Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
284LUVR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Morewood
Standard poodles are going for 3 grand nowadays.

Neighbor trains German Shepards as protection dogs but his wife has a standard poodle as a service dog . Amazing animal.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Bulldog

I was gonna say everybody should have one posted with our non-existence sarcasm emoji, but then they are supposed to be the #2 breed in the UK, un-frikkin-believable what people will subject their animals to or breed into them to satisfy a whiim.

French Bulldogs require artificial insemination and, frequently, Caesarean section to give birth, with over 80% of litters delivered this way.

Due to the ideal of beauty regarding the shape of the face in order to realise the human concept of cuteness the skull malformation brachycephaly was increased by breeding selection which led to the occurrence of the Brachycephalic airway obstructive syndrome. Therefore many French Bulldogs often pant sticking out their tongue even at slight efforts like walking.The Brachycephalic syndrome causes them to have multiple side effects, as in difficulty breathing (which includes snoring, loud breathing). It happens because they have narrow nostril openings, a long soft palate, and fairly narrow tracheas. This issue can lead to death in French Bulldogs if they are not undergoing proper treatment.

In order to treat these dogs and create a smoother airway to the lungs, a procedure must be done that takes out a portion of their soft palate.

The French Bulldog has only a single short coat, which combined with their compromised breathing system, makes it impossible for them to regulate their temperature efficiently.This means the dog may easily become cold, and are prone to heat stroke in hot and humid weather. French Bulldogs are also prone to allergies, which can cause eczema on the body.

As they are a brachycephalic breed, French Bulldogs are banned by several commercial airlines due to the numbers that have died while in the air.This is because dogs with snub noses find it difficult to breathe when they are hot and stressed. The temperature in a cargo space in an aircraft can rise as high as 30 °C (86 °F) when waiting on the runway.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I used to. Zoos are expensive.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Horses
stupid sombitches gettin hurt all the time

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I sent my horse down the road once I discovered ATVs in the '90s. I only have to feed it when I use it, it never schiets on the garage floor and I can fix it myself without a vet's fees.

Last edited by eaglemountainman; 06/15/21.

My heart's in the mountains, my heart is not here.
My heart's in the mountains, chasing the deer.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rustyzipper
I don't know about your expenses but my wife is the most expensive pet I have. Contrasting it one of my current dogs was free and the other $100 and already neutered w/shots. He is a rescued dog from the local Puppies for Parole program. Be Well, RZ.

Have you tried to buy a rescue dog recently? By the time they charge for neutering, shots, implants, designer nail jobs, and everything else, it's not unusual to cost $1000. My sister near Seattle recently got one for her granddaughter. Dogs are in very high demand now so the rescue place brought it in from AZ because they were out of dogs.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Hell, try horses or mules.Dogs are cheap

Yup.

You’ve got to work to make a dog cost as much as an equine.

MAGA
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by Rustyzipper
I don't know about your expenses but my wife is the most expensive pet I have. Contrasting it one of my current dogs was free and the other $100 and already neutered w/shots. He is a rescued dog from the local Puppies for Parole program. Be Well, RZ.

Have you tried to buy a rescue dog recently? By the time they charge for neutering, shots, implants, designer nail jobs, and everything else, it's not unusual to cost $1000. My sister near Seattle recently got one for her granddaughter. Dogs are in very high demand now so the rescue place brought it in from AZ because they were out of dogs.

There are dogs all over the place that would love a good home. But the pit owning filth made it a practice to scoop up free or nearly free shelter dogs to us to train their dogs. Now the shelters require more proof of a good home. Sucks for all involved. Especially the pups.

MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have 2 rescue cats. 75 bucks total into them.

Ex and I had 2 cats - we got them for free as her aunt is a breeder but they were "worth" about 7k on the market.

Whatever - I'm not gonna tell someone how to spend money.

Me

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

I haven’t taken a dog to a vet in 30 years

Except for an elective nut chop. $125

Wouldn’t have done that but he was banging everything for 5 miles

IC B3

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by slumlord

Except for an elective nut chop. $125

Are you sure it was elective?

"Fido, bark three times if you want your nuts taken off. Two, for no."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dang.

Growing up i never had a name brand full blooded dog.

Just strays or pound puppies.

My dad didn’t take em to a vet either.

Just take em for a ride......

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Dang.

Growing up i never had a name brand full blooded dog.

Just strays or pound puppies.

My dad didn’t take em to a vet either.

Porch anchors?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
No more doggies for me. My last one, a lab, cost me somewhere between $5k and $10k for his various maladies, surgeries, and medications and vaccinations. Hell, putting him down at the end and getting his ashes back in a little box was over $400.

We have goldfish.

If I ever get another dog, it’ll be one of Thurber’s cast-iron lawn dogs.

https://downwithtyranny.blogspot.com/2009/12/thurber-tonight-pet-department-4.html

Last edited by Pappy348; 06/15/21.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Free loaders have to be free or darn near close to free.

Good hunting dogs that can point and retrieve are worth paying for.

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I dropped a grand on a yellow labradoodle. But he’s cool as he11 and my running buddy

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
My sister is the one with the spendy pets in the family. Her wire haired pointing griffin ran her around 6k in vet bills during his lifetime, and that's with a professional discount. My superfancy WI barn cats have about 2k for a half dozen over the last 40 years. One of them probably saved me twice that on pest control fees during his life time. He was an excellent mouser.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I gotta get myself a wienie dog.

Seems like the right thing to do at 50

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I guess we paid 1500 for a half Akbash half Pyrenees 2 year old.

I am MAGA.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I guess we paid 1500 for a half Akbash half Pyrenees 2 year old.

1500 for a used dog? I'd hate to see the new price.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (1minute, 1234, 1badf350, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 54 invisible), 2,452 guests, and 1,277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,565
Posts18,491,815
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.