-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
B-but.. The Chinee, they the good guys.. according to Lebone James and JoeHo.

Link to story

BY ILENE ENG June 20, 2021

SANTA CLARA, Calif.—Steven Schaerer, originally from the San Francisco Bay Area, is a survivor with a harrowing story to tell.

After graduating from college, he worked in Beijing for five years and founded an educational consulting firm in his 20’s. In October 2016, while still in China, he was wrongly accused of illegal employment and was arrested and thrown into prison, even though he and his employees were all legally employed with visas. He said the Chinese regime often views foreigners as a threat, especially if they are successful.

“Most of Chinese kind of ‘security laws,’ they’re incredibly vague, don’t really mean much, you don’t know what they are,” Schaerer, author and China policy expert, told NTD television.

“And so, when I was in interrogations for hours with Chinese police officers, one of the first questions, one of the questions they routinely ask was, ‘Do you know how much money we make?’ And they were looking at my tax documents, and they said, ‘Do you know how much you make? You make more than we make,’ kind of implying that was in and of itself illegal. I should not as a foreigner be making more money domestically in China than the police officers.”

Schaerer was imprisoned in what he describes to be a full military-style detention center, with 30-foot-high metal walls and armed guards around the perimeter. Prisoners had their blood drawn, were stripped naked and marched through metal detectors, and had all belongings taken away. The cell conditions were something people living overseas cannot fathom.

“You are sharing this one single, moldy, disgusting squatter toilet among 17 inmates, locked in this 24/7. You are eating out of a communal trough… they basically pour some kind of yellow sludge into a bucket, through a funnel in the door. Seventeen inmates just try to rush and try to eat this out of a bucket.” Schaerer said. “The conditions are horrific; they’re designed to kill you. There are suicide warning signs plastered on the walls.”

They slept with blood-stained blankets on frozen wooden planks with bright fluorescent lights beaming down the whole time. They stayed up taking turns to keep watch, making sure the inmates didn’t kill each other. They were also constantly told they cannot contact anyone in the outside world. He was imprisoned for a little under a month.

When Schaerer was finally deported and safely back in San Francisco, he was malnourished, sleep-deprived, and sick. He had to go through therapy to readjust to living normally again.

Schaerer wrote a book detailing his entire experience, titled “Surviving Chinese Communist Detention.” It was released in May this year.

In it, he shares stories about other groups of people who were detained, tortured, and executed for their beliefs: Falun Gong practitioners, Muslims, Uyghurs, Chinese Christians, Tibetan Buddhists, human rights lawyers, and political dissidents.

His experience provided him with a newfound appreciation for the U.S. Constitution and the rights that protect people in the United States.

“That is kind of one of the things that keeps you motivated every day to share your story, to share my story, to share this story, with the rest of the world and to kind of warn people and say, ‘Hey look, we don’t want encroaching CCP influence here in the West,’” Schaerer said.

“I go through great lengths to describe the difference between the Chinese people and the Chinese Party in my book and to say, ‘Hey, this isn’t a slight of the Chinese people.’ This is not a slight against Chinese Americans who are arguably my strongest supporters and in most instances were like, ‘Please keep speaking, please keep talking, please keep sharing your story.’”

He was given a three-year travel ban from re-entry into China. He has no plans of going back anytime soon, as long as the country is still communist.

Schaerer now works in tech and is sharing his story on multiple platforms.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
GB1

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Commie Bas Turds

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jealousy is an ugly emotion. Just look at the Democrats.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
People in America need to wake up before it's too late.But from what i'm hearing and seeing does not look like it's happening with half the population or more.too many have been brainwashed it's so sad to see what America has become.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The communist Chinese are scum. They are our enemies. They need to be destroyed , not befriended or imitated.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
local dirt;
Top of the morning to you sir, I hope that the weekend was a good one for you and that you had a good Father's Day as well - if that applied to you, etc. & etc. wink

Thanks for the link, I'm not surprised to read that the CCP grabbed a US citizen for no particular reason as that seems to be a pattern with them.

Here north of the medicine line, the US requested Canada detain Huawei executive Meng Wanzhou as they were investigating her role in fraud and conspiracy to commit fraud in order to circumvent US sanctions against Iran. She was detained and placed under house arrest on Dec. 01, 2018.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meng_Wanzhou

She's been in one of her Vancouver mansions since that time.

Coincidentally then, a short time later the CCP grabbed 2 Canadian citizens who were in China on business, Michael Spavor and Michael Kovrig. They've suffered all sorts of human rights violations since then, have been charged and tried in CCP court, without effective council and their sentencing is still pending.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detention_of_Michael_Spavor_and_Michael_Kovrig

Since we have Crown Prince Sparkle Socks at the helm up here, the Canadian government's official position has been muddled, obtuse and ineffective to say the least.

Meanwhile the two Canadian citizens remain in limbo, held by the CCP as political hostages for the Huawei executive.

She's seen regularly shopping in high end Vancouver stores, was able to bring family here from China and rent an entire restaurant for some banquets - while the rest of BC had travel bans and all indoor gatherings were banned mind you.

Reminds us that all animals are created equal, but some animals are more equal than others one supposes, no?

Anyways, if anyone wonders if the CCP are really just misunderstood wonderful folks who just want to make the world a better place, I'd suggest a wee bit of research beyond the MSM would be a good start.

I try my best to not purchase goods made there, but it's tough up here to do that as we've lost so much of our domestic manufacturing.

Thanks again for the article and all the best.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 06/21/21.

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I wish it was like in the movies when you send in Chuck Norris and Stallone .

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
So how do the Bush/Clinton/Biden traitors go to Chinkerland and make million$ without incurring the same treatment??

whistle

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BC30cal
local dirt;
Top of the morning to you sir, I hope that the weekend was a good one for you and that you had a good Father's Day as well - if that applied to you, etc. & etc. wink

Thanks for the link, I'm not surprised to read that the CCP grabbed a US citizen for no particular reason as that seems to be a pattern with them.

Here north of the medicine line, the US requested Canada detain Huawei executive Meng Wanzhou as they were investigating her role in fraud and conspiracy to commit fraud in order to circumvent US sanctions against Iran. She was detained and placed under house arrest on Dec. 01, 2018.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meng_Wanzhou

She's been in one of her Vancouver mansions since that time.

Coincidentally then, a short time later the CCP grabbed 2 Canadian citizens who were in China on business, Michael Spavor and Michael Kovrig. They've suffered all sorts of human rights violations since then, have been charged and tried in CCP court, without effective council and their sentencing is still pending.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detention_of_Michael_Spavor_and_Michael_Kovrig

Since we have Crown Prince Sparkle Socks at the helm up here, the Canadian government's official position has been muddled, obtuse and ineffective to say the least.

Meanwhile the two Canadian citizens remain in limbo, held by the CCP as political hostages for the Huawei executive.

She's seen regularly shopping in high end Vancouver stores, was able to bring family here from China and rent an entire restaurant for some banquets - while the rest of BC had travel bans and all indoor gatherings were banned mind you.

Reminds us that all animals are created equal, but some animals are more equal than others one supposes, no?

Anyways, if anyone wonders if the CCP are really just misunderstood wonderful folks who just want to make the world a better place, I'd suggest a wee bit of research beyond the MSM would be a good start.

I try my best to not purchase goods made there, but it's tough up here to do that as we've lost so much of our domestic manufacturing.

Dwayne

Good Morning Dwayne,

Sorry to hear about your two compatriots. Doesn't sound like Ms. Meng is suffering in any way like your 2 citizens who were snatched in China.

Who would keep voting for Sparkley? He appears to be royalty or something.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That is what biden and the global cabal are bring to the USA.

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by local_dirt
B-but.. The Chinee, they the good guys.. according to Lebone James and JoeHo .

I bet he thought they were good guys too when he ran over there to work.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by BC30cal
local dirt;

Thanks for the link,...

Dwayne

Good Morning Dwayne,

Sorry to hear about your two compatriots. Doesn't sound like Ms. Meng is suffering in any way like your 2 citizens who were snatched in China.

Who would keep voting for Sparkley? He appears to be royalty or something.

local dirt
Good afternoon to you sir, thanks for the response, I appreciate it.

That's an excellent question and not entirely simple to answer.

Our parliamentary seats were decided back in the day when there was no Calgary, Edmonton or Vancouver - so we in the west have a built in disadvantage. For instance one vote in Prince Edward Island would count the same as four votes here in BC.

The equalization payment system is set out by the Feds too, so when BC had a GNP higher than all of the Atlantic provinces put together, including Newfoundland with it's oil revenue - we still pay into the system and they receive.

Since they have many more seats combined than we do out west, it works better for them when they manipulate the government to keep the gravy train going.

Until the beer flu hit us, the western provinces - Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and BC - along with the Yukon perhaps - were paying the bulk of most federal programs though the equalization scheme.

There are pockets of conservatism in Ontario for sure, but not the urban centers and thus they have less seats and representation in parliament.

As well, how we count the votes is a little off and PM Shiny Pony actually got less of the total percentage of the vote than the Conservative leader, but he ended up with more seats - enough to form a minority government with the even further left New Democrats and Greens. We ended up with basically no Liberal seats west of Manitoba either, so essentially the west has no say in the current government - or next to that.

Quebec always does what's best for Quebec and why shouldn't they as it's surely worked well for them thus far.

The answer won't be simple, but again before the beer flu there was a lot of western separatism coming back for discussion, which is something we looked hard at in the early '80's actually.

I surely can't speak for all western Canadians, but there's many like myself that are about done with "the way things were and are" so we'll see.

Sorry for the long reply sir, all the best to you all south of the medicine line.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
The typical American has never experienced hunger or any form of destitution.

They are ripe for the taking!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Blackheart
The communist Chinese are scum. They are our enemies. They need to be destroyed , not befriended or imitated.

Absolutely.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

Absolutely.

*Note to self- add these two anti-Chinese agitators to the terminate-with-prejudice list.

Signed,

Chinese social media monitors for the CCP

LOL
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

Absolutely.

*Note to self- add these two anti-Chinese agitators to the terminate-with-prejudice list.

Signed,

Chinese social media monitors for the CCP

No matter. We're all targets already.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

118 members (41rem, 808outdoors, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 15 invisible), 1,899 guests, and 986 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,711
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.