B
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by Whelenman
I can remember when they were $150.

And they didn’t charge extra for the duct tape kit

If I recall correctly, Dad said he payed around $15 for the one he got though the NRA in the early 60’s.
It’s a 1945 Inland Model. Looks brand new and U.N.-issued.

I’ll give you %1000 of that purchase price for it.

It’s NOT For Sale.

Joking. Already have a picture of one.

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In 1968 in a Walmart in Little Rock, Arkansas they were $99.99. Back when Walmart only carried USA made products.

Last edited by mtnsnake; 06/10/21.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
If you want one pay the man

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't know why we beat the crap out of each other over gun prices. If a fellow wants one of these carbines, or anything else, and spends his money on it, so what. It's like saying you want a new truck, and a bunch of clowns start pontificating "I bought my truck back when you could get a great truck cheap. I didn't pay but $2600 for my 1973 Chevy Step Side, and it's got a v8 and 4x4"
That observation aside, I have three carbines, and a truck load of ammo, both ball and SP. My Quality Hardware carbine with a red dot makes a great travel rifle. I didn't pay anything for it, as it was a gift from my brother in law. smile

Sam......

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Rossimp
Certainly understand the collecting and nostalgia of the firearm, but it is simply an inferior chambering for a combat weapon. By today’s standards for a useful shooter in a comparative firearm, the Ruger Mini 14 eats its lunch whether in 7.62x39, 300 Blackout or 5.56. The Mini 14 is a tank (Garand/M14 variant) in terms of durability and shoots 100 yard groups at 2.25” without any real adjustment, plenty good for any combat use as well as having up to 30 round clips. Would be less expensive to own and shoot if shooting is your desire, possibly not for the 30 M1 Carbine collector. Just my opinion on WWII variants.

2 & 1/4" groups at 100 yards with a Mini-14 out of the box? Wow! One in a million gun right there. Every one that I've seen my friends shoot did shotgun patterns at 100 yds. 4" at 50 yards. Inaccurate but reliable.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I don't know why we beat the crap out of each other over gun prices. If a fellow wants one of these carbines, or anything else, and spends his money on it, so what. It's like saying you want a new truck, and a bunch of clowns start pontificating "I bought my truck back when you could get a great truck cheap. I didn't pay but $2600 for my 1973 Chevy Step Side, and it's got a v8 and 4x4"
That observation aside, I have three carbines, and a truck load of ammo, both ball and SP. My Quality Hardware carbine with a red dot makes a great travel rifle. I didn't pay anything for it, as it was a gift from my brother in law. smile

Great price. smile

(And travel gun).

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by tjm10025
Originally Posted by hatari
The fact that Clinton stopped the import of surplus carbines from Korea 30 years ago has caused the current market.

I wonder if they're still over there.

yes

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

If I recall correctly, Dad said he payed around $15 for the one he got though the NRA in the early 60’s.

i think it was a way for the army to get rid of them, declaring them obsolete or worn out.
few years ago i came across a postal meter, completely postal as to parts, copy of the cashiers check to buy it,
shipping order to buyer, and about 500rounds of lake city ammo. the gun was basically brand new.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't know why we beat the crap out of each other over gun prices. If a fellow wants one of these carbines, or anything else, and spends his money on it, so what. It's like saying you want a new truck, and a bunch of clowns start pontificating "I bought my truck back when you could get a great truck cheap. I didn't pay but $2600 for my 1973 Chevy Step Side, and it's got a v8 and 4x4" That observation aside, I have three carbines, and a truck load of ammo, both ball and SP. My Quality Hardware carbine with a red dot makes a great travel rifle. I didn't pay anything for it, as it was a gift from my brother in law. smile
Should have bought a 1972 - better value.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C

That's what old farts do, Sam.

Mathew 22: 37-39

IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
The different manufacturers rifles were priced based on their desirability to collectors in descending order. From Rock-Ola and Irwin-Pedersen down to inlands and Winchesters. The National Postal Meter, IBM, and Saginaws and such fell in between. The cheapest price for any of them total was about $1140 for a somewhat rough shooter to change under 2 grand for a "Fine" graded anything. All the fine graded went in a couple of hours (after Midway's computer glitched hard) but then again, there probably isn't ONE of them they're selling that you couldn't buy and turn around and put it on Gunbroker or International marked up 2 or 3 hundred bucks and sell them quick.
Hell, a USGI carbine barreled receiver in decent shape will run you almost a grand now.

John

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by hatari
There are collectors that are on the look out to get one from every manufacturer. Tought o find them in unaltered condition. Nice ones are pricey on the open market as it is. Rock-O-La made less than 300,000 whereas Winchester made over a million. There are several Saginaw variants. The fact that Clinton stopped the import of surplus carbines from Korea 30 years ago has caused the current market.

there were carbines as well as garands lendleased to various foreign governments those when they come back are in the hands of the cmp.
then there are those that are outright purchased by foreign governments. those have been purchased for resale by big importers.
in the last 20 years guns have come in from germany, italy, the phillipines, south america and others.
I personally tore apart about 100 carbines that came back from israel with star of david stickers inside them.
there were estimates of about 187000 garands, carbines and 1911's in the deal with south korea. it after a long term was finally approved by everybody, then the deal was squashed by hillary when secretary of state.

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Yes, through the DCM, Director of Civilian Marksmanship, IIRC. 1903's were $20 and maybe $30 for the select models and 1911's were $17. Garands were much higher, maybe $84 but I believe those had ben accurized for competition. Those numbers are as I remember them from about 1960.

Last edited by g5m; 06/11/21.

Retired cat herder.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
So I'm one of the suckers. Mine came in yesterday. $1349 for a Winchester s/n 1163xxx which makes it mid-43 production. My gunsmith who knows helluva lot more than me took it apart and cleaned all the cosmoline out. Says receiver, barrel, stock etc all are original. Trigger guard appears to have been replaced as it's the late-war stamped version. Also has the later version rear sight, not the flip up L sight. Wood is nice...worn but no stamps or markings on it other than "95" stamped on the base of the piston grip. Like a lot of you guys I had 2 that I bought 10-15 years ago. One now lives with my Dad, it's a nice Inland that I paid 1/2 of what I paid for this, and the other was another decent Inland that I sold to fund some project I can't recall. Sure I paid more than I wish I had to, but in 15 years I get to mock all the new generation of suckers that will be paying 2x-3x these prices for a piece of history.

I hope Larry made a nice return on the time and money he committed to bringing these back from Italy.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I

Same here. Mine cost $19.95. You didn't get a choice but mine was a Winchester, looked to be unfired.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
Hard to believe that there were more M1 carbines issued in WWII than any other type of small arm.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

Same here. Mine cost $19.95. You didn't get a choice but mine was a Winchester, looked to be unfired.

Mine was $19.75

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Hard to believe that there were more M1 carbines issued in WWII than any other type of small arm.

The ballistics are pretty anemic. Were they worth a hoot in battle?

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll pass and leave them for the collectors.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

The ballistics are pretty anemic. Were they worth a hoot in battle?

P

Better in hand than a 1911 or so it goes.

Issued to beaucoup alt.s and Capt in combat

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (1936M71, 160user, 1minute, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 63 invisible), 2,433 guests, and 1,451 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,169
Posts18,484,568
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.