Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The bust didn't last long and those houses a well as others sold so fast you could not keep up.

Now days the houses are so fancy and have a lots of square footage that one needs a lot of money to get.

GB1

R
ribka Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by hanco
Learn a trade, skilled workers are need.

racist!!!

R
ribka Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by plainsman456
The bust didn't last long and those houses a well as others sold so fast you could not keep up.

Now days the houses are so fancy and have a lots of square footage that one needs a lot of money to get.

Houses in N Idaho, 1600 sq feet, going for over 500 k now, so much for McMansions

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
" country folks tend to shoot back."

Pappy- you left off the ending of your sentence, i.e. "first". smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ha!

Rare form, Ribka...spot feakin' on 100%.
And the same snowflake Marxists that left their chitholes for Idaho bring that same warped mentality and expect us to kiss their waxed asses.

The definition of insanity.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A friend of my sister went to Chapman University for 4 years right out of HS, she graduated and last I heard was a manager at a starbucks on Oahu. At the time I believe it was only $28K per annum, it has since increased.

"Social order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain” de Sade
"He who'll not reason is a Bigot, he who cannot is a Fool, and he who dares not is a Slave."SirWilliamDrummond
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
some years ago a local paper interviewed a woman working as a barrista at a starbucks. she was complaining about lack of affordable housing and a livable wage. She had a college degree for which she had borrowed about 150k to obtain. the degree was in something like minority studies among ethnic chinese as to sexual orientation. okay.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Nurses in CA can make $200k a year easy. They work 12 hour shifts and the last 4 hours are overtime.

It only takes 2 years of school to get an LPN (licensed practical nurse) degree to get started.

Many hospitals, after you e shown them you're a good worker, will pay for advanced degrees.

My neice is a nurse in CA and the hospital paid for her master's degree.

Last edited by czech1022; 06/10/21.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing -- Edmund Burke
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We are facing the same chit in MT, people flooded in this year and drove housing and rent way up. Now you can't rent a place on minimum wage, now burger flippers are making $12+. A decent house is $450k up about 100k from last year. Lots of remote workers and retiree's moving here, builders are all about 24 months out to start anything new.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Watched a brief news report last night stating that many are simply quitting now as opposed to hauling their butts back into the office to work. Seems with today's technology, they have no desire or perhaps no ability to handle face to face tasks.

On housing: Things have gone nuts here. A neighbor's place just went for $425K for a 1500 square foot flat. If I just had somewhere else to go, I'd be out of my place in a second.

Another neighbor is planning to build a new home isn't even blinking at $200/square foot. I thought $50 was outlandish when we bought out 2,400 sq ft. place. If he indeed builds at our present cost, I suspect he'll end up with about a $750K home.

Interesting times.

Last edited by 1minute; 06/10/21.

1Minute
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ribka
As people are flooding into western states from Dem run schithole and driving up the cost of housing (duh) compounded by scarcity of building supplies and inflation caused by the shutdown, I've noticed a trend that many young people moving out to these states can't find housing. Looking on their social media you'll soon notice many with no education or degrees in art or sociology and no skills that are marketable. Yet they all demand a livable wage over $30 an hour and they all say they won't work in horrible slave conditions , ( formerly known as a standard work place) and they want to buy houses with no money saved up. Pretty funny.

https://www.9news.com/article/news/...U3Gv5YJRBa2b4EVGIRyUscFNzqQ-h52Lfpx-9w8g

comments

Mike Shannon
Its about time when are we as working class people going to stand up and say enough is enough no reason a 1800 square ft house should be that much money in any other state its still Affordable. Its going to be the revolutionary war all over again till something changes

Megan Simms
The same thing is happening in Idaho. They suggested tent cities for mountain workers. Tent cities? In the mountains? in winter? So the elite can play. Its pretty disgusting.

Ian Armstrong
Chris Larson maybe that's what the people want. Maybe they've seen that capitalism is greedier than the government.

I smell the Dems starting another riot movement this summer. These bernie useful idiots cause their own problems with poor life decisions and continuously voting blue that destroy their futures.

Do not worry, most sellers will not mind. If you want, you can always sell your house to locals for less. Just make sure outsiders are not able to file discrimination lawsuit against you.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just be thankful you don't have to live with the carpet baggers AND the people selling out around you.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Keep driving those values up, we gunna sell out and live down by the river in a van.

why? so you can have a fat bank account you can't do anything with?

typical boomer move.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
R
ribka Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
fuggin boomers!!!!!

Originally Posted by Slavek
Originally Posted by ribka
As people are flooding into western states from Dem run schithole and driving up the cost of housing (duh) compounded by scarcity of building supplies and inflation caused by the shutdown, I've noticed a trend that many young people moving out to these states can't find housing. Looking on their social media you'll soon notice many with no education or degrees in art or sociology and no skills that are marketable. Yet they all demand a livable wage over $30 an hour and they all say they won't work in horrible slave conditions , ( formerly known as a standard work place) and they want to buy houses with no money saved up. Pretty funny.

https://www.9news.com/article/news/...U3Gv5YJRBa2b4EVGIRyUscFNzqQ-h52Lfpx-9w8g

comments

Mike Shannon
Its about time when are we as working class people going to stand up and say enough is enough no reason a 1800 square ft house should be that much money in any other state its still Affordable. Its going to be the revolutionary war all over again till something changes

Megan Simms
The same thing is happening in Idaho. They suggested tent cities for mountain workers. Tent cities? In the mountains? in winter? So the elite can play. Its pretty disgusting.

Ian Armstrong
Chris Larson maybe that's what the people want. Maybe they've seen that capitalism is greedier than the government.

I smell the Dems starting another riot movement this summer. These bernie useful idiots cause their own problems with poor life decisions and continuously voting blue that destroy their futures.

Do not worry, most sellers will not mind. If you want, you can always sell your house to locals for less. Just make sure outsiders are not able to file discrimination lawsuit against you.

Originally Posted by Colorado1135
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Keep driving those values up, we gunna sell out and live down by the river in a van.

why? so you can have a fat bank account you can't do anything with?

typical boomer move.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Squeaked through high school.
College🤣!
No trade school.
F'd up a good run, got a CDL.
been Workin since I was 10, tired of it.
Would like a half million dollar house.

I don't understand this thread!

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rainshot
In about 1983 there was an oil boom bust in Abilene Texas. They had just built a new subdivision with small houses around 1800 sq/ft. Couldn't sell them so they added appliances and a small car in the driveway to up the anti. Times have changed.

In 1985 Chevrolet offered a new Winchester Model 94 and a hunting knife as standard equipment on one of their pick-up truck models. As you say, times be changed,

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Lotsa places will hire a person w a bach in anything, for supervision. And then the company pay for their MBA.

So even some funky lib degree can open doors. If the person gets off their lazy azz.

Last edited by hookeye; 06/10/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This thread seriously gonna die just cause the truth was thrown out there?

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I seen a pocket of about 15 new houses going up, behind a new wall that has been already tagged, in back of a storefront strip mall and across a two lane street from rundown apartments long gone Section 8. The area a gathering place for the homeless. One story houses on postage stamp lots. Shallow drainage ditch in back prone to flood.

The sign said “From the $240’s”.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by czech1022
Nurses in CA can make $200k a year easy. They work 12 hour shifts and the last 4 hours are overtime.

Maybe in CA it’s OT. Most places 4-12s are in the contract as normal shift.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

522 members (007FJ, 160user, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 51 invisible), 2,315 guests, and 1,221 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,507
Posts18,472,347
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.