J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by SCRooster

ETA: seriously, that sheep farmer in Idaho has done something to anger those birds ... they sending him a message. There is more to that story than anyone is letting-on. Eagles live in harmony with humans ... that sheep farmer did something to those birds. And it's not because of the late ice, that's bravo sierra.

Lol, Holy fuqk me!

I know, right? whistle

Just ask them, they know everything - wrong.

Disney and Discovery Channel expurts.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by urbaneruralite
Raptors have done well for years now. Pretty sure they're part of the reason wild turkey populations are struggling.

They're talking about us having so many male baldies that other states are looking to transplant some into their states .... just like they did with the turkeys 100 years ago. Running the diversion canal between the upper and lower lake at Santee Cooper is like walking down Haye Street in 1975 with all the airborne hard dicks lined up looking for patooty in Fayetteville ... there must be 75 baldy males along that canal waiting for fishermen to dump fish guts and heads at the marinas.

Wow cool. In the last few years I have seen bald eagles fishing around the Georgia coast, but nothing like that.....just one or two on occassion. I was up close to the eagle mascot at Georgia Southern several years ago and got a good look at it. His handler was bringing him through the crowd at a ball game for whatever reason. Those things are huge. What impressed me the most was the feet. Could do some serious damage.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Big Bald Eagles are not the males

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Should one have a real problem w raptors, why would you even speak of it on a public forum? I’m betting you know what I mean. Have a great week all.

America, Our Country and we’re taking it back.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 12344mag

ETA: seriously, that sheep farmer in Idaho has done something to anger those birds ... they sending him a message. There is more to that story than anyone is letting-on. Eagles live in harmony with humans ... that sheep farmer did something to those birds. And it's not because of the late ice, that's bravo sierra.

Lol, Holy fuqk me!

I know, right? whistle

PETA? BTW, the biggest issue for turkeys are the nest robbers. Particularly raccoons. If raccoons were people they would all be in prison, they are thugs of the first order. We need more trappers willing to trap nest robbers like coons and skunks. Same for crow hunters, dang crows pillage a turkey next too.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
IC B2

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
"We can't just let Nature run wild!" : Walter Hickle

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Local guy lost a calf a few years back.

The calf (remains of) was found across the river, at the base of an old snag tree with an eagle nest in the top of it.

The calf was a very small newborn. The eagles were goldens.

And yes, it has always been known that bald eagles will steal lambs and baby goats, or fawns, or cats, or small dogs, or elk calves, etc, etc. 'Tis why Elmer used to shoot them.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jaguartx
that wouldn't be bleeding fart preservationism and is too logical for big city folks like Screwster.

Well, just to illustrate your ignorance in as clear and concise of a mental picture as possible ....

My heart bleeds for nothing except my family, close friends and loved ones ... and my dogs, my horses. And I had this pet chicken one time back in the 50s that I saved from the slaughter .... but, other than that, nah, my heart doesn't bleed.

My heart "broke" (didn't bleed) one time, just graduated from college and was about to take my commission and my girlfriend, greatest T&A in history, green eyes, dirty blonde hair, big luscious lips ... could suck the chrome off a trailer hitch ... she broke up with me four days before I shipped out to my first duty station at Bragg ... the bitch. I almost fapped myself to death for the next two weeks ... then I met my first wife at Bragg. She broke my bank account, made my bank account bleed twenty years later ... but not my heart.

I don't like it when whales or elephants are killed .... I see no purpose in it whatsoever. But I have no problems with killing, no qualms with it whatsoever. I've done it most of my life.

I've not lived in a big city in my entire life. The two largest were probably in the military, Fayetteville, NC and Vicenza, Italy. I mean the wife and I had condos in Honolulu and Naples when she was still working for a big multinational ... but I never considered those places as "living there." We were back and forth so much I just looked at them as three and four and five month vacations when we bounced back and forth between the two.

So strike two on your bullshit perception skills ... Kreskin or Uri Gellar, or whomever it is that you are claiming to be that affords you these extra sensory perception skills of yours.

What I do, where I live, is on my 600+ acre chicken farm with 16 chicken houses that currently have about half a million chickens in them, some of which may eventually end-up in your fat ass no doubt.

In the lower pasture I have, right now, 71 head of grass fed red Angus grazing. We'll be moving them up to the upper pasture this week ... where the big pond is, where the breeding pair of eagles have nested ... we need them up there before the heat sets in for the summer and before we head to our place on Devil's Lake in Michigan later this month through mid July.

So .... again, you're full of bravo sierra.

Next comes the bit about the NWTF guys being bleeding hearts. There couldn't be a more false accusation. They're all good guys. Hell, even the chubby blonde event planning lady is as staunchly Conservative as the rest of us. Hardcore conservatives, hunters, fishermen. Being a conservationist does not make one a libtard. Plenty of us are into game management ... numbnuts. So careful who you call a bleeding heart liberal ... you never know when you'll do it to the wrong man irl and he'll make you pay for flapping those gums of yours.

So I dunno ... am I telling the truth? Or were you?

I'm calling you a liar.

In the meantime I've got a call-in to **** ********, a very well respected turkey biologist who specializes in their north American existence and habitat and has written a number of papers on every aspect of the north american wild turkey ... I met him at a fundraiser ... and we'll see who is full of [bleep].

**** is very familiar with the bald eagle population in this state as well, along with the other dozen predatory birds we have here.

Lol ... I wanna hear all about these birds plucking innocent babies from their mother's arms and murdering turkeys just for the sake of killing.

I've been all over the world. Fought in places that had every kind of dangerous critter known to man and one thing I learned ... no wild single species kills randomly or for sport on this planet except for one ... man. Humans. Are there occasionally rogues in various species that get pissed-off and exact revenge for something or other? Absolutely, I've seen it from both a big cat in South America and a big brownie in Alaska. But it is humans that do what some of you are claiming ... not birds.

:::::::: long pause :::::::

So my call was returned. We spoke a long time. Really fun conversation. Great guy. I blanked out his name because he just doesn't have the time to field a bunch of calls from the Internet.

What he told me was, and he used a lot of big words that I'll never be able to spell much less remember or pronounce but ... I'll do my best to keep it short and sweet and in layman's terms.

So the Golden eagles have been known to hit a turkey or two but the north American turkey population is in no way in danger .... not even close. It is thriving and thriving everywhere.

I was wrong in a previous post about yotes and pigs and fireants killing more turkeys than anything .... the actual answer is raccoons and it's not even close. They are the number one turkey predator on this continent.

We both laughed at the claims of eagles killing infant children .... it's all BS. He said there was a 3D fake video made some years ago that was bogus that is apparently what everyone is referencing. And that maybe an Osprey attacked someone on a beach some years ago and scratched that person ... but all the rest of the stories are legend and myth.

He had a long scientific name for what the eagles are doing to the sheep ... he said turkeys do the same thing when teaching their young to look for food, etc., except it's bugs instead of sheep.

I mean the conversation went on and on ... great guy.

I am absolutely lulzing at every idiot who claims these eagles are vicious murdering child killing for sport predators.

We even talked about what a huge mistake it is going to be if Idaho allows 90% of the wolves up there to be slaughtered. And we talked about the wild horse slaughter.

I've always been fairly convinced that humans, as a whole, are idiots. Some in this thread, and a couple of you PMing me claiming I have no compassion for the innocent children being slaughtered by eagles .... ho li [bleep] have you reinforced my belief that a great many humans are walking talking embicles. I'm tempted to publish your names and PMs to this thread just to illustrate to the other sane ones out here what fricking fruitcakes you are. Lol

Last edited by SCRooster; 06/07/21. Reason: Corrected autocorrect correction that was incorrect

What you think about, you do ... what you do, you become.
In a nation where anything goes ... eventually, everything will. We're almost there.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MOGC
PETA? BTW, the biggest issue for turkeys are the nest robbers. Particularly raccoons. If raccoons were people they would all be in prison, they are thugs of the first order. We need more trappers willing to trap nest robbers like coons and skunks. Same for crow hunters, dang crows pillage a turkey next too.

Yep ... you nailed that. It is raccoons big time. I've never been a fan of coon hunting because it is not humane imho but I have no problem taking them out.

In a nation where anything goes ... eventually, everything will. We're almost there.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

I've always been fairly convinced that humans, as a whole, are idiots.

Not sure what else you rambled on about. Not gonna read a novel, but you certainly seem to fit your own criteria.

I read everything from you that I needed to when you wrote this gem:

seriously, that sheep farmer in Idaho has done something to anger those birds ... they sending him a message. There is more to that story than anyone is letting-on. Eagles live in harmony with humans ... that sheep farmer did something to those birds. And it's not because of the late ice, that's bravo sierra.

I'm interested in exactly when eagles got emotions, the ability to reason, and far beyond that, the ability to plot and execute revenge.

Perhaps your next novel can enlighten us.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by gitem_12
eagles, should have a bounty on them

A friend of mine said that in the 60s when he started elk hunting in Colorado golden eagles did have a bounty of them.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I've never been a fan of coon hunting because it is not humane imho

Really?

Write us a novel about how coon hunting isn't humane. We are all on the edge of our seats. smile

In the meantime, here's something for you to get upset over...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by urbaneruralite
Raptors have done well for years now. Pretty sure they're part of the reason wild turkey populations are struggling.

No doubt about it .

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
So might I ask once again ... where are these turkey populations that are decreasing that some of you speak of?

Be specific if you don't mind. At least name the states and provide some links ... or it didn't frickin' happen boys.

Pesticides, yeah maybe. Fireants, wild pigs and yotes ... yeah, no doubt.

But it's not the birds of prey. So just stop it.

In the meantime I'll tell you what I'll do. I'll call over and talk to a friend of mine higher up at the WTF and see if I can come over for a visit and view his latest population numbers ... perhaps he'll even let me take a picture of his wall. I wanna hear all about these murdering damn bald eagles decimating the turkey populations across the land.

Lol

youre wrong. the duck hunting along our river has drastically been altered in quality in the last 8 -10 years. we routinely have eagles perching in trees above decoys, hell i have ahd them dive bomb dekes thinking they were real birds. hawks, owls, eagls all need to be managed through killing just like every other predator

Agree 100%

We had seven bald eagles around us and in a field last year. Crazy that these things are protected. In discussing with our landowner he said to just shoot them. I told him I didn't want to go to prison, but thought about it.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
So might I ask once again ... where are these turkey populations that are decreasing that some of you speak of?

Be specific if you don't mind. At least name the states and provide some links ... or it didn't frickin' happen boys.

Pesticides, yeah maybe. Fireants, wild pigs and yotes ... yeah, no doubt.

But it's not the birds of prey. So just stop it.

In the meantime I'll tell you what I'll do. I'll call over and talk to a friend of mine higher up at the WTF and see if I can come over for a visit and view his latest population numbers ... perhaps he'll even let me take a picture of his wall. I wanna hear all about these murdering damn bald eagles decimating the turkey populations across the land.

Lol

We have a fraction of the wild turkey we once had in my area of Missouri. Eagles have been a part of that decline.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I'm interested in exactly when eagles got emotions, the ability to reason, and far beyond that, the ability to plot and execute revenge.

Nah ... I'll spare you the lesson. You already know everything there is to know about wildlife, nature, animal instincts, etc. And you've already admitted your ADD issues and reading comprehension issues ... so nah, it would be a waste of my time.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Nah ... I'll spare you the lesson. You already know everything there is to know about wildlife, nature, animal instincts, etc. And you've already admitted your ADD issues and reading comprehension issues ... so nah, it would be a waste of my time.

It'd sure be a waste of your time. We agree on something. Finally.

Bet I have a tad more experience than you with wildlife though. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Local guy lost a calf a few years back.

The calf (remains of) was found across the river, at the base of an old snag tree with an eagle nest in the top of it.

The calf was a very small newborn. The eagles were goldens.

And yes, it has always been known that bald eagles will steal lambs and baby goats, or fawns, or cats, or small dogs, or elk calves, etc, etc. 'Tis why Elmer used to shoot them.

That's true ... but they don't do enough damage for it to matter. The incidents are few and far between.

So you've always been a reasonable poster. And since I am ignoring the idiots who claim birds do not feel anger or exact revenge .... here's a question for any reasonable person reading this thread.

Ever had a bird dive bomb you? I mean randomly pick you out of a crowd and just get after you? Happens along our beaches all the time. We see it along the SC coast all the time but it is so random and kinda vicious when it happens it has puzzled people for awhile.

Indians had these legends about Thunderbirds ... I'm half Texan, this family that used to work on my grandparent's ranch back in the 50s told me about the Thunderbirds of legend. Always peaked my interest.

You see actual bird attacks on YouTube these days ... usually it's a bird getting after one specific kid, daily sometimes ... people always speculate why. Well, birds do it to dogs too ... we've all seen it right? They just get a case of the ass at one thing and they hold a grudge for a long time.

Ever wonder what that is and why they do it?

Last edited by SCRooster; 06/07/21.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by jaguartx
that wouldn't be bleeding fart preservationism and is too logical for big city folks like Screwster.

Well, just to illustrate your ignorance in as clear and concise of a mental picture as possible ....

My heart bleeds for nothing except my family, close friends and loved ones ... and my dogs, my horses. And I had this pet chicken one time back in the 50s that I saved from the slaughter .... but, other than that, nah, my heart doesn't bleed.

My heart "broke" (didn't bleed) one time, just graduated from college and was about to take my commission and my girlfriend, greatest T&A in history, green eyes, dirty blonde hair, big luscious lips ... could suck the chrome off a trailer hitch ... she broke up with me four days before I shipped out to my first duty station at Bragg ... the bitch. I almost fapped myself to death for the next two weeks ... then I met my first wife at Bragg. She broke my bank account, made my bank account bleed twenty years later ... but not my heart.

I don't like it when whales or elephants are killed .... I see no purpose in it whatsoever. But I have no problems with killing, no qualms with it whatsoever. I've done it most of my life.

I've not lived in a big city in my entire life. The two largest were probably in the military, Fayetteville, NC and Vicenza, Italy. I mean the wife and I had condos in Honolulu and Naples when she was still working for a big multinational ... but I never considered those places as "living there." We were back and forth so much I just looked at them as three and four and five month vacations when we bounced back and forth between the two.

So strike two on your bullshit perception skills ... Kreskin or Uri Gellar, or whomever it is that you are claiming to be that affords you these extra sensory perception skills of yours.

What I do, where I live, is on my 600+ acre chicken farm with 16 chicken houses that currently have about half a million chickens in them, some of which may eventually end-up in your fat ass no doubt.

In the lower pasture I have, right now, 71 head of grass fed red Angus grazing. We'll be moving them up to the upper pasture this week ... where the big pond is, where the breeding pair of eagles have nested ... we need them up there before the heat sets in for the summer and before we head to our place on Devil's Lake in Michigan later this month through mid July.

So .... again, you're full of bravo sierra.

Next comes the bit about the NWTF guys being bleeding hearts. There couldn't be a more false accusation. They're all good guys. Hell, even the chubby blonde event planning lady is as staunchly Conservative as the rest of us. Hardcore conservatives, hunters, fishermen. Being a conservationist does not make one a libtard. Plenty of us are into game management ... numbnuts. So careful who you call a bleeding heart liberal ... you never know when you'll do it to the wrong man irl and he'll make you pay for flapping those gums of yours.

So I dunno ... am I telling the truth? Or were you?

I'm calling you a liar.

In the meantime I've got a call-in to **** ********, a very well respected turkey biologist who specializes in their north American existence and habitat and has written a number of papers on every aspect of the north american wild turkey ... I met him at a fundraiser ... and we'll see who is full of [bleep].

**** is very familiar with the bald eagle population in this state as well, along with the other dozen predatory birds we have here.

Lol ... I wanna hear all about these birds plucking innocent babies from their mother's arms and murdering turkeys just for the sake of killing.

I've been all over the world. Fought in places that had every kind of dangerous critter known to man and one thing I learned ... no wild single species kills randomly or for sport on this planet except for one ... man. Humans. Are there occasionally rogues in various species that get pissed-off and exact revenge for something or other? Absolutely, I've seen it from both a big cat in South America and a big brownie in Alaska. But it is humans that do what some of you are claiming ... not birds.

:::::::: long pause :::::::

So my call was returned. We spoke a long time. Really fun conversation. Great guy. I blanked out his name because he just doesn't have the time to field a bunch of calls from the Internet.

What he told me was, and he used a lot of big words that I'll never be able to spell much less remember or pronounce but ... I'll do my best to keep it short and sweet and in layman's terms.

So the Golden eagles have been known to hit a turkey or two but the north American turkey population is in no way in danger .... not even close. It is thriving and thriving everywhere.

I was wrong in a previous post about yotes and pigs and fireants killing more turkeys than anything .... the actual answer is raccoons and it's not even close. They are the number one turkey predator on this continent.

We both laughed at the claims of eagles killing infant children .... it's all BS. He said there was a 3D fake video made some years ago that was bogus that is apparently what everyone is referencing. And that maybe an Osprey attacked someone on a beach some years ago and scratched that person ... but all the rest of the stories are legend and myth.

He had a long scientific name for what the eagles are doing to the sheep ... he said turkeys do the same thing when teaching their young to look for food, etc., except it's bugs instead of sheep humping sister bangers.

I mean the conversation went on and on ... great guy.

I am absolutely lulzing at every idiot who claims these eagles are vicious murdering child killing for sport predators.

We even talked about what a huge mistake it is going to be if Idaho allows 90% of the wolves up there to be slaughtered. And we talked about the wild horse slaughter.

I've always been fairly convinced that humans, as a whole, are idiots. Some in this thread, and a couple of you PMing me claiming I have no compassion for the innocent children being slaughtered by eagles .... ho li [bleep] have you reinforced my belief that a great many humans are walking talking embicles. I'm tempted to publish your names and PMs to this thread just to illustrate to the other sane ones out here what fricking fruitcakes you are. Lol

Great post/curb stomp.

Last edited by BuckHaggard; 06/07/21.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
youre wrong. the duck hunting along our river has drastically been altered in quality in the last 8 -10 years. we routinely have eagles perching in trees above decoys, hell i have ahd them dive bomb dekes thinking they were real birds. hawks, owls, eagls all need to be managed through killing just like every other predator

No, friend, you're wrong.

The predatory birds may be there hunting the ducks like they have been for 1000s of years, I don't doubt that ... but the predatory birds are not having any negative impact on other wild birds.

That's not how nature works.

No species in the wild will eradicate its food source to the point of causing its own extinction. Not even viruses and bacterium have the ability to completely kill off humans because humans will always have at least a small segment of its population survive through natural immunity.

It cannot happen in nature. It is a virtual impossibility. What some of you are describing, or claiming, is that there are now more predatory birds in the wild than there are food source birds on which they feed ... or you are claiming a 10:1 ration even ... or 100:1 or whatever, and that is virtually impossible.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (12344mag, 1lessdog, 1234, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 160user, 60 invisible), 2,380 guests, and 1,152 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,519
Posts18,491,007
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.