Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
I’m looking at the Springfield Hellcat vs the Sig 365. To me the 365 grip feels slightly better but the Hellcat is about as good. I like the Hellcat sights better. Triggers are both pretty good for striker pistols. I’ve read some reviews and they seem pretty evenly matched.

I’d like some opinions from those who’ve compared them, used them.

DF

GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Someone just posted a thread on this class if firearm in which both of those two are discussed and compared. https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/16174894/1/hickock-on-mini-9s

K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
I have a P365 that I bought new. My son has a Hellcat that he bought new. We each put several mags through both yesterday. Both work flawless. I can not tell much difference in the two. Both seem to be very good firearms for concealment.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I can't speak on the Sig 365, never handled one. My son has the Hellcat with the OSP package and loves it. My favorite lady liked it so much I bought her one. Excellent size for concealment.

There are several videos on Youtube claiming that the Hellcat has a flawed trigger in that unless you have your finger directly on the front of the trigger it will not fire. I tried it and it's true, if your finger is on any kind of angle on the trigger it doesn't fire. Couple people in the videos tried to make a big deal of it, I don't see an issue. You fire a pistol or a rifle, you have your finger directly on the trigger, not at an off angle, I just don't see any other way to shoot it.

Garry
Trump won !!!
Trying to live like a free man in the Communist Republic of New Jersey.
Love your country, distrust your government.
Democrats and the people who vote for them, enemies of America and a free American people
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Didn’t like the sights or the trigger on the Hellcat.

And like you said, The Sig feels better in my hand. Points better too. I’ll stick with the Sig P365.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I was in the same shape two years ago... I went with the Hellcat because of the FACTORY sights and the OPTIC platform ... they are both great guns with pretty good triggers.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Sig feels better in my hand .

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

+1

I went with the 365X and love it. I prefer the flat trigger and the flush 12 round magazine is the bomb. I like that it is made in the US. The Hellcat is made in Croatia.

I retired my G19 as my EDC for the 365X

Here is a good write up comparing the two:

https://clingerholsters.com/springfield-hellcat-vs-sig-p365-with-pictures/

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
I haven't shot the Hellcat, but have had a 365 for about a year and a half or a little longer. I don't know how I could like pistol that size any better than I like my 365. It carries easily, Has proven to be accurate and reliable, and, all in all, I can shoot it almost as well as any of my "big" pistols.

Mathew 22: 37-39

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

The sig has a better trigger as well

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by cra1948
I haven't shot the Hellcat, but have had a 365 for about a year and a half or a little longer. I don't know how I could like pistol that size any better than I like my 365. It carries easily, Has proven to be accurate and reliable, and, all in all, I can shoot it almost as well as any of my "big" pistols.

Yep

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Opinion on 365 vs 365X vs 365XL and with or without thumb safeties.

DF

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

DF

I bought the P365 before the XL came out. Like the smaller version because it’ll drop in the pocket of my Carhartt work shorts in the summertime.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

DF

I bought the 365 before the XL came out, and I liked it so much that I bought an XL. I put a Holosun 507K on the XL. Now that the X model is out with the optic cutout, I bought an X upper from Sig so I can put a Holosun 507K on the P365 when I get around to it. (Sig will likely sell the P365 with an optic cutout as a factory item at some point.) I carry the P365 with flat base 10 round magazines almost exclusively now. Some people have preferences between the flat and the curved trigger, but I really don't. I just wish that Sig had picked one version and put them on all variants of the 365. It is a pain switching from to the other at the range.

I was so used to carrying Glocks that I went with the versions without the thumb safety.

Hope this helps.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I can actually put the 365X in work jeans front pocket. Short barrel of the 365 with the full grip of the XL and 12 round flush magazine. What's not to like?

I won't pocket carry without a holster as a rule, but you never know.

I dig the red dot too.. I have mine sighted in at 25 yards.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I went to the gun store with a 365 on hold. They had a hellcat that just came in on the truck. I was intending to go home with the sig, but the hellcat felt much better in my hand the sigs trigger was a bit better but the hellcats is fine for me. The hellcat came home due to hand comfort. I don't think you can go wrong with either.

It's good to lead - it's better to lead by example.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Didn’t like the sights or the trigger on the Hellcat.

And like you said, The Sig feels better in my hand. Points better too. I’ll stick with the Sig P365.

Neither did I. I haven't had a chance to shoot a 365 yet.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I’ve been a Glock man for years. The P365XL is the first “non Glock” carry auto pistol that I’ve bought since the 90’s. I bought the one with the Romeo Zero optic due to my 61 year old eyes. I only have about 165 rounds through it so far, but I really like it. I bought a We The People IWB holster for it, and it conceals nicely. I like the fact that I can carry the pistol 12+1 in the holster with a 15 rounder in my pants pocket. A lot of firepower in a package noticibly smaller than my Gen 5 Glock 19. The pistol I bought was an LEO model that was $650. As for the Hellcat, a good friend carries one daily and he let me shoot it at the range one day. It’s a damned nice pistol. Very accurate and concealable. I plan to carry my 365 loaded with 147 grain Federal HST ammo which is my go to for compact 9mms.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

+1

I went with the 365X and love it. I prefer the flat trigger and the flush 12 round magazine is the bomb. I like that it is made in the US. The Hellcat is made in Croatia.

I retired my G19 as my EDC for the 365X

Here is a good write up comparing the two:

https://clingerholsters.com/springfield-hellcat-vs-sig-p365-with-pictures/

Dang it! My wife and I are planning to go to Croatia for vacation when all the craziness settles. We were planning on spending a couple of thousands of dollars there. I might have to change our vacation plan to somewhere in the U.S. so that I can keep our dollars here. With a $2 trillion dollars in deficit we're facing, every little bit will help. Also crossing off my African trip bucket list, too smile.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by wink_man
I can't speak on the Sig 365, never handled one. My son has the Hellcat with the OSP package and loves it. My favorite lady liked it so much I bought her one. Excellent size for concealment.

There are several videos on Youtube claiming that the Hellcat has a flawed trigger in that unless you have your finger directly on the front of the trigger it will not fire. I tried it and it's true, if your finger is on any kind of angle on the trigger it doesn't fire. Couple people in the videos tried to make a big deal of it, I don't see an issue. You fire a pistol or a rifle, you have your finger directly on the trigger, not at an off angle, I just don't see any other way to shoot it.

Have the laws changed in respect to concealed carry in NJ? It was not allowed when I lived there unless it was special circumstances.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (160user, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 257 mag, 1936M71, 06hunter59, 49 invisible), 2,645 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,781
Posts18,477,152
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.