Print Thread
Hop To
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/06/17/alito-supreme-court-trump-495121

I guess they want poor hispanic Catholics to get free Zrro Care.

Last edited by jaguartx; 06/17/21.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Fault line? The Catholic Charities case was 9-0, the Obama was 7-2 - unfortunately. Stupid article has it wrong. The SCOTUS is sending a big fat FU to Biden and his court packing scheme.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
That's interesting. Scary, and bothersome, but interesting. It likey portends an acrimonious future for the Court.

Retired cat herder.

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Well good, but the article goes on to add they sided w Roberts and ruled 18 states had not merit trying to stop their involvement with the ACA didnt it?

Last edited by jaguartx; 06/17/21.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Disappointing to say the least. Especially the Catholic Charities case as that has major political/social/legal ramifications. That’s not a case that you punt down the road on the most minor, essentially a made up legal technicality. It will come back to the court down the road when the left has a majority and we all know exactly how that decision will go.

Rino, no balls, cucksertives.

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Alito's totally correct... The court has gone to a panel of geldings - NO BALLS in deciding cases as they should, but merely taking a segment of the case, ruling on that and moving on to something (read: anything) else.. When confronted by such a case, their standard denial is "lack of standing"... What TOTAL BULLCHIT..

They've shown themselves to be COWARDS... And that's gonna bite us ALL in the azz for decades unless reversed..

Last edited by Redneck; 06/18/21.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i have to agree that the new court appointees have no fortitude. They have , so far, agreed with the liberals on just about every issue. It seems that our Judicial System has been corrupted for a very long time and I'm not sure we will find anyone to nominate that will actually ruse on the text of the Constitution. They'll talk a good story and may have some decent rulings before they get there but when seated they go political. We need Sidney Powell and Lin Wood sitting in judgement. I can pretty well guarantee that they will make decisions based on what is constitutional and what is not.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
It is mainly because of the political process of approving a candidate.
And that process in itself has become corrupted.
Just look at what elected congress critters did during the Kavanaugh proceedings.

Judicial, Executive and Legislative branches compromised. We stand and watch.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The oath keepers, the jellyfish and the subversives as Athinker explained it today. They have all been compromised , some more than others!

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
In case anyone has been absent. Each time a republican appointed judge is nominated the left goes after them viciously. I think this is to show them what they can do to them, keep them in their place more or less.
The left fights hard for everything. Its too bad the right did not do that. trump tried and he had both sides to contend with. I think its going to take blood to undo what Washington now is.

IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
We have been too far down the rabbit hole for a while now

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Don't really want to, but if nominated to the Court I will serve, but only iff you fire the current panel of judges and do not replace them.

I promise the shortest rationale and quickest hearing schedule in the court's history.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Lopsided votes is what SHOULD happen. They are all judging the merits of a case against the constitution. Most, if not all, should be lopsided. That fact that they fall on party lines is what shows it's broken

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kingfisher
In case anyone has been absent. Each time a republican appointed judge is nominated the left goes after them viciously. I think this is to show them what they can do to them, keep them in their place more or less.
The left fights hard for everything. Its too bad the right did not do that. trump tried and he had both sides to contend with. I think its going to take blood to undo what Washington now is.

Exactly.

The left paints a basic RHINO like Kavanaugh as a radical and fights tooth and nail knowing he may get nominated but the republicans won’t dare go further right wing next time much less constitutionalist. They intimidate the supposed right from nominating a true constitutionalist. The Republicans turn around and more or less rubber stamp any Constitutional hating left winging agenda pusher through in order to not look racist, anti feminist ect. And truth be told most of them don’t want a true constitutionalist on the court either.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There was never any reason to think that those two weren't liberals.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

102 members (300_savage, 10gaugemag, 338Rules, 35, 1beaver_shooter, 1eyedmule, 16 invisible), 1,577 guests, and 948 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,082
Posts18,501,644
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.