Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
My 1st wife had to have a hysterectomy for an ovarian cyst. That took care of that. After she died, I remarried to a woman who'd also had one. I'm inexperienced with menopausal women.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
GB1

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I was fortunate in that, unfortunately, a pap smear indicated issues for my wife. She required surgery and the Dr. asked if there was anything else she wanted done. "Rip it all out", she replied. Menopause over and done.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I have thr utmost respect for those of you who have lived through this.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by high_country_
I have thr utmost respect for those of you who have lived through this.

Prayers for your complete recovery.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This should help you understand:

And remember Jorge's axioms:
1. The BEST one you'll ever meet (and probably marry) is a pain in the ASS
2. If they didn't have a hole, there'd be a bounty out on them....
(excluding one's mom of course0

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Mine went through it fairly early[mid 40's], hot flashes were fairly common but craziness and mood swings were pretty much the same/same.....she is a 'she' after-all.
Still the best thing to ever happen to me!

FJB & FJT
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jorgeI
This should help you understand:

And remember Jorge's axioms:
1. The BEST one you'll ever meet (and probably marry) is a pain in the ASS
2. If they didn't have a hole, there'd be a bounty out on them....
(excluding one's mom of course0

LOL!

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
My ex was so nasty before I'm glad she left before menopause.

Society of Intolerant Old Men. Rifle Slut Division
H
H
That plus Covid lock downs have caused a lot of people grief. My wife got a low dose of anti anxiety meds - dont know what it is, but she is happier, very pleasant. Her Gyno prescribed it. She had thyroid removed and partial hysterectomy which complicates it all. Big thumbs up for the meds and I am not a fan of that stuff.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I took an anthropology class in college and it was interesting because tribes that had not been exposed to the modern world and modern influence would not experience some of the same things we “know” should happen. Two of those things were PMS and menopausal crazyness. The author of the book suspects it was because the women were never told it was ok to behave poorly during those events, therefore they didn’t.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Tag to revisit in 2033.

Fear the crabcat.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
Originally Posted by smokepole
Don't worry. Post-menopausal women are much more reasonable and down to earth.
. What is the horneyness level like at that point. They say older women hit a sexual peak. I think that is a myth. The horneyness goes downhill after 18.

You been dating the wrong women. After the change they can be good to 24/7/365 with just a little romance. Except the crazy ones & chances are if they're single at that age, they're crazy.

Sacred cows make good burgers when you know what temperature to cook them at.-Rev. Billy
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by papat
Originally Posted by smokepole
Don't worry. Post-menopausal women are much more reasonable and down to earth.

Where is this true?

On the dark side of the moon. Where Ralph Kramden sent Alice.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
A book, "No, it is not hot in here."

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How are men getting women, many people wonder. Let me tell you a little bit about our organization. Wherever women are, we have a man working on the situation right now. Now, he may not be our best man, okay, we have a lot of areas to cover, but someone from our staff is on the scene. - Jerry Seinfeld

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle
I took an anthropology class in college and it was interesting because tribes that had not been exposed to the modern world and modern influence would not experience some of the same things we “know” should happen. Two of those things were PMS and menopausal crazyness. The author of the book suspects it was because the women were never told it was ok to behave poorly during those events, therefore they didn’t.

Being a woman would drive anyone nuts. Some men allow themselves to be walked all over. The problem with tolerating crazy early in a relationship is you might reach your limit before you've seen it all. You can't be twenty years in and all of a sudden decide you're not gonna tolerate. Once she births your children you're in it for the long haul, crazy and all. Some have to sift through quite a few to find one with a tolerable kind of crazy.

Not that this applies to OP. Just gonna get different answers depending on how it went with different couples.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by high_country_
So each month my 45 year old wife has gone increasingly crazy. On Wednesday I'm the greatest person alive, Friday i notice tension rising.....Saturday I nearly get divorced over a free chainsaw.

Here it is Tuesday morning and I'm back to mr wonderful status.

This has been going on for about 10 cycles but getting more intense each time.

How in the heck do you guys live through this without getting arrested or killed?

Progesterone cream rubbed on her chest. Worked for my wife and both daughters. Check it out on the 'net.
We got the info from a doctor.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
I was lucky. I’ve said before that I was blessed with a woman that had zero snakes in her head and I still stand by that. We had roughly ten years of peri-menopause. Erratic cycles, hot flashes you wouldn’t believe, finally no more cycles. Through it all she’d laugh a little about it and that was about it. No moodiness, no crying jags. We’d laugh when I told her I could scramble eggs on her thighs during a hot flash.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I got divorced in December after 25 years. My ex turns 45 next month, just saying.😉

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Buy her some menopausal and PMS meds, wrap them up nice, hand it to her saying this will help.By the time you wake up in 4-5 days,she should be evened out again

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

497 members (12344mag, 160user, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 06hunter59, 1lesfox, 40 invisible), 11,646 guests, and 1,120 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,239
Posts18,544,249
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.