-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I grew up in Dallas and we used to call Red Bird Mall "Blackbird Mall".

The lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part!

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
My Great Great Grandpa is buried in Van Zandt County.

God bless him he's probably spinning there
too with all the crap going on around him

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Take a drive down historic Congo Street.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I spent a week in Dallas in 1985 . . .

I doubt it has gotten any better.

It hasn't
The really sad part is that the better part of the
state is getting more like it by the day
Many just don't see it

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I've yet to be in a large city I want to spend long in.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
May God help us.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I spent a week in Dallas in 1985 and have refused to ever go back. Unlike the other big cities in Texas, it had absolutely no redeeming factors for a man like me.

Well there are some very nice topless bars. I left Dallas in 1974 right about the time they started forced busing. Immediate crime wave.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yes, some very nice T Bars. Best was Baby Doll's on the Fort Worth-Arlington line however.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rickt300
I spent a week in Dallas in 1985 and have refused to ever go back. Unlike the other big cities in Texas, it had absolutely no redeeming factors for a man like me.

Well there are some very nice topless bars. I left Dallas in 1974 right about the time they started forced busing. Immediate crime wave.

I stand corrected.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Dallas has pretty much been a liberal mecca for decades but Ft Worth wasn't so much but has grown that way as well. Republican RINO Betsey Price was mayor for a decade or so and under her it has grown more and more liberal. They did the Sundance Square project and banned powder and primers from the Will Rogers Gun Show. They charge $10 to get in and another $10 to park. The Seminary South Shopping center was a pretty good mall years ago but has become little Mexico. Eastern Hills was sort of an upper middle class neighborhood now it's just The Hood. 820 is dilapidated and lord help if you ever wake up on SH360. You're in for a surprise in toll fees.
Enco and MSC used to have stores in Arlington and Dallas but they evacuated long ago.

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by DubThomas
I grew up in Dallas and we used to call Red Bird Mall "Blackbird Mall".

LOL. We called it the same thing, that was in the 80’s

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I grew up in north Atlanta in the fifties and sixties. Back then, it was whites in north Atlanta, and blacks in the south. In 1957 they built Lenox Square, one of the biggest and best malls in America. It was built in Buckhead, a suburb in north Atlanta for the rich white folks.

I lived 5 miles from Lenox and went there all the time. Great movie theatre and a great toy and hobby store. There was no crime at Lenox except for an occasional shoplifting. Also, never saw a negro there, unless it was a cook at the restaurant, or else a janitor.

These days the negros have taken over Lenox. My brother lives in Buckhead and he is afraid to shop at Lenox. Just four days ago, a 15 year old black girl went up to the security guard at Lenox and shot him twice in the chest. The nigs have moved in all over Buckhead and the City of Atlanta won't arrest them if they can help it, it is so bad that Buckhead is trying to secede from Atlanta and become their own city with their own police force.

I always knew that south Atlanta was a crime ridden cesspool, NBN you know, but now, they are infesting Buckhead? Unreal.
I got out of Atlanta 40 years ago and now I am where I want to be, a long way FROM Atlanta, I am in the wilderness in the NC mountains.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by plainsman456
Just west is Weatherford and for the last 20 years it has exploded with folks getting out of the twin cities.

It has not been a good thing.

Well, the idea is to get the heck out of El Paso, which I don't care for and be close enough to Dallas to be able to help out my folks. Callahan County would be good - not too far, but property values have exploded there (and everywhere else for that matter). In Callahan County, property values have increased 3-5 fold from where they were 10 years ago. I saw some jackass asking $5,100.00/acre out there, but most property in that area is in the $2,200.00 - $3,000.00/acre range, which is still too high in my opinion.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
All of your observations are the direct result of the overthrow of the sensible immigration policy that was in place up until 1965.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Wow. This country needs to lots and lots more of that. Should be billboards everywhere.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
The nigs have moved in all over Buckhead and the City of Atlanta won't arrest them if they can help it, it is so bad that Buckhead is trying to secede from Atlanta and become their own city with their own police force.

But are they willing to PAY FOR their own police force?

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
The nigs have moved in all over Buckhead and the City of Atlanta won't arrest them if they can help it, it is so bad that Buckhead is trying to secede from Atlanta and become their own city with their own police force.

But are they willing to PAY FOR their own police force?

It’s happened 3 times in the greater Baton Rouge area with a 4th in progress.

The answer is yes.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by High_Noon
Just west is Weatherford and for the last 20 years it has exploded with folks getting out of the twin cities.

Well, the idea is to get the heck out of El Paso, which I don't care for and be close enough to Dallas to be able to help out my folks. Callahan County would be good - not too far, but property values have exploded there (and everywhere else for that matter). In Callahan County, property values have increased 3-5 fold from where they were 10 years ago. I saw some jackass asking $5,100.00/acre out there, but most property in that area is in the $2,200.00 - $3,000.00/acre range, which is still too high in my opinion.

That’s from all the Abilene folks moving over there.
They’ve got meth and dope problems in Callahan County nowadays. Lotsa White Trash and dopers.
Friend of mine was the Sheriff there 20 ago. It’s really gone to schitt since he left. Murder, constant break ins, and lots of dope.
You might take a look at Shackelford or Throckmorton County’s. Land is higher, though.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 06/21/21.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
You might take a look at Shackelford or Throckmorton County’s. Land is higher, though.

Thanks for the heads up. How's Weatherford and slightly west of there?

I stopped at the Conoco station at exit 307 and I-20 not too long ago, which I believe is in Callahan county or real close (Baird, TX) just west of Putnam and there was a chick inside working the counter. You could easily tell she was a meth/crack abuser, otherwise she would have been a pretty danged good-lookin' woman. Damn shame. Land prices are getting too high around around Albany, + I hear it's very clickish and not overly welcoming to new folks.

Last edited by High_Noon; 06/21/21.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

They’ve got meth and dope problems in Callahan County nowadays. Lotsa White Trash and dopers.
Friend of mine was the Sheriff there 20 ago. It’s really gone to schitt since he left. Murder, constant break ins, and lots of dope.

Just wait "til President Harris appoints your new sheriff.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Just wait "til President Harris appoints your new sheriff.

Not my county, LT. My Great Aunt used to have a Ranch their that we leased to run cattle on and for hunting, though.
Lots of poachers too.

Fugg The Ho. She ain’t gonna be my President. 🇨🇱

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

513 members (06hunter59, 1badf350, 204guy, 1Longbow, 1OntarioJim, 12344mag, 55 invisible), 2,376 guests, and 1,214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,307
Posts18,487,152
Members73,968
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.