Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by devnull
This was at Costco. Can't imagine what beef prices are in the more niche grocery stores.

I was at Costco , a few days ago. _Pot roast and stew meat were both over $7/lb. Steak damned near $30! I bought 1 pkg each stew and pot.... divided and vac packed the stew at home and that's it. Bought the crap out of chicken and pork.... smile With 2 blocks of cheese and 4 jars of macadamia nut clusters, the bill was $352.

Caribou in the freezer is less than 2 months away, tho. Gonna chute the chit out of them this year! 35 salmon next week, maybe...

You seen the price on red salmon lately????

I could get lucky on a moose too, maybe.

Last edited by las; 06/20/21.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by slumlord
I got some Choice NYstrip yesterday at the food lion for 7.99 lb.

Looked decent too.

I had inlaws over and didn’t want to break into my ribeye stash. They would only complain about the ribeye being ‘fatty’ and also they like everything cooked WELL. which is fuggin retarded my opinion.

Well done and ask for catsup every time.

Nope.
NY strips for them.

But still. I mighta/shoulda bought a few more.

They wanted $17.99 for ribeyes in the CeeBee Ragland
NFW

What the hell is wrong with people? Can't imagine cooking a steak well done. I'd have feed them burger, with catsup. Damn!

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Fuel? Lol

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Catsup? WTF is that ?

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by nugget
We people that raise the beef,we don’t make hardly anything on them,take one to sale they say prices are down,if I didn’t enjoy fooling with them I wouldn’t have them ,just raising them for someone else to make the money off them

Messed up deal, just like timber. We need to go back to more local options, there just isn't many because the big producers killed of most small meat cutters.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
In 20 years if having a Costco membership, I have never bought beef there. I’ve always been able to find much better prices on the same grades and cuts at the local grocery stores. They’re sometimes double on my favorite cut - ribeye.

Last edited by Ben_Lurkin; 06/20/21.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My wife and I along with our 3 adult kids and their families are eating our way through 1000+ pounds of grass fed beef that we had butchered and vacuum sealed for a little over $1000. Not as good as grain fed heavy beef but pretty good. One of the animals was a 10 year old barren mean ass cow that was slick fat, the other a 600 pound steer that was on feed and grass. On the huge cow steaks I soak them a while in a mixture of tenderizer and baking soda in water for about 30 minutes and grill 'em over a wood fire. Considering the $$$ savings and that our daughter is not reduced to making do with ground turkey we can put up with what tastes a whole lot like the bison meat I've eaten. Not going to pay $10 to $15 a pound for something only marginally better.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
We people that raise the beef,we don’t make hardly anything on them,take one to sale they say prices are down,if I didn’t enjoy fooling with them I wouldn’t have them ,just raising them for someone else to make the money off them

Messed up deal, just like timber. We need to go back to more local options, there just isn't many because the big producers killed of most small meat cutters.

Not really messed up. Lots of people are willing to work for free if it means they get to pretend they are a buckaroo. People want to get paid real money to work on a kill floor up to their belly button in blood and gore.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Catsup? WTF is that ?

Piggly Wiggly brand ketchup.

😃

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Catsup? WTF is that ?

😃

Used to come in a big glass bottle.

Looked kinda like those stupid plastic smoker station things. LOOOOOOOOOONG skinny neck, through which very little catsup would flow.

I am MAGA.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dutch
Not really messed up. Lots of people are willing to work for free if it means they get to pretend they are a buckaroo. People want to get paid real money to work on a kill floor up to their belly button in blood and gore.
I think you are right. There is something addictive about owning cattle. A person could spend that time and make a lot more money. I bet the average cow herd east of the Mississippi River is less than 50 head grown animals total.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A carboy of catsup.

Catsupurator, stand alone dorm fridge conversion.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman

I wouldn’t say working on kill floor is real money. I worked the line when I was 20, then got smart and and went to school. That line of work will make you old quick, it was like working out 10 hours a day.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I used think besides groids, my inlaws were the ones that put ketchup on steak and took it well-done.

Then. I met Renegade50.

Same thing.

Could probably cook beef liver to well-done and slop it with catsup and none would be the wiser.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
good find

Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Ribeyes were on sale here for $7.99/lb.

Choice grade, Safeway. Canadian.

I bought a few.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Renegade used to eating schidt food while in da Army

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Just glad I bought a 1/4 from the neighbor rancher this past spring for a decent price. Just the two of us. And I got the heart, tongue, and liver thrown in for free. Those are ALL MINE............................and the dogs!

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
bought beef whole loins at 10.99lb last week,boston butts yesterday for .99lb. making 50lb of sausage today.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Catsup? WTF is that ?

😃

Used to come in a big glass bottle.

Looked kinda like those stupid plastic smoker station things. LOOOOOOOOOONG skinny neck, through which very little catsup would flow.

Whataburger spicy ketchup from HEB, but only fries tots and meatloaf.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Had some Costco NY strip yesterday. Only Choice, but was $8 or $9 a pound a month and a half ago. Used to buy the tenderloin, then Prime sirloin, but not sure I can force myself to pay those prices now.

What fresh Hell is this?
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

223 members (10Glocks, 12344mag, 160user, 2500HD, 1eyedmule, 2UP, 18 invisible), 1,676 guests, and 1,010 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,388
Posts18,469,804
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.