",let alone "return to zero". Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Perhaps she'll regale the masses,with her "prowess" and "Testing" "results"?!? Then again. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Coming full circle to the OP's query,there's nothing at 3x or 4x the money,that will mechanically match a 6/10x MQ Fixed Fhuqker. You reap 40+ Mil's total erector travel,10yd parallax,20-ounces of weight,an etched lineal scale reticle that jives erector/turrets and I hear through The Grapevine,that they fend a "little" use and "some" atmospherics rather well. Hint.

just sayin'.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
L
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
L
Copy that... sounds like finding one used or playing the waiting game is the way to go.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
LMAO

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
Originally Posted by BobBrown
how many did you test? What % do they track within. Don’t know. Chooot em. Still masked up probably too

No , your Mom doesn’t care about masking up

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by LRhunter75
Copy that... sounds like finding one used or playing the waiting game is the way to go.

What model are you looking for?

Last edited by timl; 06/06/21.
L
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
L
Either a 6x or 10x, probably mil quad. I’d probably just go with a Bushnell 10x but like Big Stick said, there is no parallax adjustment. I’d like that because I’ll probably throw this on my rimfire rifle.

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
I have a 10x MQ that I don’t need, if you decide that’s what you want. I can’t send you a PM; send me one if you can.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There’s your answer, timl’s or another used one from here. Don’t expect a big price break.

Did you check SWFA’s scratch and dents?

What fresh Hell is this?
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Either a 6x or 10x, probably mil quad. I’d probably just go with a Bushnell 10x but like Big Stick said, there is no parallax adjustment. I’d like that because I’ll probably throw this on my rimfire rifle.

I believe a parallex adjustment would be important on a rimfire rifle if a lot of your shooting is under 100 yards.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

L
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
L
I decided to go ahead and pick up a used fixed SWFA. It's a shame that there aren't more options in this price range that are reliable for holding zero and tracking.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I decided to go ahead and pick up a used fixed SWFA. It's a shame that there aren't more options in this price range that are reliable for holding zero and tracking.

Can't believe you didn't listen to Cumonmecowboys advise!

#opticsguru

#abductionsfordummies

#lureina12yoin3easysteps

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What happened to The Scope "Tester"?!? She was on a purty good roll there for a while. Hopefully,a garden hose rack didn't fall off a swing set and bonk ker pointy head! Hint. LAUGHING!

What platform is it going aboard? What scope did you find? Mounts/rings?................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
L
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
L
I picked up a 10x mil quad. This'll be my first 10x fixed scope, so we'll see how I like it. This will also be my first scope with a mil reticle and mil turrets, so I have a feeling that'll be a big upgrade.

This'll be going on a Howa 223 (short action, not Mini). Gonna put a 20 MOA rail of some brand on it. Hard to argue with Burris XTR signatures as advocated by so many here, but I may cheap out and go with something like PRWs or Warnes.

The goal is to have a gun that's fun for young and old to shoot that might take also out the occasional yote or ground squirrel.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

275 members (163bc, 320090T, 10Glocks, 3333vl, 308ld, 10gaugemag, 28 invisible), 1,783 guests, and 1,091 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,213
Posts18,503,931
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.