Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by joken2

and the 4 wheel drive option really just AWD with no low range, to me it's basically just a compact 4 dr SUV

If you haven't looked at GM 1/2 ton trucks in a while you'll be in for a shocker. 2-speed transfer cases are quickly becoming a thing of the past unfortunately. The majority of 4x4 GM 1/2 tons have the glorifed mall crawler button (AWD) or 4 hi only.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You're right. Pretty much any make of new vehicle has this disastrous design mentality.

You're better off spending that money to restore a 1993 Suburban or something along those lines.

It takes a village to raise an idiot.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rem141r
not sure what purpose it serves. that bed is all but useless for anything besides some bags of mulch.

And that is exactly who will buy this: Gardeners, dog owners, kayakers, city folks who want to haul occasionally.....suburban folks who don't want an F350 10 liter'd beast.

I'm not a huge Ford fan,or even a fan of 'hybrid' anything, but this concept is a winner for many Americans.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
What kind of quality can we get out of our COVID reduced work forces and the new hires that so many companies will have?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Cluggins
What kind of quality can we get out of our COVID reduced work forces and the new hires that so many companies will have?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by broomd
not sure what purpose it serves. that bed is all but useless for anything besides some bags of mulch.

And that is exactly who will buy this: Gardeners, dog owners, kayakers, city folks who want to haul occasionally.....suburban folks who don't want an F350 10 liter'd beast.

I'm not a huge Ford fan,or even a fan of 'hybrid' anything, but this concept is a winner for many Americans.

Again, time will tell I guess but the passenger car based vehicles with small truck beds thing is not anything new and none of those previous versions lasted in the U.S. market.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Barney_Fife
Originally Posted by Cluggins

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

That’s perfect for the Duck of Death . Should hold a nice supply of PPE in the back plus golf clubs

LOL

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I

Again, time will tell I guess but the passenger car based vehicles with small truck beds thing is not anything new and none of those previous versions lasted in the U.S. market.

I don't know that I can agree with that. The Ranchero was built for 22 years, and the El Camino for longer.

But they were not a "pickup" let alone a truck. They were passenger cars converted to a single seat and the trunk lid removed.

As are every other similar attempt mentioned in this thread, and as is this new Ford.

The new Maverick would make make a viable replacement for the Subaru Wagon, without the benefit of water proof cargo area.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

I don't know that I can agree with that. The Ranchero was built for 22 years, and the El Camino for longer.

But they were not a "pickup" let alone a truck. They were passenger cars converted to a single seat and the trunk lid removed.

As are every other similar attempt mentioned in this thread, and as is this new Ford.

The new Maverick would make make a viable replacement for the Subaru Wagon, without the benefit of water proof cargo area.

True about the Ranchero and El Camino but their longevity was more about the available options, muscle-car styling, car-like ride and high performance V8 engines so popular in that era than anything else. Also, unlike nowadays, traditional trucks of that era were by design relatively basic work dedicated vehicles.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by ringworm
Current Ford's are garbage.
LMAO - one man's opinion.

Lariat badging on the ranger is just that, badging.
Manual passenger seat adjustment, manual rear window, drop tailgate (no shocks)

You've not checked 'em lately, have you? The Lariat version comes quite loaded by itself. Adding one major package gives you everything anyone needs... They have heated & cooled front seats, heated rear seats (CC ) , powered mirrors (in/out & extended), powered rear window, all other windows, powered adjusted pedals and steering wheel, assisted lift tailgate with step and grab bar. Etc., etc.. +++++++...

Some people prefer ignorant prejudice. That way they don't have to consider the facts.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
I had a 1972 Chevy, shortbox, stepside, which would be considered a compact truck in today's market. I drove it for twelve years. If Toyota or Nissan or Mazda just made the trucks they made in the early '90's, with no bells and whistles and with minor improvements, we could have good compact trucks. They would need to lock the electrical engineers and computer geeks out of the room during the design phase and rely more on mechanics for input. GD

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by viking
It’s about time someone came out with a little pickup again that gets some decent mileage.

Not everyone needs a 40k truck or a diesel to pull stumps.

40K? For the truck I want I would pay 40K all day long.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
my 15 f250 xl has heated seats. i just need to hit the taco bell first.

Hit Taco Bell first then Taco Bell hits back. laugh laugh laugh

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by jackmountain
We need the diesel Hilux.

Finally.... The voice of reason....

I am not a Ford fan. However, if Ford can deliver that truck in base trim with solid 40 mpg for $20K OTD, I would be interested. Perfect parts runner. I would much rather drive that Maverick around town filling gas cans, chasing hardware, a couple bags of sackrete, etc, than a Prius or my current diesel Dodge.

However, as above, really wish Toyota would just sell current model diesel Hilux trucks in the U.S. like they do every other market in the world...

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Originally Posted by jackmountain
We need the diesel Hilux.

Finally.... The voice of reason....

I am not a Ford fan. However, if Ford can deliver that truck in base trim with solid 40 mpg for $20K OTD, I would be interested. Perfect parts runner. I would much rather drive that Maverick around town filling gas cans, chasing hardware, a couple bags of sackrete, etc, than a Prius or my current diesel Dodge.

However, as above, really wish Toyota would just sell current model diesel Hilux trucks in the U.S. like they do every other market in the world...

I’m sure they’d love to.
Thank LBJ’s chicken tax firstly for the 25% tariff on light trucks and US automakers who felt they needed an “advantage” over foreign makers so they wouldn’t have to compete against reliability and bullet proof dependability. Wish Toyota would jump into mid duty trucks and offer a 3/4 and 1 ton truck.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Diesel land cruiser 70 series even mo betta….
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Ford Maverick? JFC….rolled up jean cuffs, pre distressed work boots, man buns and stay home dads. As Conrad would say, Gayer than aids.

Last edited by jackmountain; 06/26/21.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by greydog
I had a 1972 Chevy, shortbox, stepside, which would be considered a compact truck in today's market. I drove it for twelve years. If Toyota or Nissan or Mazda just made the trucks they made in the early '90's, with no bells and whistles and with minor improvements, we could have good compact trucks. They would need to lock the electrical engineers and computer geeks out of the room during the design phase and rely more on mechanics for input. GD

i had a 73 chevy short bed, with a 350v8. duel exhausts and a good carb, along with headers.
had that truck to about 83, stupid me traded on a x10 blazer. if the truck had had 4x4 i think i would still have it

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 70 invisible), 3,006 guests, and 1,157 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,620
Posts18,533,085
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.