Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
https://leaderpost.com/news/crime/sask-rcmp-advise-of-heightened-presence-around-wolseley-francis

This was indeed a tragic event that cut short the life of a young man.

As I read this I wondered why the perps might firstly have stopped and then secondly decided to run over Constable Patton. I mean, they were aware that they were driving a stolen truck and that they were about to be arrested.

The answer might be in this article. The perps would be aware that the truck had been recorded by an in-car camera, but not their faces.
But that alone would not have been of much use with a stolen vehicle, unless they were caught and identified.

But as soon as Constable Patton exited his vehicle and got close to them they would have seen that he was not wearing a body camera.

Is it possible that they intended to kill him with that stolen truck?
And in so doing, eliminate the only witness? Or were they just irrational idiots?

I don't know, but I think that body cameras should be part of every police encounter, for the benefit of all.

Last edited by saddlegun; 06/14/21.

UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FIT
GB1

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This really saddens me, especially since I have a dear friend who recently joined the RCMP, about 5 years ago, and he is the same age and is also a beautiful young man, very sad to hear.

I am very familiar with the Indian head area.....I wonder if our Mounties are taking risks that they ordinarily would not take because of the recent questioning of protocol, defund Police, and the woke pos crap we/they are being subjected too.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
The senselessness is becoming over whelming ,This shooting happed right down the road, the shooter has done work for me as a tree service, he is the fire chief at the volunteer fire company , has a tree service company and is an EMT for a local ambulance company, now his life is ruined over another mans wife WTF !

JAMESTOWN, Pa. (WKBN) – Police have arrested a man involved in a Jamestown shooting that injured a man early Sunday morning.

At around 1 a.m., Pennsylvania State Police arrived in the 200 block of Chestnut St. for a reported shooting.

David Jones, 54, of Jamestown, was arrested.

Family calls for justice after reported shooting in Sharon
Police identified the victim as Tyler Schadt, 31, of Greenville. Police say he sustained a single gunshot wound to his head/neck area. He was transported to UPMC Presbyterian Hospital in Pittsburgh.

Hospital staff say he is expected to recover.

After an investigation, police say in a report that Schadt had arrived on Jones’ property and both engaged in a physical altercation. Shortly after, Jones took a firearm out of his vehicle and shot Schadt once.

Jones was charged with criminal attempt homicide and aggravated assault.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I was once stopped by an RCMP officer who had set up a random check on a secondary road in southern Alberta. It was late at night, there was no houses in sight. I asked him what was in his head that made him think this was safe in any way. He admitted, he hadn't really thought about it. I reminded him that not everyone was a pleasant old man like myself. GD

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 673
This really saddens me, especially since I have a dear friend who recently joined the RCMP, about 5 years ago, and he is the same age and is also a beautiful young man, very sad to hear.

I am very familiar with the Indian head area.....I wonder if our Mounties are taking risks that they ordinarily would not take because of the recent questioning of protocol, defund Police, and the woke pos crap we/they are being subjected too.

673;
Good afternoon to you my friend, I hope the weather up there is what you need and all in your world are well.

As we've discussed, I'm from a few hours north of there, but have been through that part of the world for sure, though likely not for 15 or more years.

One never knows what goes on in folks' heads when they're stopped.

If you recall Cst. Dennis Strongquill was killed during a stop in my wife's hometown of Russell, MB and it was as sleepy a place as one would ever find. That said, like Wolseley, it's on a fairly main highway so one never knows who is going from where to where I suppose?

Like you, I've got a few friends who are LEO and honestly I worry about them more in the last year than I used to. It seems like there's been a societal change alright and not one for the better.

All the best to you sir, have a good week.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

IC B2

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Terrible thing. I work with a lot of RCMP officers as an EMT. I really feel for those men and women now. With the racial thing going on they are hesitant to do anything even when they should. They are under an enormous amount of scrutiny every time they go to work. I've seen them put up with abuse that no human being should have to put up with. We have also had them refuse to go inside certain houses to help us because the people we needed help with were the wrong color. I dont blame them one bit. The first thing thats going to happen is they get accused of being racist.

I was in a gas station the other day and a young FN fellow was giving the clerk a hard time because he was told he would have to wait until the guy was done with my transaction before he would check the handful of lottery tickets the kid had. That sent the young FN guy over the edge, and he started hollering that it was because of the color of his skin that the clerk told him to wait. I guess he was to stupid to figure out that I was there before he came in paying for gas. The funny thing was the clerk was a real nice east indian fellow. His skin was far darker than the FN guy.

It will only get worse; because the vast majority of Canadians never see the real story of the FN problems. The government has turned them into a "you owe me society."

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by jimy
The senselessness is becoming over whelming ,This shooting happed right down the road, the shooter has done work for me as a tree service, he is the fire chief at the volunteer fire company , has a tree service company and is an EMT for a local ambulance company, now his life is ruined over another mans wife WTF !

JAMESTOWN, Pa. (WKBN) – Police have arrested a man involved in a Jamestown shooting that injured a man early Sunday morning.

At around 1 a.m., Pennsylvania State Police arrived in the 200 block of Chestnut St. for a reported shooting.

David Jones, 54, of Jamestown, was arrested.

Family calls for justice after reported shooting in Sharon
Police identified the victim as Tyler Schadt, 31, of Greenville. Police say he sustained a single gunshot wound to his head/neck area. He was transported to UPMC Presbyterian Hospital in Pittsburgh.

Hospital staff say he is expected to recover.

After an investigation, police say in a report that Schadt had arrived on Jones’ property and both engaged in a physical altercation. Shortly after, Jones took a firearm out of his vehicle and shot Schadt once.

Jones was charged with criminal attempt homicide and aggravated assault.

This really doesn't have anything to do with the thread, but it is worth commenting on.

Mr. Jones does sound like a hell of a nice guy, and has given much service to the community.

But, the police report doesn't say why the fight took place, what it was about, and whether Jones may have done anything previously that might have provoked it. It is possible that Schadt might just be a hothead and was completely in the wrong, but we don't know that.

However, there is no report of Schadt being armed, or that Jones was in imminent fear for his life, so what was his justification for shooting him?

And Jones did have time to go to his vehicle and retrieve a firearm, which seems to indicate that the shooting was premeditated and not in response to any imminent danger.

I mean, it does sound like Jones simply lost his temper and shot the guy.

Unless there are more facts to justify the shooting, it does not sound like you can justify it as self-defense.

Schadt might be an arsehole and Jones might otherwise be a saint.

But if he shot Schadt in the head and neck, purely out of rage, then he is guilty of a crime.

I mean, after all, would you be okay with getting shot by the other guy in an argument that escalated into a fight, because he was pizzed off?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
The rest of the story........ My point being the senselessness of these killings of some really good people. This man will live.

State police released few details about the incident, which took place between 1 and 1:20 a.m. Sunday on property Jones owns at 230 Chestnut St. in Jamestown. Police said Schadt had arrived there and the men got into an altercation before Jones allegedly produced a firearm from inside his vehicle and shot Schadt once.

A domestic dispute led to the alleged shooting, Mercer County District Attorney Peter Acker confirmed Sunday afternoon. He also said Jones is the chief of Jamestown Volunteer Fire Department.

Acker said Schadt had placed a tracking device on his wife's vehicle and tracked it to the 200 block of Chestnut Street in Jamestown early Sunday, where Schadt found his wife and Jones together.

"It was a domestic dispute that became a fight," Acker said. "Jones allegedly shot him (Schadt) once with a .45-caliber handgun in the back of the neck. The bullet went along his jawline is what I was told."

Schadt's wife then drove him to UPMC Horizon Hospital in Greenville in his truck, Acker said. Schadt later was transferred to UPMC Presbyterian Hospital.

"The (Schadt) family's three kids — all under age 7 — had to see this," Acker said.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
Originally Posted by yukon254
Terrible thing. I work with a lot of RCMP officers as an EMT. I really feel for those men and women now. With the racial thing going on they are hesitant to do anything even when they should. They are under an enormous amount of scrutiny every time they go to work. I've seen them put up with abuse that no human being should have to put up with. We have also had them refuse to go inside certain houses to help us because the people we needed help with were the wrong color. I dont blame them one bit. The first thing thats going to happen is they get accused of being racist.

I was in a gas station the other day and a young FN fellow was giving the clerk a hard time because he was told he would have to wait until the guy was done with my transaction before he would check the handful of lottery tickets the kid had. That sent the young FN guy over the edge, and he started hollering that it was because of the color of his skin that the clerk told him to wait. I guess he was to stupid to figure out that I was there before he came in paying for gas. The funny thing was the clerk was a real nice east indian fellow. His skin was far darker than the FN guy.

It will only get worse; because the vast majority of Canadians never see the real story of the FN problems. The government has turned them into a "you owe me society."

Where I live we see incidents like this weekly. FN criminals & drug addicted are getting out of hand. Meth is escalating the decline of FN. The young have zero respect for their elders who struggle to lead. The News is definitely biased. It's time for huge changes, firstly to treaties but there's no govt brave enough to start that war! Rights have been abused in both directions. The RCMP are completely disrespected, no members ever attend calls on FN reserves alone anymore.

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S

I have seen this sort of self-entitled abuse from FN people a few times.

There was the time that a woman arrived late at a Greyhound station and her bus was boarding, but she wanted to grab a lot of A&W food from the bus station restaurant to take home. So she ordered it anyway and then constantly berated the cashier for not pumping out her large order fast enough, while she panicked. It was her own fault, and she was behaving like an idiot.

Another experience involved a Health Care Vendor that rented wheelchairs. A FN family that had flown in from the North came in and wanted to rent one, but protested loudly when they were asked to post the usual deposit that everyone paid. After much drama, they got the wheelchair with no deposit, since the vendor didn't want to deal with complaints to the Federal Government, which might affect their sales and repairs revenue with them. In the end, they didn't even bother to return the wheelchair, or even notify the vendor. Their hotel found the wheelchair in their government-funded room and was kind enough to call the vendor phone number on the wheelchair sticker to find out if they owned it. The stupid part was that they could have simply brought their own wheel chair, but chose not too, using the airport wheelchairs instead.

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Will Justin the art teacher/social justice comment on this violent killing by aFN member?

https://apnews.com/article/ap-top-n...-canada-44545f4bde71ae3eb2d03cdfab855a73

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wow.

Sad to hear our Northern Neighbor, known for being decent, has similar issues. Funny how if you were to outline them, so much of it is the same.

Entitlements and majority guilt.
Ruining great societies.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not sure if the perps were FN, but...meth was on scene so, that explains alot.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by 673
Not sure if the perps were FN, but...meth was on scene so, that explains alot.

My bad thought Id read in another report FN members

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by ribka
Will Justin the art teacher/social justice comment on this violent killing by aFN member?

https://apnews.com/article/ap-top-n...-canada-44545f4bde71ae3eb2d03cdfab855a73

I would assume that this news article about a chief getting arrested is related to the orinal posting somehow, but I am not sure how.
confused

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
The little roadside motel at the Wolseley exit was also the scene of the shootout when the RCMP caught up to Strongquill’s killers.
Dwayne- our farm was in the Alpine district, 2 miles from the NW corner of the Duck Mountains.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
450yukon;
Good evening sir, I hope the day went well for you.

Holy Smokes its a small planet sometimes! cool

I grew up and then when we were first married farmed in the same area which was north of Churchbridge, south of Calder. So we'd go to Roblin and Russell quite often - went for parts at Gaber's in Roblin and went to church in Russell - near the Russell "Beef and Barley Bull"!

Thanks for the reminder about where the final deal with Cst. Strongquill's killers was, I'd forgotten about that.

If I recall correctly, he didn't have his duty arm on him when he made the stop and afterward RCMP policy was changed to ensure they didn't do that.

Oh, we went camping at Boggy Creek once and got totally rained out. My goodness the mosquitos were bad there too. Not as bad as a horse pack trip into the Wilmore Wilderness, or a backpack run up the Kokanee Glacier, but in the top 3 for sure! laugh

Thanks for the info and all the best.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

83 members (257robertsimp, 10gaugemag, BamaCKC, 300_savage, AussieGunWriter, 10 invisible), 1,210 guests, and 740 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,233
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.