Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Signed it at the Alamo. Adept political move, and much appreciated šŸ˜Ž

I figure the Left is about to launch a full-court press on the Alamo story with that new book coming out.

Heck I missed it all, Iā€™m on I 64 in Eastern KY, gonna blitz by the New River George on my way NY State.

AM 1370 ā€œKnee Deep in Bluegrassā€ on the radio.

Life is good šŸ˜Ž

Birdy,

The new Alamo book appears that it will be "THE" poster child for revisionist history!!!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Birdy,

The new Alamo book appears that it will be "THE" poster child for revisionist history!!!!

Yep, itā€™s gonna get all sorts of press coverage, stuff WE already knew for the most part, but cherry-picked and quoted way out of context.

Every Historian they misquoted in it is gonna be appalled.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
I read a short on it on google! I just set there with agast!! WTF???

Truly a bolshie publication.

Founder

WS

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Birdy,

Yep, itā€™s gonna get all sorts of press coverage, stuff WE already knew for the most part, but cherry-picked and quoted way out of context.

Are they gonna make Santa Anna the Hero ? šŸ˜œ

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~MolɔĢ€Ėn LabĆ© SkĆ½la~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Birdy,

Only of thereā€™s a trans-connection of some sort. Any pics of him in a dress?

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B2

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Birdy,

Actually I believe they are striving to make him a hero fighting foreign interventionist.

The revolt was entirely caused by internal political upheaval. Centralist against Republicans. Mexico was ripe with revolts not only in Texas but also in Zacatecas and Yucatan. All due to Santa Annaā€™s repeal of the liberal policies of his Vice Pres Valentin Farias. Who was the real prez during santa annaā€™s term i. Office. See old Antonio Lopez just wanted the title of Presidente. He didnā€™t want the responsibility. So he let Farias run things while he stayed at his hacienda at Vera Cruz! Watching how things went. And he could step at the best moment when he could become like a supreme generalissimo and not worry with all the other free republic BS.

Founder

WS

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Birdy,

Actually I believe they are striving to make him a hero fighting foreign interventionist.

The revolt was entirely caused by internal political upheaval. Centralist against Republicans. Mexico was ripe with revolts not only in Texas but also in Zacatecas and Yucatan. All due to Santa Annaā€™s repeal of the liberal policies of his Vice Pres Valentin Farias. Who was the real prez during santa annaā€™s term i. Office. See old Antonio Lopez just wanted the title of Presidente. He didnā€™t want the responsibility. So he let Farias run things while he stayed at his hacienda at Vera Cruz! Watching how things went. And he could step at the best moment when he could become like a supreme generalissimo and not worry with all the other free republic BS.

Figures! šŸ¤Ŗ

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~MolɔĢ€Ėn LabĆ© SkĆ½la~
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Im really giving the bare bones cliff notes version. Itā€™s much more complex. I left out a lots of important back stories. Like the liberties guaranteed by the constitution of 1824. The difference between the way a state vs a district could govern themselves. THE SUPPORT THE TEXIAN SETTLERS GAVE SANTA ANNA IN 1832!!! Texas wanting to be an independent Mexican state.
Lots, lots more!

Founder

WS

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Mexican history is an exhausting, chaotic read.

Santa Annaā€™s career is likewise an exhausting, chaotic read, he sure werenā€™t shy about killing folks tho, his fellow Mexicans for the most part. IIRC he was responsible for the the deaths of around 1,500 citizens of Guanajuato and Zacatecas in 1835, Ballparks to about three times as many Mexicans as the number of Texians he would kill in Texas in 1836.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Birdy,

I now want a Alamo coffe table book with a cutout hidey-hole...

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
IC B3

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (12344mag, 160user, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 61 invisible), 2,556 guests, and 1,333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,716
Posts18,475,719
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.