Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
2ndwind: Paid to go see this movie twice on the big screen and have watched it at home at least 5 times.
I have it on DVR and show it to my house guests often - everyone seems to enjoy it.
I enjoy it and give it a moderate general rating of 83 out of a possible 100.
I have been through and to the Wind River country (and Reservation) many times - it is beautiful country.
Jeremy Renner, I think, is a great actor (under-rated?) as well as Jon Bernthal and Gil Birmingham (the Indian father of the victim).
Several good actors in the movie and I am glad it made the producers some profit (Cost $11,000,000.00 and its made $45,000,000.00 so far!).
The "Wind country" of Wyoming is well worth the effort to get there!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
siskel and vg.......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JoeBob
I just watched it again the other day. It is an enjoyable movie.

If you watch the reloading scene and look at the powder on the shelf, there is actually a pound of IMR-3031 up there. That’s a pretty good detail as that it is one of the best 45-70 powders.

Except for the part where he was weighing each bullet before reloading each round. 😬

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The gal that played the murder victim is the same little hottie Chinese gal that plays an Indian on the Paramount series “Yellowstone”

Overall, it’s a very good flick. I’ve watched it several times.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 06/07/21.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Good movie. If I remember correctly, there were several folks from the Longmire series in it.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Good movie. If I remember correctly, there were several folks from the Longmire series in it.

Yep.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Except for the part where he was weighing each bullet before reloading each round. 😬

I don't remember that scene, so I don't recall where those were jacketed or cast bullets, but either way, one of my friends who shot BR competitively did that with his match bullets and I damned sure did it with my heavy cast bullets 'cause that was the only way to determine which had air pockets that might be off center affecting accuracy .. sometimes pretty badly. It is worth doing on the GBL / GSBL / guide guns ... I've never owned one that wasn't a sub MOA rifle.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by T_O_M

I don't remember that scene, so I don't recall where those were jacketed or cast bullets, but either way, one of my friends who shot BR competitively did that with his match bullets and I damned sure did it with my heavy cast bullets 'cause that was the only way to determine which had air pockets that might be off center affecting accuracy .. sometimes pretty badly. It is worth doing on the GBL / GSBL / guide guns ... I've never owned one that wasn't a sub MOA rifle.

Yep. I’ve seen Match Shooters to that. He was loading jacketed hunting bullets. Big waste of time.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

If you watch the reloading scene and look at the powder on the shelf, there is actually a pound of IMR-3031 up there. That’s a pretty good detail as that it is one of the best 45-70 powders.

He worked the mouth of that case to death.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
Originally Posted by stxhunter
good flick.

'cept thepart about shooting through the wall of a trailer at 150yds and slamming the guy into the far wall...

Was the guy shot wearing armor?

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SheriffJoe

He worked the mouth of that case to death.

Yep. I’d forgotten about that.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

same as dances with wolves.....

2ndwind Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by huntsman22

One of the things I liked about Wind River vs Dances with Wolves was that there were "bad guy" Indians in WR.... not the case in DWW.

Please don't feed the trolls!
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
“I wanted to sing my Death Song, but there is no one to teach me how”

Most depressing line in the movie. Sums up the plight of people who have lost their culture.

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I watched it a long time ago. Good movie. So is Hell or High Water.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 2ndwind

One of the things I liked about Wind River vs Dances with Wolves was that there were "bad guy" Indians in WR.... not the case in DWW.

I thought Wes Studi was good as the Pawnee villain.

Wind River is an excellent flick, IMHO in part because it freely references Indians murdering other Indians, as in the central character's late teenage daughter.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by 2ndwind

Sometimes I wonder if boomers remember what they watched.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

From the trailer posted it looks like Gil Birmingham who plays Chief Thomas Rainwater in the Yellowstone TV series is in Wind River, too, though not as well dressed and groomed as he is in Yellowstone.

Jeremy Renner has some pretty impressive athletic skills (fast forward to the 3:10 mark) :

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by T_O_M

Yep. I’ve seen Match Shooters to that. He was loading jacketed hunting bullets. Big waste of time.

His time to be used how he wishes. Lol.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
yeah. he probably cleaned the primer pockets, too.....

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

169 members (69sportfury, 2500HD, 160user, 01Foreman400, 300s, 2UP, 12 invisible), 1,631 guests, and 965 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,624
Posts18,474,085
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.