-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Bought an LCP II Lite Rack a while back for my pocket gun. I like it, but reliability is kinda so-so, in the form of the slide locking back at random times on a partial magazine load. Dreaded the return process, but finally called yesterday after some research on the problem. Lady on the phone offered three options. I took Door Number 1, a pre-paid FEDEX label that let me pop it in a dropbox. They’ll return it to my house when it’s fixed, just like the Bearcat I returned some years ago. That one had to be sent from the nearest UPS hub, about 45 minutes away, a major PITA.

Had it to the range yesterday before I called. It’s a fun little piece with a good trigger and easy to hit with. Hope they fix it right the first time.

What fresh Hell is this?
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was seriously considering one of those pistols but they do seem to be sketchy on the reliability.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by MOGC
I was seriously considering one of those pistols but they do seem to be sketchy on the reliability.

Based on what?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A bunch of reviews on the Tube. I'm actually not sure I've seen a review of the gun in which it was considered trustworthy. It seems the reviews all have either light strike issues or feeding malfunction issues of some sort.

Other than the safety I really like the gun, thin, light, ten rounds, ect. It could be a very handy little thing to have around. But it has to function, at least reasonably well, to have a place here. It's a sub compact rimfire, I know it will choke on occasion. But those chokes should be fairly rare and it seems from what I gather the chokes are more common than I care for.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
One reason I bought it was the positive revues, actually. The CS lady checked their info while I was on the phone and said it was a known issue, and likely caused by a defective spring. She assured me it would be fixed. As easy as they made the return, I’m not upset about it. When it works, it’s a dandy little roscoe, about half the weight of my M63, and holds two more.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Mine has been very reliable with CCI Blazer but was twice as accurate with CCI Standard Vel.

It would fail to feed on the Standard Vel sometimes though so I cut 3 coils off the recoil spring. It is now as reliable with Hi Vel as Standard Vel.

I have hit all manner of creatures with mine and find it a ridiculously accurate for its size.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
let us know after they fix it if it does fix the problem.
Would be great if it did

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Will do. Will also scream like Paul if they don’t.

BTW, the spring she mentioned is the stop spring, not the recoil or hammer spring.

Last edited by Pappy348; 06/24/21.

What fresh Hell is this?
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Seems like it would have been easier to just mail you a spring.

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
If it’s the spring she mentioned, changing it would require removing the chassis from the grip frame, not for sissies; lots of pins. Plus, it may just be something else. I’m content, so far…

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pappy348
If it’s the spring she mentioned, changing it would require removing the chassis from the grip frame, not for sissies; lots of pins. Plus, it may just be something else. I’m content, so far…

Ran in to this with a SCCY pistol, ordered some parts for the trigger. To replace the parts, the receiver must be removed from the frame, manufactures can not send parts directly to non FFL persons that require such. Aftermarket yes, OEM no. Had to have the parts installed at the factory or shipped to an FFL free of charge.

Swifty
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
My pistol arrived in NC yesterday. Today I got a notice that the repair is complete. Now, let’s see if it’s fixed!

Hoping for a hat.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
My pistol is set to land back here tomorrow. If it’s fixed, that’ll be quite a performance.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Okay, got it back. Said they replaced the slide stop and spring. Can’t find that spring on the diagram, but it may be the spring that retains the takedown pin too. They fired 30 rounds without a malfunction. We shall see.

Fedex dropped it off and picked up a shotgun going back to CZ. That’s a first!

Starting to feel like Paul.

What fresh Hell is this?
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Pappy when you need a little more power their EC9S 9mm is simple and uncomplicated as it gets. No malfunctions with mine yet. Sell for 260 bucks or so
Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Have looked at those, but recently made a call on a whim and found a M60 Pro 3”, a perfect match for my M63. Put laser grips on it and it’s a fine shooter. Those 3” J-frames point very well for me, and I have several holsters they share.

It was, alas, more than $260.

Last edited by Pappy348; 07/04/21.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Will do. Will also scream like Paul if they don’t.

BTW, the spring she mentioned is the stop spring, not the recoil or hammer spring.

LOLOL. I rarely peek down here. My Lite Rack 22 just needed a new magazine. Since they replaced it, I have had no issues at all. I have only fired about 50 rounds though.

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
When I went to test it, I had some more failures. Thought about sending it in again, but decided to wait a bit and see if there was something I was doing that affected it. Just got back after running 6 mags full without a bobble. For now, I’ll call it good.

It has a surprisingly good trigger for a cheap pocket piece.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm curious, what did they put on the service ticket regarding cause and their actions to resolve it?

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
They replaced the slide stop and spring. Which spring isn’t clear, maybe the one that retains the stop. It’s a known issue, according to the lady who took my report.

What fresh Hell is this?

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

622 members (1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 22kHornet, 204guy, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 61 invisible), 2,490 guests, and 1,394 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,602
Posts18,492,305
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.