-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My magazine and ballot arrived yesterday with 28 candidates listed. Serious questions for anyone that knows. Are there any listed candidates that will oppose Wayne Lapierre and openly question his malfeasance? The nominating committee put up 30 names not all of which are on the ballot. What gives with that? Will a write in vote even be counted?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Hebrew Roots Judaizer
GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Hastings
My magazine and ballot arrived yesterday with 28 candidates listed. Serious questions for anyone that knows. Are there any listed candidates that will oppose Wayne Lapierre and openly question his malfeasance? The nominating committee put up 30 names not all of which are on the ballot. What gives with that? Will a write in vote even be counted?

I see the whole charade as an opportunity to protest in writing.

For whatever that’s worth and probably very little.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I think we should put together a thread here to come up with a list of write-in names. About the only way this will be turned around is to get together an online community of reform-minded members. In this day and age, it can be done. The NRA itself is, fundamentally, too great a resource for us to just turn our backs on. We can get rid of WLP and the rest of the scumsuckers who are dragging down the NRA, but we con't accomplish it by pissing and moaning and tossing the AR in the garbage, waiting for a miracle.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If there were even 2 or 3 board members who were dissident and outspoken it could attract others who might be secretly dissident. I'm thinking Tom Gresham, Jeff Knox, and Phillip Journey have already been outspoken if they are NRA members. The write in votes will be discarded for the least issue such as having the name slightly misspelled or the city and state of principal residence not to the vote counters liking. I know it is just a dream but we could deal a little misery. The NRA ruling council is as firmly entrenched as Castro in Cuba ever was.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Hebrew Roots Judaizer
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Hastings
If there were even 2 or 3 board members who were dissident and outspoken it could attract others who might be secretly dissident. I'm thinking Tom Gresham, Jeff Knox, and Phillip Journey have already been outspoken if they are NRA members. The write in votes will be discarded for the least issue such as having the name slightly misspelled or the city and state of principal residence not to the vote counters liking. I know it is just a dream but we could deal a little misery. The NRA ruling council is as firmly entrenched as Castro in Cuba ever was.

The NRA council,,,,,,and WLP,,,,,I’m pulling for the New York DA.

That’s a helluva thing to say, I know.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1Longbow, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1234, 55 invisible), 3,195 guests, and 1,214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,665
Posts18,534,104
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.