Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
And a River Runs Through It…

Been there done that and I highly recommend going on a juice fast 3-4 days before. My prep wasn’t nearly as bad as others I have talked to. Just my 2 cents

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Last prep I did wasn't really all that bad at all. The prep mix had a lemon flavor and seemed to act much faster than the others I've used.

I have a friend that kept putting it off. Year after year. Finally got one when he was in his 70's. Yep...Cancer. He seems to have gotten over it, but he had a rough time of it. It's one of life's little pleasures that you just have to sit there and enjoy...

Harry
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Only had to drink that crap once. I felt so bloated and sick drinking it that I thought I was going to puke... Then the next day got a foot of colon removed. Not fun...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
By the time you reach age 50, IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO UNDERGO THIS SCOPING EXAM.
And, start earlier if there is any colon cancer history in your family.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Had one five years ago and the prep was some laxative pills and 1/2 gal of the stuff the afternoon before. No solid food the day before. Not a bad prep. Scheduled one last week and was told I’d have a split prep like the OP. My first thought was this won’t be as fun as the last one.

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Colon cancer if unchecked seems to have an affinity for liver and lungs.

Drinking the nasty drank is nothing to slow cancer death. I’ve watched it.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Golytely

That’s the funniest thing I’ve read all day😜

What fresh Hell is this?
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Last couple the prep stuff was not terrible tasting nor did it produce the explosive results experienced in the past. Last time around they must have given me some really good drugs to knock me out as I didn't even remember the doc coming in to discuss the results. Asked my wife about this and she said I was awake and responsive but I have no memory of it at all.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Y'all are weaklings.

Nothing to it.

Sit on the toilet, get some work done for 3-4 hours and then off to bed.

1st appt in the morning, then momma takes me to breakfast at a nice place while I enjoy my fentanyl buzz and a nice breakfast and coffee.

IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Just had on Monday. It was my 5th or 6th since I turned 50 fourteen years ago. Have a history of polyps so usually get one every 3 years. They found and removed one more this time so pretty sure my surgeon and I will have another date in 3 years. He could at least take me out for a nice meal afterwards.

3825 24336
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
I understand completely, getting another one in a month.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
The upside to the whole affair, is the meal after.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Last time around they must have given me some really good drugs to knock me out as I didn't even remember the doc coming in to discuss the results. Asked my wife about this and she said I was awake and responsive but I have no memory of it at all.

The same exact thing happened to me when I had my colonoscopy.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Last time around they must have given me some really good drugs to knock me out as I didn't even remember the doc coming in to discuss the results. Asked my wife about this and she said I was awake and responsive but I have no memory of it at all.

Which is why they require someone drive you home.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Always get first in line the day of the procedure so you can eat sooner instead of starving half a day waiting for doc to get around to you.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
JMHO- make sure to have all the wash rags and
towels laundered and spare clean drawers
Next trip I think I'll get some of those depends to
wear there and back

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by ironbender

Had the displeasure for the 1st time last year. After the first sip of the lightning water inducer decided that the half-stepping approach was no bueno. Dug my heels in and pounded the 1.5 gal of misery in an hour. Never do overnight what you can do in 60 minutes, right? Needless to say, arse doc said I was a rockstar patient, all guts no mess inside. Signed form indicating I agreed to getting driven home. She is legal to drive but I'd feel safer in a rickshaw with a pilot running off on 10 hits of LSD#25. She wheeled me from the clinic to the Lex and said, 'OK Daddy I'm going to try to drive us home now', and threw me a playful, knowing smile. 'Like hell you will my lovely wife/concubine. I've had my fill of bad experiences for today, plus we both know you'd crash before exiting the lot'. What your job entails is to watch me closely and make sure I don't fall asleep and to try to make sure I keep it under 90...' My lass is so old school and I adore her.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Originally Posted by ironbender

Had the displeasure for the 1st time last year. After the first sip of the lightning water inducer decided that the half-stepping approach was no bueno. Dug my heels in and pounded the 1.5 gal of misery in an hour. Never do overnight what you can do in 60 minutes, right? Needless to say, arse doc said I was a rockstar patient, all guts no mess inside. Signed form indicating I agreed to getting driven home. She is legal to drive but I'd feel safer in a rickshaw with a pilot running off on 10 hits of LSD#25. She wheeled me from the clinic to the Lex and said, 'OK Daddy I'm going to try to drive us home now', and threw me a playful, knowing smile. 'Like hell you will my lovely wife/concubine. I've had my fill of bad experiences for today, plus we both know you'd crash before exiting the lot'. What your job entails is to watch me closely and make sure I don't fall asleep and to try to make sure I keep it under 90...' My lass is so old school and I adore her.

Laffin...You write some hilarious stories, and they’re true.

10 hits of LSD is nothing big fella...I face palmed a pile of fresh cow pie mushrooms and drove home, thinking that playing chicken with every other parked car was proper fun.

Totaled isn’t even a good description of that night...Aah, the good ol days!

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Always get first in line the day of the procedure so you can eat sooner instead of starving half a day waiting for doc to get around to you.

Docs hands and cleaner too.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (06hunter59, 160user, 007FJ, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 59 invisible), 2,089 guests, and 1,288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,044
Posts18,482,171
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.