Letting go another project I started and realize I won't finish due to a major shift in interests, plus having acquired a dandy Krag sporter in the meantime. Figured I would start here before moving it to another venue with more foot traffic.

M1896 Krag - nice action, with shiny new old stock bolt. No extra holes, but the side plate has been altered to not interfere with a Lyman 48 sight that hasn't been installed yet. New Criterion .30-40 barrel I got from the CMP, cut to sporter length of 24", in the white and not installed (it turns in by hand to just a couple degrees shy of lining up the witness marks, would be a simple fitting. Factory cartridge drops in cleanly so it may or may not need touched with a chamber reamer. Figuring $400 for it- 200 for the action + 200 for the barrel. Exactly what I have in it from nine years ago. Antique, so can be mailed direct.

Two sights for a U.S. Krag: Lyman 48K, mint unused, $200 (or pay the $400 for the one on eBay right now). Redfield #102 No-Drill sight for the Krag. Very nice condition, with the all-important screw. $150.
--- I only wish to sell one or the other of the sights as the remaining one would have a home on the tasty Krag pre-war sporter I recently acquired.

Talk to me if interested, and I can take a few happy-snaps of it and text them. I just don't feel like digging out the SLR and doing the whole upload-download thing to put pics onto this site!

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty