Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RickyD
Camper, I find it hard to believe that all the rest of the Gospels and books of the NT would only amount to 24 times "believe" is used in all of them combined, apart from the Book of John. Even if your claim is true, how can it be a miracle and just what does that "miracle" show us, imply, or mean to you?

I've brought this up to Jaguar before, so he knew what I was talking about.
In short, you start with chapter 1 and continue the last chapter. Don't use the lazy software way. Actually read your Bible. At one per day, it will take only three weeks.
Underline every time any form / tense of the word believe is used. Ie. Believe (s), (th), (ed).

When you get the answer on your own, you will understand the blessing.

The verse John 20:31 shows the theme of this gospel.

"But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name."

Many years ago, I heard sermons from pastors, missionaries and evangelists that noted many ways that THEY thought a person could be saved.
For instance:
1. "Give your life (or heart) to Christ to be saved."
However, I thought it was the other way around. God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son...
2. "Make Jesus Lord of your life..."
But I thought that Jesus IS Lord, regardless of anyones opinions.
"Acts 2:36 says,
Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ."
3. "Repent of your sins to be saved..."
This phrase is Not even used in the Bible (KJV)
Secondly, the word "repent" must be studied in context.
It does Not contain the greek or hebrew for sin.
God can NOT sin, yet He repented many times.
Repentance is a work. Works are not acceptable with God, only man.
The way false prophets preach their false gospel is to tell the people to stop sinning and trust Christ. What that really does is makes the turning from sin the object of faith, which is a works salvation.
https://youtu.be/DwVL78XOpTc

There's others, but I hope that you understand.
These different gospels can't all be right.
I then begged God to reveal to me the correct response we should have to the issue of salvation and death, burial, resurrection of Christ.
I Corinthians 15:1-4

There's no more important subject in all of history is that of what is required to spend eternity with the Lord.

In short, I found that the one thing that makes John's gospel unique is that it emphasizes Who Jesus is, like His Divinity....fully God and fully Man.
It also was written that unbelievers may believe on Him and be saved. See the verse above, John 20:31.
I also nite that the word so many preachers confuse their congregation of", Repent", is not found in this book. There is likely a good reason, don't you think so?

While studying this gospel one year, the Lord revealed something VERY special to me that I have never heard, nor have I read anywhere else.

That word BELIEVE is used not once, but exactly 100 times in this gospel. BELIEVE on Christ, the Son of God is THE answer that I begged God for.
The old saying, "If I told you once, I've told you a hundred times," certainly applies here.
God not only told us the answer, but did so with incredible emphasis for all who have eyes to see it and ears to hear it.

I encourage you RickyD and all who read this post to take up my challenge and see it for yourselves.
Then it will be your miracle too.

☕ 🙂 👍

One Happy Camper

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 06/10/21.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by CaptArab
If you're done with the pop pagan "ask Jesus into your heart" bullshit try this-

https://vimeo.com/34601629

Around 16 minutes it gets good.
Pagan Greek philosophy of separation is the beast and the Antichrist and about 99.9% of evangelical Christianity.

It's all based upon you being separated from God.
Jesus is the one in whom all things exist and consist and have their being.

Despite sin having blinded our eyes to seeing that truth, Jesus has come to show us what his father is like. He's not like an eternally conscious tormenting judge whose disappointed with everything you say. God is love.

Since God is in everyone you can see hints of this worldview in native American cultures as well as Buddhism Hinduism etc.

I'm not saying there's many roads to God I'm saying there's one road and his name is Jesus and you can't hide from him.

There's Buddhists that know Jesus native Americans that know Jesus, hell I've even met a few Christians that know Jesus.

Thanks to the great benefits that are provided through psilocybin LSD DMT and other psychedelics, lots of people are waking up to this truth that there is a thread uniting all things. His name is Jesus.

Well, I watched the entire video. He has a fixation on "Greek origins ...dualism" .....However the comment that ...."the more the words, the less the meaning" seems to apply here...... ....and his continued presentation of numerous red herrings.. false dichotomies and straw men make it difficult to follow.

Does not present much OT testament teaching that corroborates the "dodgy gospel" of today.....Nor does he present NT verses that seem to support the "dodgy gospel." Also, I did not see where he presented a clear explanation of the "dodgy gospel" he rails against. He carefully selects verses and then proceeds to tell us what he thinks they mean. Sometimes I agree with his interpretation and sometimes his conclusions seem "off the wall."

However, it is an interesting mixture of some gospel truth and bafflegab. I may look into into it more this weekend.

btw..... I would assume that you see benefit in LSD use.... helps one "wake up to the truth" ..... how so?

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything.

You don't need a "path" to the one in whom we live and move and have our being, who's closer than the very air we breathe.

"Credibility" with evangelicals is a big red flag a person is full of [bleep].

"Credibility" is typically directly proportional to the odds said Christian top 40 rockstar is molesting children behind the scenes.

I speak to those who are ready to be "saved".

Last edited by CaptArab; 06/10/21.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Camper, I've read the NT cover to cover many times. For over 30 years that I've hunted I took a Bible with me and read every book dozens of times. But hey, I'm happy for you that you have found something that, now appears not to be a miracle, but is a blessing to you.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
A "little" truth here, a "little" truth there may not lead to the Truth.

Satan typically uses partial truths to trip up his intended victims, even used that tactic on the Lord on the Mt. of Temptation. But, Jesus consistently answered, "It is written", quoting Scripture. It's hard for us to be fooled if we follow that pattern.

Ps 119:160 tells us that the "SUM of Your Word is Truth" (Amp), thus we can't make a "cafeteria plan" out of the Scripture.

The same idea with the Passover lamb. They were instructed to eat the WHOLE lamb, not to pick and choose.

DF

IC B2

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by TF49

btw..... I would assume that you see benefit in LSD use.... helps one "wake up to the truth" ..... how so?

Never tried psychedelics, but when any pocket of culture starts speaking the same language as St Paul and the apostolic fathers, it's good to pay attention.

Col 1- Christ is the fabric that holds all things together.

Physicist know that fabric is there.
Trippers know it's there.
Eastern cultures and native Americans know it.

Really everyone other than those infected with neoplatonic separation- i.e western "Christians".

The task of evangelism is to put a name to the face everyone already knows, as the holy spirit's been poured out on all flesh- humanity has been reconciled to God- we were all on the cross with Jesus- he holds all things together.

We've all been crucified and recreated in Jesus.

Therefore repent (which litterally means "change your way of thinking) and be reconciled to God.

BTW, I'm not some new age nut- this is straight Paul -> Athanasius -> Cappadocian fathers -> Barth -> Torrance -> Baxter Kruger / Paul Young / thousands others.

The Augustinian thread leads to the non-gospel "gospel" of separation- inviting a distant deity into your heart.

Augustine was a neoplatonist who essentially made a sandwich of Greek philosophy and Christianity- hence the city of god (immaterial, platonic, disembodied) vs the city of man (carnal, sinful, material).

The west has largely followed in his footsteps.

Just like in Athanasius time when "the whole world was Arian" (believes Jesus is a creation below the father), so it is now.

Nearly all evangelicals don't really believe Jesus expresses the fundamental essence of God, but is yet a stepping stone protecting us from a distant Greek deity hiding behind his back.

But people are sick of that anti-christ (literally against Christ) garbage as it doesn't give life- it simply takes and takes and takes.

Pastors have addictions broken marriages and broken finances to prove it. Most are done, and the gospel is spreading.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Haven’t parsed your words, but find quite a bit to agree with at my first reading,of them.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I'm pretty aggressive in my attacks on the anti-christ gospel of separation- but still wholehearted love my religious brethren that propagate that garbage-

It'd be pretty hypocritical not to, I spent many years of my life doing just that myself.

But at some point you just gotta admit, it ain't workin'.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I'm pretty aggressive in my attacks on the anti-christ gospel of separation- but still wholehearted love my religious brethren that propagate that garbage-

It'd be pretty hypocritical not to, I spent many years my life doing just that myself.

But at some point you just gotta admit, it ain't workin'.

What is the gospel of separation?

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Would like to hear the Capt’s concept of sin.

DF

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Camper, I've read the NT cover to cover many times. For over 30 years that I've hunted I took a Bible with me and read every book dozens of times. But hey, I'm happy for you that you have found something that, now appears not to be a miracle, but is a blessing to you.

A miracle is something that only God can do.
I believe that He put that word "Believe" in that gospel for a reason, not 79 times or 96 times, but 100 times even. If someone gets saved by BELIEVING the right Jesus, not the false one disgusted. Including the substitutionary death, burial and resurrection as Opposed to the substitute gospel of man's works, then they will be guaranteed deliverance from hell to their new destiny in heaven.
That's miraculous indeed.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
How can anyone read while hunting??

I’ve got deer coming through every 10-15 minutes, that or they are standing and milling around. And no, not associated with a feeder, just terrain choke points and funnels.

Be fumbling around with a book or barely move you head and they’ll bolt. Some wary does will book it if they see you blink.

Maybe your hunting spots suck ? I go to hunt, not screw around.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Would like to hear the Capt’s concept of sin.

DF

Sin is the cancer in our souls that makes Adam and Eve hide in the bushes from God.

It distorts the father's face into someone we have to hide from- someone we can't be intimate with, trust, receive love from- as Paul says "alien and hostile in mind".

It never turns God away from us, it turns us away from God.

Again, who hides from who in Eden?

The non-gospel "gospel" of separation turns that on its head with Greek neoplatonic notions of non-relational judicial holiness. Then the gospel becomes about Jesus saving you from hell.

Which has nothing to do with what hell is about.
This is illustrated perfectly by the flaming toilet of death-
https://youtu.be/spRhyRnqvV4

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper

A miracle is something that only God can do.
I believe that He put that word "Believe" in that gospel for a reason, not 79 times or 96 times, but 100 times even. If someone gets saved by BELIEVING the right Jesus, not the false one disgusted. Including the substitutionary death, burial and resurrection as Opposed to the substitute gospel of man's works, then they will be guaranteed deliverance from hell to their new destiny in heaven.
That's miraculous indeed.

Amen!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by slumlord

I’ve got deer coming through every 10-15 minutes, that or they are standing and milling around. And no, not associated with a feeder, just terrain choke points and funnels.

Be fumbling around with a book or barely move you head and they’ll bolt. Some wary does will book it if they see you blink.

The last time I remember that I was reading a chapter of the Foxes Book of Martyrs in Mon National forest.
I didn't notice that there was a deer standing behind me a couple yards while I was leaning against the tree. Someone else did and must've been color blind. I heard a bullet whistle by and it bolted. Too much hunting pressure and I hunted from a stand then on after in that place.

I'd just like the church goers here to be blessed with an awesome Biblical insight rather than captivated with cultic beliefs that blaspheme our Lord and deny the Trinity. I'm trying to figure out if it's "Jehovah's" False Witness, or some spin off.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Sin is the cancer in our souls that makes Adam and Eve hide in the bushes from God.

It distorts the father's face into someone we have to hide from- someone we can't be intimate with, trust, receive love from- as Paul says "alien and hostile in mind".

It never turns God away from us, it turns us away from God.

Again, who hides from who in Eden?

The non-gospel "gospel" of separation turns that on its head with Greek neoplatonic notions of non-relational judicial holiness. Then the gospel becomes about Jesus saving you from hell.

Which has nothing to do with what hell is about.
This is illustrated perfectly by the flaming toilet of death-
https://youtu.be/spRhyRnqvV4

What Adan and Eve did is symbolic of the ongoing human nature of sin. It's been called the original sin and every person born enters the world with it. It's the desire to serve yourself rather than God. Without forgiveness that never goes away and we have no record that Adam and Eve ever repented but we do have record that God broke off the walks with them in The Garden and forced them out of it. God even sent the flaming sword to keep them from eating of the tree of life. It appears that Adam and Eve no longer had fellowship with God. That's what happens with someone that's been saved and keeps sinning and unless they repent of that willful sin they no longer are in fellowship with God. Jesus told the woman at the well to go and sin no more. he doesn't shut the door though as it says in 1John verse 9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

To answer the question of who hid from who. It was humans but it was God that expelled them from the garden and no longer had fellowship with them. They had a choice to make at this point and nothing in the Bible ever tells us what choice they made. I hope they made the right one. If not they are not with God now.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
I watched the video. Fear (as in reverential awe) of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. Prov. 9:10.

Too many get caught up in the love of God, but discount His wrath.

They try to mold God into their image of what God should be, not yield to His image. That way, they think they don't have to face a fearsome God.

Existentialists claim God is a figment of man's thinking, an idealized version of man, what man thinks God should be. So, according to them, man created God, God didn't create man. What man creates, man controls.

That, of course, is the big lie. Satan is a counterfeiter, has no original thoughts, has created nothing.

If Satan can fool people into thinking they have God in them without repentance and without removing themselves from the throne of their life, then he's got'em.

We're told if we want to follow the Lord, we have to deny self, take up our cross daily and then and only then, follow Him. We can't hold onto self and follow the Lord, can't serve two masters.

It ends up a control issue. So, the bottom line. Who's in control of your life? Who sits on the throne of your life?

The ultimate question.

DF

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by slumlord

I can't read when I'm hunting either but I know that sometimes I fall asleep and maybe even snore. When I am awake, and that's most of the time I see allot of deer and enjoy every bit of it. Enjoyed some yesterday in fact, ate some deer sausage!

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
If you're done with the pop pagan "ask Jesus into your heart" bullshit try this-

https://vimeo.com/34601629

Around 16 minutes it gets good.
Pagan Greek philosophy of separation is the beast and the Antichrist and about 99.9% of evangelical Christianity.

It's all based upon you being separated from God.
Jesus is the one in whom all things exist and consist and have their being.

Despite sin having blinded our eyes to seeing that truth, Jesus has come to show us what his father is like. He's not like an eternally conscious tormenting judge whose disappointed with everything you say. God is love.

Since God is in everyone you can see hints of this worldview in native American cultures as well as Buddhism Hinduism etc.

I'm not saying there's many roads to God I'm saying there's one road and his name is Jesus and you can't hide from him.

There's Buddhists that know Jesus native Americans that know Jesus, hell I've even met a few Christians that know Jesus.

Thanks to the great benefits that are provided through psilocybin LSD DMT and other psychedelics, lots of people are waking up to this truth that there is a thread uniting all things. His name is Jesus.

CaptArab you have significantly destroyed any believability you might hope to have in this site suggesting that psychedelic drugs are a path to salvation in Jesus Christ. Certainly He can forgive those who have so partaken, but few could be convinced that is an acceptable path for the purpose of salvation.

Just out of curiosity, why do you figure those who have so partaken would require forgiveness for it?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by Jim1611
...the church has so watered down the message and teachings of the Bible that it has lost it's way. An example of that is denominations that embrace same sex marriage and even perform the ceremony in the church. These same groups also ordain queers as pastors. These are no longer an outreach of God to the lost souls but have joined them in their sin. God takes no part in this and that's one reason we see the decline of the influence the church once had.
Do you think homosexuals were created in the image of God...? And do you think homosexuals have dignity and worth equal to that of any of the other of God’s image-bearers...especially in God’s eyes...?
The problem with homosexuals is repentance. With other sins, they recognize them as sins and repent. In spite of all the scriptures about homosexuality, they refuse to acknowledge it as sin and won't repent. God will forgive it like any other sin but repentance is required and they refuse to do it. Instead, they demand that God change to suit them and that's not going to happen. They've condemned themselves by it.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

519 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 49 invisible), 2,271 guests, and 1,176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,513
Posts18,490,790
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.