Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Not much on Sweden lately with their unique hands off approach to Covid. I found this:
"Sweden set to begin easing coronavirus restrictions"
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/wor...asing-coronavirus-restrictions-1.4579797

OK, so what else?

"Sweden will on Tuesday become the last Nordic country to begin easing coronavirus restrictions, even though the Scandinavian nation continues to have one of the highest infection rates in Europe."

But!

"Sweden has the second-highest number of Covid-19 cases per capita in the EU, having previously been the worst-affected country, although it is much better placed on hospitalizations and deaths"

So, buried at the bottom of the article is the significant truth: Swedes might have gotten the virus at a rate higher than neighboring countries, but they didn't require hospitalization or have the % of deaths as other countries.

I went to the WHO site to confirm, and sure enough, it's true. Sweden has claimed 1.1 million cases, and 14,400 deaths. Belgium has claimed 1 million cases and 25,000 deaths.The Netherlands claim 1.6 million cases and 17,600 deaths. Naturally, UK, France, and Germany have many more cases and deaths due to larger population. Interestingly, I can find no numbers for neighboring Norway or Finland.

What does this tell us? If you followed Sweden at all, they had an early outbreak that got into nursing homes and elderly care facilities in and around Stockholm at the start of the pandemic. They had a spike in deaths early on. After they got that under control, hospitalizations and deaths dropped to numbers at or below other European countries that fully locked down. Testing revealed the virus did spread in Sweden, but at a rate seen in neighboring countries. This did not correlate to an increased rate of hospitalizations or deaths.

Conclusion? Pretty easy to say that discounting the early surge in the elderly population that was contained as soon as they got a handle on it, Sweden's approach got the same results as the lock down neighbors. Even the neighboring countries that fully locked down had variations in infections numbers percentageand deaths.

Before I turn this over to the peanut gallery, full disclosure, I have lost several relatives including my Stepmother and first cousin to Covid, as well as several friends. Had my lifelong best friend hospitalized for more than a week with it last month including. My wife and son had it. Respiratory viruses can be brutal on some people. I'm not a denier. OTOH, knowing how viruses work and spread, I am not surprised one bit by these findings. I am sure the MSM will never draw the same conclusion as I have:

1.) Lockdowns and masks did virtually nothing to stop the spread of the virus. It merely prolonged the pandemic until a combination of natural immunity and vaccinations limited the number of hosts available for the virus, and the result is a precipitous drop in new cases. That is where we seem to be now on the curve.

2.) Island nations fared better because they could isolate themselves, and isolate infected individuals early and contain the virus in their countries. Japan, and New Zealand for example.

3.) The numbers that The WHO posts for China are farcical. (91,000 cases and 4,400 deaths? Don't insult our intelligence! ) Unless China vaccinated their entire population before the virus got loose, OR the virus genetically doesn't like Asians, there is NO WAY those numbers are accurate. Multiply by 100 at a minimum.

4.) Politicians took the early hospital crisis and focus on hospitalizations and deaths and morphed it into this huge concern about the number of cases, and not about the number the deaths or health care's ability to manage and treat cases. That was misguided, because (see #5)

5.) Once the virus got out of Wuhan, there was no containing it (except in island countries like Japan or New Zealand)

6.) Viruses do what viruses do. They seek vulnerable hosts to invade and replicate. They continue until they run out of hosts.

7.) The US response was political, and media driven. We criticize Faucci (with good reason) but let's be honest, the US still turns to Europe for example and approval in almost any crisis. If Europe hadn't mostly locked down, the US would not have had this level of shutdown. If Italy hadn't botched the initial stage, the West probably wouldn't have overreacted as badly.

8.) I predict that Sweden's approach will continue to be misrepresented because of their early deaths in the elderly, and the focus on number of positive tests. The MSM will ignore that Sweden fared about the same as the rest of Europe in hospitalizations and deaths. Sweden tested everybody they could. Tanzania has low numbers reported because they did almost NO testing. That's the correlation. Look harder = find more. Test more than neighbors, find more than neighbors.

Let us all be aware that these are based on WHO numbers that are reported to them by the various countries. Nobody says the number are accurate or have been verified or that all countries us the same criteria for infection, hospitalizations and mortalities.

I will be interested to see what the US and World does the next time we have a serious flu season. Masks? Shutdowns? If we have them, it will not be because those things were proven effective, it will be because they were accepted.

(moved from ar forum)

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
https://townhall.com/columnists/sco...-could-have-possibly-been-given-n2590551

This article supports that approach. Apparently, Fauci received an email early on that suggested containment as a strategy was bound to fail. The emailer said to just isolate the more vulnerable segments of the population and allow the rest of the people to continue with life as usual. This clearly was the better response, especially since the virus is a lot less lethal than we were originally led to believe. From the email to Fauci:

"I wanted to convey an idea I had with regard to the coronavirus. It seems to me that trying to contain the virus as we are doing at present will be futile. Since the virus can be present for many days without a person having any symptoms, you would literally need to test everyone at the same time to determine who has it--an impossible task.

I have a different thought. We know that the virus is especially dangerous for the old and/or immunosuppressed. IMO we should be focusing all of our efforts on keeping that group from becoming infected. To do so that group should be encouraged to self-isolate, to limit their social interactions and other groups should be instructed to avoid them. Sort of a reverse-quarantine idea. All testing would be done within those groups and all groups would also be encouraged to continue with the hygienic suggestions they've already received.

The problem right now is that the media has created a panic. Last night my wife and I went to the local Whole Foods and many of the shelves were empty and healthy younger people were wearing masks. The message is not getting out that the virus is almost solely dangerous to the elderly and immunosuppressed. [Why aren't the demographics being released? That in itself could calm many people.] With my suggestion, exposures to them would be diminished, significantly reducing the number of deaths, as well as the potential impact on hospitals. Any person outside of that group that was severely affected could be identified and treated. Quarantining otherwise healthy people outside of those groups who finally demonstrate symptoms--like the NBA players--is ridiculous. They are likely to get the sniffles and have also already spread the virus. As long as they're not spreading it to the endangered group we should not worry about it. In sum, we need to isolate the vulnerable and realize that the mortality rate for people outside of that group is likely lower than the flu.

Of course, while this occurs we are working on finding treatments and vaccines. But sending home workers who have next to no likelihood of being significantly impacted by this virus is ridiculous. The virus hits hardest the old and infirm, two groups that are most likely NOT to even be in the workforce! To me, this solution is a lot simpler than what is being tried right now and is much more likely of success. To everyone besides the endangered group, this virus is literally less dangerous than the flu. There is no reason that anyone outside of the endangered group should have any concern at all and we need to make that clear. Please let me know what you think."

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
https://townhall.com/columnists/sco...-could-have-possibly-been-given-n2590551

This article supports that approach. Apparently, Fauci received an email early on that suggested containment as a strategy was bound to fail. The emailer said to just isolate the more vulnerable segments of the population and allow the rest of the people to continue with life as usual. This clearly was the better response, especially since the virus is a lot less lethal than we were originally led to believe. From the email to Fauci:

"I wanted to convey an idea I had with regard to the coronavirus. It seems to me that trying to contain the virus as we are doing at present will be futile. Since the virus can be present for many days without a person having any symptoms, you would literally need to test everyone at the same time to determine who has it--an impossible task.

I have a different thought. We know that the virus is especially dangerous for the old and/or immunosuppressed. IMO we should be focusing all of our efforts on keeping that group from becoming infected. To do so that group should be encouraged to self-isolate, to limit their social interactions and other groups should be instructed to avoid them. Sort of a reverse-quarantine idea. All testing would be done within those groups and all groups would also be encouraged to continue with the hygienic suggestions they've already received.

The problem right now is that the media has created a panic. Last night my wife and I went to the local Whole Foods and many of the shelves were empty and healthy younger people were wearing masks. The message is not getting out that the virus is almost solely dangerous to the elderly and immunosuppressed. [Why aren't the demographics being released? That in itself could calm many people.] With my suggestion, exposures to them would be diminished, significantly reducing the number of deaths, as well as the potential impact on hospitals. Any person outside of that group that was severely affected could be identified and treated. Quarantining otherwise healthy people outside of those groups who finally demonstrate symptoms--like the NBA players--is ridiculous. They are likely to get the sniffles and have also already spread the virus. As long as they're not spreading it to the endangered group we should not worry about it. In sum, we need to isolate the vulnerable and realize that the mortality rate for people outside of that group is likely lower than the flu.

Of course, while this occurs we are working on finding treatments and vaccines. But sending home workers who have next to no likelihood of being significantly impacted by this virus is ridiculous. The virus hits hardest the old and infirm, two groups that are most likely NOT to even be in the workforce! To me, this solution is a lot simpler than what is being tried right now and is much more likely of success. To everyone besides the endangered group, this virus is literally less dangerous than the flu. There is no reason that anyone outside of the endangered group should have any concern at all and we need to make that clear. Please let me know what you think."

I agree with you.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Elementary.

Faukki was in on the plan with Zero and the deep state.

He first said it would cause no problem for the US. DOD funded Wuhan with $39 million.
Zero lifted gain of function restrictions 11days before Trump took office.
Next, he said Trump was crazy for closing international travel. Later he said Cuomos method of killing old folks in nursing homes was the perfect move rather than using Javits center or the Comfort ship.
Then, while knowing Hydroxychloroquine worked, he said it didnt. Knowing Hydroxychloroquine was safe, he said it wasnt.

Now, he says to get the vaccine. Sheesh. You think people could figure something out.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It comes down to vaccination rates. If certain percentage of population does not become vaccinated Covid will be back in force in about three months time.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If Italy hadn't botched the initial stage, the West probably wouldn't have overreacted as badly
Much of Italy's problems were Chinese and designer clothing. Italy has rigid laws about labeling. There's huge money in the 'Made in Italy' market and there are a bunch of Chinese companies operating in in northern Italy using the label. They bring their own people from China to work in sweatshops and they live in overcrowded barracks, many thousands of them. They regularly commute to China and back. These people got hammered because of their living and working conditions and from continually rotating to China to bring in fresh supplies of the virus. Italians in the area also live very close together and they have a lot of older people. The virus quickly spread to the local population. It was devastating in nursing and retirement homes.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Slavek
It comes down to vaccination rates. If certain percentage of population does not become vaccinated Covid will be back in force in about three months time.

lol

How long is the vaccine good for?

3 months? 6 months? 7 months?

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Where were the tests used in Sweden manufactured? Asking because I don't want to spend the time to find out.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sweden’s biggest problem is African migrants. As you would imagine crime has skyrocketed. They have a small police force and we’re not prepared . Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
IC B3

rte Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Slavek

Three months.lol

Hey Slave,you really are an idiot.

Your post smacks of an excuse for the failure of these so-called vaccines.

If these vaccines did their job,the people who have received the shot should have immunity.

Communist Goals

26. Present homosexuality and degeneracy as normal.
27. Discredit the Bible.
28. Eliminate prayer in the schools.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1561529/posts
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Elementary.

Faukki was in on the plan with Zero and the deep state.

He first said it would cause no problem for the US. DOD funded Wuhan with $39 million.
Zero lifted gain of function restrictions 11days before Trump took office.
Next, he said Trump was crazy for closing international travel. Later he said Cuomos method of killing old folks in nursing homes was the perfect move rather than using Javits center or the Comfort ship.
Then, while knowing Hydroxychloroquine worked, he said it didnt. Knowing Hydroxychloroquine was safe, he said it wasnt.

Now, he says to get the vaccine. Sheesh. You think people could figure something out.

I read a 2008 ± paper on SARS that Faucci co-authered that talked of the effectiveness of hydroxychlorquine, yet in 2020 none of them were for it even though Covid shares 79%± of the same code that SARS has. Incredible.

As for gain of function, don't these people watch Sci-Fi movies? "Let's phouc with this virus and make it nastier just to see if we can do it. What can go wrong?"

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
rte Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Scientist Who Told Fauci Wuhan Coronavirus Was ‘Potentially Engineered’ Is Deleting Tweets.

An NIH grant recipient and scientist who emailed Dr. Anthony Fauci in January 2020 to explain that Wuhan coronavirus was "potentially engineered" in a lab has deleted thousands of tweets and deactivated his account.

"On a phylogenetic tree the virus looks totally normal and the close clustering with bats suggest that bats serve as the reservoir. The unusual features of the virus make up a really small part of the genome (<0.1%) so one has to look really closely at all the sequences to see that some of the features (potentially) look engineered," Kristian Andersen said on January 31, 2020.

Now, he doesn't want to talk about it.

From the Epoch Times:
A scientist who emailed top U.S. infectious diseases official Dr. Anthony Fauci about COVID-19 being possibly engineered in a laboratory suddenly deactivated his Twitter account over the past weekend.

Over the past weekend, users on Twitter noted that Andersen—who had deleted thousands of tweets in recent days—deleted his account. The Epoch Times has contacted the social media platform for comment. A spokesperson for Twitter told news outlets that his “account was deactivated by the user. No action was taken on Twitter’s part.”

David Baltimore, the President Emeritus and Distinguished Professor of Biology at the California Institute of Technology, told the Wall Street Journal over the past weekend that the email from Andersen is a smoking gun and “a powerful challenge to the idea of a natural origin for SARS2,” referring to another term for the CCP virus.

Meanwhile, Republicans on Capitol Hill want Dr. Fauci to testify under oath about the origins of Wuhan coronavirus and want answers about whether NIH funding led to the development of the disease through dangerous gain-of-function experiments.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katie...gineered-is-covering-his-tracks-n2590569

Communist Goals

26. Present homosexuality and degeneracy as normal.
27. Discredit the Bible.
28. Eliminate prayer in the schools.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1561529/posts
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
Sweden’s biggest problem is African migrants.

Not really. Africans cause problems wherever they go, but focusing on their immigration into Sweden would be addressing a symptom rather than a cause.

To fix the problem, Swedes will need to deal with the people who normalized and facilitated importing all of these savages into a White country.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fauci saying HCQ and Ivermectin did not work has killed millions.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
“… Republicans on Capitol Hill want Dr. Fauci to testify under oath…”

Sure, why not. He’s honest and trustworthy. /sarc

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Chinese, like politicians (including in the medical field), lie.

It's what they do.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by hatari

I read a 2008 ± paper on SARS that Faucci co-authered that talked of the effectiveness of hydroxychlorquine, yet in 2020 none of them were for it even though Covid shares 79%± of the same code that SARS has. Incredible.

The effectiveness of HCQ as a treatment for CoV2 was never realistically tested in 2020. The first anecdotal reports of its effectiveness came out and sounded encouraging, and then Trump jumped on the bandwagon and that was the death-knell for HCQ. The, best evidence for its effectiveness was the Ford Hospitals system's numbers in Michigan, which was of course dismissed as not being a RCT. It was a very good cohort study, but no matter. Suddenly the media insisted that only RCT's were valid scientific evidence, and every newbie Facebook Expert on Virology and Pharmacology agreed with them.

Up until late August I was avidly reading medical news and journals, looking for some definitive proof one way or the other, and I was utterly dismayed to see RCT trial after RCT being announced with glaring problems in their design. It was crystal clear that these trials were being set up to fail. Now, I'm a seasoned critic of the medical literature, but this effort on the part of multiple granting agencies around the world to produce a predetermined result shook my faith. Not my faith in science, but my faith in the integrity of the people who get paid to do science.

I haven't looked at HCQ studies since last August... what's the point? The fix was clearly in. I think we might see some real results now, if anyone actually did a real study, but I doubt the granting agencies will fund it.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The biggest problem with this entire debacle is how entrenched people became in their positions, refusing to look at new information. When the only data we had was that cruise ship, and hospitalization rates were well over 10% and mortality was 3%, it was a bit concerning. Even though that was followed up with the data from the Navy ship, with neglible negative effects, people had already staked their positions, and were defending them, no matter what.

Same with the vaccine. Once people were invested in waiting for the vaccine, the information about the impact of Vitamin d3 deficiency never got any attention. Never mind Ivermectin, HCQ, or any other preventative. Where last year the lefty press would have gone “Gaga” about holistic medicine such as vitamin c, d, zinc, selenium, etc, this year, in a bizarre role reversal, the left wing media poo-pood anything not straight from Big Governments mouth.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Didn't find the Fauci paper, but found this:

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16115318/

"Hydroxychloroquine is a potent inhibitor SARS corona virus"

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

167 members (2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 338reddog, 450yukon, 1_deuce, 45_100, 31 invisible), 2,142 guests, and 1,022 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,704
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.