Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Orofino Idaho hit 118 degrees back in 1934.
Wasn't that BEFORE global warming??

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
IIRC TX is currently having power grid problems again too.

Please don't feed the trolls!
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
IIRC TX is currently having power grid p5roblems again too.

Not seen it but Ercot is giving warnings.

I dont remember having these problems under Trump, but hey, we were energy independant then. Something commie corksuckers like Suckermore didnt like, but hey, Joke is going to fix it so we get our drs back again.

Last edited by jaguartx; 06/16/21.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Didn't get all that hot here. 94F on my thermometer. 90F at the airport for the "official" temp.

Couple that with a 35F for a low this morning (frost on my lawn, ice in the birdbath) so a minimum of a 55 degree swing.

It goes this way in early fall too. 50 degree swings not uncommon. 45 degree swings a regular occurrence. Makes for nice house cooling at night. House is still only 73F after getting it down around 57 with all the windows open this morning.

I don't miss this in the least. (well, maybe only a little, as my signature line might suggest)

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Bastige.

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by jaguartx

It was hot straddling that black hot pipe.

LMAO!!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by ironbender

It was hot straddling that black hot pipe.

LMAO!!

Hahaha, You dirty minded sucker.

I Dindo Nuffin
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
We had a high of 70* here today. It's 42* right now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by Riverc
That's hot back in 2014 was working at a rv park in florence we headed to Tucson and went up Mt. Lemmon to cool down.

Mt Lemmon is a treat.
Those temps you mentioned, throw in some humidity and see what that does for heat transfer!
I know humidity wrecks evaporative cooling! in the house or on your skin.
In Tucson, once the dew point reached about 55, the evap cooler effectiveness was fairly well defeated.

Mt. Lemmon is a nice escape from The Old Pueblo, but not nearly as nice as it was back then.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Consider it practice for the after life?

IC B3

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Down here in Quartzsite, Volunteering for the BLM this summer, temperature just two degrees cooler that Tuscon, we just say at least it is a Dry Heat.........

Kevin
NRA Lifetime Member
Retired, Fulltime RV'er
R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
So Arizona gets hot in the summer, who knew?

It ain’t summer yet.
BOOM! This area has already tied the average yearly total days of 90+, and it ain't even summer yet - as MM stated.. Everybody around here is concerned this year will be another 1988 - when the 90+ degree days ran to 44 for the summer. We're already at 12; today should be #13 - and June is barely past the half-way mark..

Last edited by Redneck; 06/17/21.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by funshooter
I had a Job years back in Needles over looking the River
at 2:00 am it was 120 degrees. when I stepped out of my truck it sucked to air right out of my lungs.
When I left home it was about 50 degrees.
They worked at night because the sun was up in the day.
The Temps. did not change much night to day.

I was straddling a ditch 5 feet deep with an old Transcontinental 16 inch pipeline laying on top of 6x8 oak skids 4 ft long after being lifted up by Caterpillars with booms hoisting huge metal cradles.

I used a cutting torch 10 hours a day cutting the 40 foot joints at through their old bead after weilders helpers chipped most the dried tar coating and paper cover off that were used to prevent rusting. All the flecks of black tar didnt come off but i cut through them with the torch, often having the burning h2so4 gas feeding small flames outside the cut.

Another wielders helper followed along with a shovel putting out fires from flying sparks into the construction work destroyed grass each side the excavated pipeline dirt, south of San Antonio several miles out of Pleasonton, Texas. It took nearly 5 gallons of water to make the day.
It was hot straddling that black hot pipe. I now wish i knew how hot it was above that pipe that was too hot to touch more than a few seconds.

The temps broke a record there back around 1970. It hit 110 degress for 10 days in a row iirc.

I was working on a Crew Facility Project at 29 Palms Military base years back and some Jack Wipe had to bring out his digital Thermometer at 11:00 am he pointed it at the metal decking and it read 140 Degrees. That was at 11:00 in the morning.
I was running between 3 projects to cover all of the work while 3 other Inspectors refused to get out of the Contractors Trailer.
I was kicked off that project by the Gen Con. because I could not handle the heat very well. Then I had to take the Lab that hired me to Court to get paid.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I love when people advise of record highs and record lows.

It lets you know how stupid they are.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by deflave

It was a balmy 85 at the house a bit before sunrise this morning...grin.

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
at 2:00 am it was 120 degrees. when I stepped out of my truck it sucked to air right out of my lungs.

I was straddling a ditch 5 feet deep with an old Transcontinental 16 inch pipeline laying on top of 6x8 oak skids 4 ft long after being lifted up by Caterpillars with booms hoisting huge metal cradles.

I used a cutting torch 10 hours a day cutting the 40 foot joints at through their old bead after weilders helpers chipped most the dried tar coating and paper cover off that were used to prevent rusting. All the flecks of black tar didnt come off but i cut through them with the torch, often having the burning h2so4 gas feeding small flames outside the cut.

Another wielders helper followed along with a shovel putting out fires from flying sparks into the construction work destroyed grass each side the excavated pipeline dirt, south of San Antonio several miles out of Pleasonton, Texas. It took nearly 5 gallons of water to make the day.
It was hot straddling that black hot pipe. I now wish i knew how hot it was above that pipe that was too hot to touch more than a few seconds.

The temps broke a record there back around 1970. It hit 110 degress for 10 days in a row iirc.

One year in the late 1970’s…in Jacksboro, TX…we had 30 straight days over 100° and 7 days in a row over 110°. The the hottest day was something north of 115°F.

As Texans did back then…we just carried on.

Last edited by ledvm; 06/17/21.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by GregW
Originally Posted by deflave

It was a balmy 85 at the house a bit before sunrise this morning...grin.

The ground didn’t even have a chance to cool! Grin…

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

I was working on a Crew Facility Project at 29 Palms Military base years back and some Jack Wipe had to bring out his digital Thermometer at 11:00 am he pointed it at the metal decking and it read 140 Degrees. That was at 11:00 in the morning.
I was running between 3 projects to cover all of the work while 3 other Inspectors refused to get out of the Contractors Trailer.
I was kicked off that project by the Gen Con. because I could not handle the heat very well. Then I had to take the Lab that hired me to Court to get paid.

Unreal. Dayom. Where was that.

Last edited by jaguartx; 06/17/21.

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by Riverc
That's hot back in 2014 was working at a rv park in florence we headed to Tucson and went up Mt. Lemmon to cool down.

Mt Lemmon is a treat.

Those temps you mentioned, throw in some humidity and see what that does for heat transfer!

I know humidity wrecks evaporative cooling! in the house or on your skin.

we have a high tec evap system, but turned it off a few days ago just couldn't keep up.
on a/c/ now. usually we can run evap until humidity sets in with the monsoons.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

Unreal. Dayom. Where was that.

In the middle of the no where right next to HE!! it self Twenty nine Palms Military Base So. Cal. From what I have been told. It is one of the Largest Bases in the Country (sq. miles) I have been out there quite a few times and get into it with the Corps of Engineers about what Continuous inspection is. They want us for a 4 Hour day every day and it is a 5 hour round trip drive for me minimum.
They do not pay travel time and Inspectors make $2 to $3 dollars less that an unskilled laborer on Military Bases in Commyfornia.
I refused to go the last time the Lab tried to send me. They had some Inspector that Pissed someone off and tried to get me out there to clean up his mess. That was back around October of last year. I refused and they kept trying to get me out there so I stopped working for them. When I am ready to go back to work they will take me back.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (16penny, 007FJ, 1936M71, 160user, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 58 invisible), 2,384 guests, and 1,305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,144
Posts18,484,119
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.